The Legion is Coming!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Icrontic is the most fabulous guild now.

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian

LfR was a mess tonight.

Hell. DUNGEONS are a mess. Nobody knows how to play their class right now!

Levex
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Breezed through 1st wing LFR last night. Easier fights I realize but dps was good, bit low for me though.

I got the hang of my new, much simpler rotation last night and was topping the charts. I REALLY like the new Insanity mechanic. KETHARK SO INSANE

Sazbean
  • SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian

I've been just cycling through all my characters, figuring out what's changed and how they feel. I'll have to run a few through LFR to decide on a main for Legion.

I really, really love the new Shadow Priest.

I've been thinking a lot about the new level 100 talent tier, and the totally wild meta that the new one "Surrender to the Madness" brings to the table.

What it does is give you a rapid increase in the generation of your insanity and, here's the kicker, it allows you to move while casting. This means you can much more easily cast all your insanity-generating spells (like void bolt) while things are going crazy around you (like in the last phase of boss fights)... which means you can maintain void form, which means way more damage... BUT... if you lose your insanity bar and stop moving/casting... YOU DIE.

This means that an insanity shadow priest has just become a time bomb. Throughout the fight, we'll be mid-tier DPS, but when it's time to go fucking nuts, pull the cork and let the shadow priest go into full berserker mode. The fact that you die at the end means there is a real urgency to maintaining and not wasting it. It fits in with the lore of the shadow priest so much, and I'm just tickled at the whole meta of being a sleeper, last-minute berserker.

Also, this is my new sacrificial dagger. We're calling a wipe? Oh let me blow my insanity and kill myself :D

Strikes

Holy shit the intro quests for the Legion invasion. Holy shit!

The new dailies in Stormwind give you a new currency that allows you to purchase 700-iLvl blues to quickly gear up.

PS: Top DPS in the intro raid ;)

What dailies in Stormwind?

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Welp, time to re-up.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2016

Shaman DPS really took a hit with the Legion patch. I struggled to get over 30K in the scenario, but could easily manage 60K in dungeons and raids pre-patch. My rotation is correct. We'll see how this bodes for Legion itself.

//edit: Apparently Shamans gain +50% DPS from their legendary weapon.

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

gd it I am going on vacation. Why why why is this happening today.

Also... that intro... Wow, just wow.

@Ryder said:
    What dailies in Stormwind?

The legion invasion quests at the Demon hunter enclave

The invasions just happen, there don't seem to be any actual quests that those guys hand out.

edited August 2016

@Ryder ... Are you still talking?!?! Go kill shit. :D

You do the daily invasion and then turn it in there

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I haven't gotten any quests from the Illidari camp other then the one that occurs after the Broken Shore to go fight an invasion. I just go fight the invasions every four hours or so if I feel like it. You get nethershards in the reward chests, for killing named enemies, and for completing a section of the scenario.

Also these invasions give a huge amount of EXP, so much so that I know how I'm gonna get my lvl 90s to catch up to 100.

Ryder

There should be be quests from the Illidari this week after reset. :) And invasion frequency increases.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

They've revealed some of what's coming for Patch 7.1. I'll spare some details for those of you not wanting spoilers.

• A 9-boss "epic" dungeon. In response to some players missing large dungeons like Blackrock Depths. This is teh center piece of the patch.
    • A raid that completes the story in one of the Broken Isles zones. They actually didn't say much about this other then what zone it's referring to.
    • New world content and quests for Broken Isles zones.
    • All of this will hit the PTR right after legion launches.

In response to this news being so relatively early, some fans were worried that Blizz is frontloading content. Blizz simply responded "Don't worry, we got you." In an earlier question bit, they stated that a steady stream of content is their #1 priority after the last 3 expansions' content droughts.

Yes, we know there were issues. Our priority #1 now is a steady stream of content - not worrying about rushing out next expac. We are never going to rush an expansion. We did want to do yearly expansions but we don't want to compromise. We are really happy with how Legion shaped up over the summer.

Lastly, they appear to be aiming for 4-5 month long raid tiers.

Yea, Highmaul and BRF were.......very weak. HFC... seemed more like I remember SoO which I really enjoyed.

edited August 2016

Some big disclosures were made for the first post-launch patch.

