Sims 4

StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

Let's talk Sims! I love Sims and totally forgot about how much I loved it. I just bought Sims 4 in hopes of remembering all the good times I had playing this game when I was younger. Do you guys love Sims? Have any funny stories? Still playing? Let's chat. :)

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

So I'm gonna sound biased because lol work at EA, but seriously, The Sims is one of my favorite franchises.

It's been a "secret game" of mine forever, because I thought people would thought I was a scrub if I said I loved The Sims, but turns out, everyone kinda feels like that.

When the first Sims came out, it was one of the most anticipated games of all time for me. I was so excited I thought about it for weeks. I bought it on day one and played the hell out of it. I bought the expansions for it (which is something I NEVER do with games, even ones I love). I modded it, and just kept playing it.

I did the same for Sims 2 when I was in college, and I loved it. Again, bought a couple expansions for it.

For some reason, call it life or whatever else, I completely missed The Sims 3. To this day, I haven't played it at all. No clue why, but I hear it was awesome.

I was working at EA by the time The Sims 4 came out, and I was so pumped for it. Though TS3 fans complained about it at launch due to lack of content (something I personally found to be unsubstantiated), I played it a lot when it came out, and so did a bunch of people in Icrontic (here and here)

Again, gonna sound like a shill, but TS4 has had some seriously awesome EPs and game packs. I love that game, and it's gonna keep on getting better.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Somewhere on my hard drive, I've got screenshots from my first run through of The Sims 1 (because I'm a maniac and I never lose files). I couldn't find them, but I did find this, which was the first time I burned sims to death because I guess that's what you do in these games.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

It is a most excellent murder simulator.

DontCallMeKelso
  • StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

I remember being so sad when my character died in the game

• elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

I've been watching a lot of Sims4 build videos lately, and after seeing this conversation pop up I really wanted to play again.
    Unfortunately it took 2 hours to update my origin game platform. Guess I'll be up late :biggrin:

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

As someone who worked on The Sims 4 for a year...

My first The Sims was 1 and all it's expansions and then I played 2, skipped 3, and worked on 4.

I enjoyed it back in the day, it was fun to mess around with, but after working on it, I would never come home and play it (except launch week when we all did), I couldn't after spending all day in the game.

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2016

I like the Sims, but I can never convince myself to spend as much as they ask for all those stupid "expansions", yeah I know money for work and so on. But 30-40 bucks for maybe 1/4 of what the original game offered.

Yesterday I sat down and put in 6 hours, no regrets!

Sonorous
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

I've always enjoyed The Sims franchise from the very first one. I've never understood why some people think it odd to enjoy these games. I just wish it wasn't so expensive for additional content, but it's always been that way.

I spent hours fighting with Origin trying to get it to let me play Sims 4... I guess no more Sims for me :bawl:

@elyxandra said:
    I spent hours fighting with Origin trying to get it to let me play Sims 4... I guess no more Sims for me :bawl:

noooooooo :(

I got my Sims 4 back up and running on Friday and then got sucked in and played for 5 hours when I should have been sleeping.
    It was glorious!

MassalinieprimesuspectRyderStack