Looking for latest video driver for Alienware M17xR4 with 7970M

adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian

I have a Dell Alienware M17xR4 notebook with a 7970M video card. I am looking for an updated video driver but all I can find at the Dell Alienware update site is one from 19 Oct 2013 which is identified as Video_Driver_4NYM5_Win 9.003_A00.EXE and I already have that version installed. I can find newer 7970M drivers from other sources on line but am not sure if these are legit. Can anyone advise? BTW, this notebook came with Win 7 but I upgraded to Win 10 through the free upgrade process.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian

Fantastic! Thanks! I've been wrestling with updates for 3 days on this notebook. I kept getting Win 10 nag screens that there was an important update available but it was unable to successfully take me there. I tried the previous auto-detect from Dell and kept getting..........your system is up to date. Finally, your link was the perfect find! I appreciate it much!!

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

You're welcome. :)