Patch 7.1

• Patch 7.1 has three major pieces: Karazhan, a small raid, and additional quests in Suramar.
    • We will get a lot more detail on Patch 7.1 after Legion launches.
    • Patch 7.1 was announced now to underscore the team's commitment to patch content as part of Legion.
    • Karazhan is a Mythic dungeon (not Mythic+) with a weekly lockout.
    • Karazhan is a long enough dungeon that some people might do part of it one night and then come back to finish it another night.
    • Patch 6.2.3 was a pretty successful patch for what it was, mostly a systems patch that revitalized existing content and gave players a reason to revisit stuff.

New Dungeons

• The old dungeon structure didn't give the team a good way to add dungeons that fit into the existing ecosystem of dungeons without stepping on the old ones.
    • When ZA and ZG were introduced, they gave better loot than the older dungeons, so people went from running a diverse set of dungeons to running just the troll dungeons.
    • With Mythic+ dungeons and Warforged/Titanforged gear in dungeons the team can add new dungeons that have a higher baseline difficulty and rewards that coexist the existing dungeons.

Raid Release Schedule

• There will be a blog post coming out in the next few days that has the full raid release schedule.
    • The schedule will be similar to previous expansions, where everything is closed for the first three weeks, then Normal and Heroic Nightmare open, the PvP season begins, and Mythic keystones become available
    • Nighthold is an early 2017 raid, towards the very beginning of 2017.
    • In Warlords, it felt like Foundry came out too soon in relation to Highmaul for a lot of guilds and raid groups. The top end raiders were ready for it, but tons of other players were still working on it. Foundry came out and they felt rushed into that.

Mythic+ Dungeons

• The world first type raiders will be playing a lot the first few weeks of raiding. Instead of doing five split clears they may end up doing lots of Mythic+ dungeons, which isn't the end of the world.
    • The average group will probably play through all of the Mythic keystones in the group and that is it. That might take 12 - 15 dungeon runs, which is longer than most guilds raid in a week.
    • It would be easy to add a hard weekly lockout on Mythic keystones to prevent people from farming them for loot, but that would lead to people logging in on Tuesday, doing their Mythic run for the week, and being done.
    • With keystones, if you log in later in the week and have a fresh keystone ready to go, people will be lining up to run the dungeon with you.
    • Currently rewards cap out at Mythic+ 10, which rewards gear that is roughly on par with Heroic Nightmare gear. The real reward comes from the weekly chest, rewarding the mythic raid gear.

Legendary Items

• There is a little bit of tuning still to be done on the legendary items that are outliers.
    • There will still be some items that are the best and some that are the worst.
    • The legendary items are a chance to try out interesting effects that aren't just a damage throughput increase.
    • If you are someone that never sets foot in a raid zone, getting a legendary item should still be exciting for you.
    • There are some legendary items that are amazing in a raid over a long fight that aren't as useful for a player that is just soloing in the world. A more utility related legendary might be a huge deal for that player.
    • There are plans to add more legendary items as the expansion progresses.
    • The team decided not to start out with a system that allowed you to target a specific legendary item.
    • As more are added, there will be some threshold at which there are so many out there that it feels like you can't reasonably expect to get any of the specific ones you want. At that point being able to target certain legendary items will make sense.

Artifact Weapons

• The team will avoid nerfing a spec from being a little too good to the worst so that you don't feel that all of your Artifact progression was a waste.
    • Artifacts are something that will continue to grow and evolve so that Artifact Power matters for the entirety of Legion.
    • Classes are balanced against each other without Artifacts or Legendary items. The Artifacts and Legendary items are then balanced against each other separately.

Melee vs Ranged

• In Mythic+ dungeons melee do really well thanks to their cleave and mobility compared to casters that have to stand still.
    • Melee may be a little stronger in Mythic+ dungeons while ranged are a little stronger in raids, which is fine as long as the gap isn't too large.
    • The team doesn't want to solve the melee vs ranged problem by making life boring for melee and making raid mechanics that don't target them at all.
    • The community doesn't do a great job when something is 1% better and they claim it is the only viable option and everything else is garbage.

Ability Pruning

• You prune a plant to guide its growth in new directions that are hopefully more aesthetically pleasing. It is removing stuff to make room to add new stuff.
    • One of the themes of Legion class design is to emphasize strengths and weaknesses of classes.
    • A lot of the things that were removed were removed after looking back at classes over the years where the class designers had taken the easy route. The team was coming up with a new set of abilities for an expansion or needed new talents and asked themselves what that class needed. If a class wasn't very mobile, they gave them a talent row with mobility options. Players thought this was amazing and what they always wanted, but that led to a lot of homogenization.
    • In a world where no one has weaknesses there are also no strengths.
    • In Legion there is now room to add interesting utility, especially for specs that feel like they don't bring much beyond their throughput.
    • Bring the player, not the class was a reaction to the hyper regimented raid structure of Burning Crusade where buffs were party based and synergy was more important than anything else.
    • The team would like to get back to a place where if you are a PuG leader, you are looking at your raid comp and saying, "We could really use a Hunter, let's look for a good hunter", rather than "Let's look for any ranged DPS, especially the flavor of the month that is 2% better and thus is the only viable one". Obviously this isn't the case literally right now, but it is what the team is thinking about and would like to move towards over the course of patches and future content.

[cont'd next post]

primesuspect
    edited August 2016

Expansion Launches

• There is a lot that has been done by the server team and how the world is designed that will make the Legion launch smoother than the Warlords launch.
    • Zones scale in level so the population will be distributed across the different zones.
    • Under heavy load there will also be multiple versions of the same zone on the same server to make sure that server performance is okay and gameplay feels good.
    • One of the things that caused problems for servers at Warlords launch, especially on the Horde side, was the Spyglass that was needed to start the Horde Garrison. It was only usable by one player at a time, which caused a bit of a bottleneck.
    • The team hotfixed the Spyglass to be usable by multiple players at a time, but something went wrong with the hofix and then no one could use the Spyglass!
    • Horde players in North America were all stuck there for a few hours until the team could fix it, resulting in a big clump of players all hitting the garrison at the same time, making server problems much worse.
    • Everyone on the server was doing Frostfire at the same time, resulting in a laggy zone and even more players building up there, making things even worse.

Raid Structure and Rewards

• The current raid structure didn't change this expansion because there isn't a huge problem to fix. All of the raid structure changes in previous expansions were targeted at solving a particular problem.
    • Classic to Burning Crusade changed because the logistics of 40 man raiding were overwhelming for a lot of guilds, players were a cog in the giant raid machine. "Your job is to dispel this one person and that is your only job in this giant 40 player group". It was fun for the raid leader to plan all of that out but less fun for the players.
    • The introduction of 10 player raiding allowed the team to let more types of players and groups experience the content.
    • Flexible raiding is probably the best raid structure the team has done and is working well.
    • Three difficulties plus Raid Finder means that there is a raid difficulty for all of the different groups. Normal for friends, family, and PuGs. Heroic for guilds that are formed for the purpose of raiding, Mythic for the extremely hardcore players.
    • Mythic needed a fixed size so that tuning could be done in a way that is satisfying.
    • Being able to split the raid into groups that could go off and do a mechanic and assuming that the raid had one of every class was part of the encounters that the team wanted to design for Mythic, so the 20 player size felt like the right number. A smaller group size such as 15 players might have also worked, but that would have been tougher for the groups that were already at 25.
    • The team was worried that LFR was growing too much in prominence in some ways, so they wanted to make sure that players were doing regular group raiding didn't also feel obligated to do lots of Raid Finder to complement that. The team probably overdid this in Warlords by removing Tier sets from Raid Finder, so they are coming back to Raid Finder in Legion.
    • Most of the players that are raiding competitively will already have set pieces before that Raid Finder wing opens, so they won't feel obligated to go and do it when it opens.
    • If you have been really unlucky and want your set bonus, this gives you another chance to go and get that last piece.
    primesuspect
    edited August 2016

Raid Addon Utility and Changes

• Addons that do things like tracking boss timers and better visibility on who is being targeted by what are fine, it is all informational.
    • Some of the things that addons do that interact with the 3D world such as radars or sending people to specific spots on Mythic Kormrok and Kromog are not great.
    • You could have much more scripted movement with the current state of addons, micromanaging your raid's movement and telling players exactly where to move in the 3D world.
    • In Patch 7.1, addons will not be able to access unit position in raids, dungeons, and competitive instances.
    • The team wanted to get this in Patch 7.0.3, but they didn't want to break some mods that are harmless in the outdoor world, such as the ones that help with gathering or collecting treasures.
    • Anything that projects an arrow on your screen that interacts with the 3D world or giving you your position relative to others will be broken.
    • The team didn't want to announce this until they were sure it was doable, but that work has now been done internally.

Dungeons and Raids

• There will be spots throughout dungeons where Demon Hunters can take some shortcuts, but your healer can't be a Demon Hunter.
    • Part of why the team never fixed some of the terrain in Everbloom is the challenge mode leaderboard. Fixing it would make the top times unbeatable.
    • With Mythic keystones, every week is its own leaderboard, so there is more flexibility to fix any issues with the dungeon.
    • There is some tuning left to do on the enemy forces meters so that you can't skip too much of the dungeon.
    • You should have to fight most of the things in your path, dodging patrols and maybe some other groups.
    • Stealth or invisibility potions should allow you to change which groups you have to fight, maybe skipping some tougher ones to do easier ones.
    • Having new and different mechanics in higher raid difficulties gives the team more tuning knobs and players something to look forward to other than bigger numbers.
    • Rare mobs in dungeons that are part of the world quest system should be rewarding even if you are a player that is still leveling and doesn't have access to the world quest yet. This way going to kill the mob is still rewarding for the entire group.

Camera Zoom

• The team wants something to feel epic, even at a larger zoom distance, so they scale things up. Things have been huge throughout WoW's history.
    • Threats that are off screen that you need to pay attention to are trivialized if you can just zoom out to see them.
    • The team has to tune those kind of threats around a certain camera zoom distance.
    • If zooming out even more by setting the cvar gives you an advantage, does that make it required?
    • In a world where you can zoom the camera out and the mechanic is tuned around people doing that, not doing so penalizes you significantly.
    • Motion sickness and other issues that caused discomfort while playing led to the team trying to find a compromise that let everyone play comfortably.
    • The team strongly feels that the game looks and feels better at the maximum zoom allowed by the UI.
    • The new max zoom distance wasn't added to the slider because it will increase the number of people that are experiencing the game in a sub-optimal way.

Loot Rules

• With new personal loot rules, you can trade an item to another person in the raid if you have an equivalent or higher item level. You can't do this for bonus rolled loot.
    • The cooperative nature of group and guild gameplay leads to you wanting to pass an item you don't need to a friend. Personal loot denied you this opportunity until this change.

Mythic+ Dungeons

• The best loot from Mythic+ dungeons comes from the weekly chest.
    • The loot that you are getting out of Mythic+ dungeons per clear will need a fair bit of luck to compete with the very best loot in the game.
    • Most players are not going to farm alts and source multiple fresh keystones on a regular basis to play a ton of Mythic+ dungeons.
    • The Mythic+ dungeon shouldn't be worse for the average player in order to safeguard against exploits or abuse of the system at the high end by a minority of players.
    • The team didn't want to be overly stingy with a new system, instead allowing players to have freedom, finding the abuse cases, and solving them with targeted fixes.
    • A weekly lockout is an easy solution, but everyone would complete their mythic dungeons at the start of the week and then everyone else would have trouble finding a group.
    • There is a possibility that chests at the end of each Mythic+ dungeon run are a little bit too rewarding right now in terms of a guaranteed item for everyone in the group. It should be a complement to raiding, not the best way to gear up early on.
    • The number of items that come out of the chest might change before it goes live. Maybe there are always a couple of items in the chest for the group rather than one for everyone.
    • Mythic+ dungeons are cross-realm. The realm first achievement will be awarded to each player in a five player group that is made up of players from different realms, but this could change to something like 3/5 people being from the same realm to get it.
    • If a player hasn't unlocked Arcway and Court of Starts they won't get a keystone sending them there.

Dungeon Design

• Most dungeons should have 3-5 bosses and take around 15-20 minutes to run on the low end to 35-40 minutes on a larger and epic dungeon. Anything past that isn't great for random matchmaking content, as the likelihood that someone is going to drop out along the way increases.
    • In raids, the bosses are the main content, with the trash there for pacing and to make it feel more like a real place.
    • With dungeons, the team values the non-boss content as well as the bosses.
    • In dungeons you are only spending 7-8 minutes of a 30 minute dungeon fighting the actual bosses, while spending the rest fighting the trash. There is a lot more thought that goes into the composition of the trash packs, their abilities, and mechanics.
    • You used to quest through a zone and get sent into a dungeon to wrap up the zone.
    • The team got away from doing that for a little while, as it increasingly felt bad when you were doing a solo quest line and then had to stop what you were doing to finish the line with a dungeon quest.
    • With random matchmaking and LFG, it is almost still a solo experience if you want it to be. You can jump right into the dungeon and finish the storyline at the end of the zone.

Tier Tokens

• There is no change to how tier set tokens work from Warlords.
    • Personal loot gives you the set piece directly while group loot and master loot drop tokens.
    • It feels better to loot a piece of gear rather than a token, but in a group loot situation the tokens function better.

Dungeon Design

• The team has an internal checklist when they think about encounters, similar to the role tips in the dungeon journal.
    • Sometimes they get to the dungeon journal phase, look at creating a tip for DPS, and find that there isn't anything they can think of to write there.
    • If that is the case, they probably need an additional mechanic.
    • The dungeon is an entire encounter, so as a whole it should have things that are interesting and engaging for all of the different roles.

Content Rewards

• Rather than items being a fixed power point, they are a spectrum. There is a floor on the stats and then a tapering pyramid of item level with a lower and lower chance to get that item the higher item level it is. This allows content to stay relevant for longer.
    • Before, dungeons had a fixed place in gearing up. As soon as you moved on to any form of raiding, there was very little reason to go back and do dungeons. The team would come up with excuses to send you back so that people could enjoy dungeons, such as Badges or Valor Points, but the gear was still irrelevant.
    • Even if you have progressed into raids in Legion, there is a chance that something cool could drop from it that will be useful for your character.
    • It always will be best to do the hardest content available to you in terms of reward for time spent.
    • You could still get something great from a world quest or Mythic dungeon, which is nice because that possibility didn't exist before.
    • The person who does raid finder over the course a patch might end up with a piece of high item level gear, but it is just one piece of gear. No one is going to mistake them for a Mythic raider. For the person that got that amazing drop, that probably made their day.
    • The team wanted to get back to a place where anything could happen rather than knowing nothing exciting would happen.
    primesuspect
    edited August 2016

Augment Runes

• Augment runes and the higher stat food are there for min-maxers that want to squeeze every bit of potential out of the system.
    • There is also an economic side to this, with raiders selling BoE items from raids and using the profit to finance consumables and repairs.
    • Augment runes allows the team to have a baseline solid reward from Raid Finder when you don't win an item.
    • Past expansions gave you 28 gold, which didn't make anyone feel good.
    • The augment runes can actually sell for a decent amount early on in the expansion, which is a better solution than dropping hundreds of gold and causing inflation.
    • The intent is for augment runes to be a nice bonus to players in Raid Finder, not for Mythic raiders to feel that it is necessary to run Raid Finder.
    • Guilds that are using augment runes generally use the guild bank to fund them or rich players in that guild.

Scaling Dungeons

• As soon as the team starting working on the tech to scale the outdoor zones to the player level, they knew that they wanted to do it in dungeons as well.
    • If you can do any zone while leveling it would be strange to not be able to do certain dungeons, especially when they are integrated into the zone story.
    • This will also help with queue times, as the entire leveling pool of players can match with each other.

Raid Tiers

• When the team released Warlords, they thought of Highmaul and Foundry as the same tier.
    • They intended for Foundry to pick up where Highmaul left off, with early Foundry bosses tuned to expect a good amount of Highmaul gear.
    • Even with the time between the two raids, guilds coming in were not feeling rewarded by the 10 item level increase from Highmaul to Foundry.
    • It was common for a guild to clear normal Highmaul, do the first few bosses of Heroic Highmaul, and then go into normal Foundry, which was as hard as early Heroic Highmaul.
    • The team hotfixed the item level of loot from Foundry to make it a full tier apart.
    • In Legion, there is the sliding scale on item level so the team wanted to make sure that if you have been running Normal Nightmare for a while that when you go into Normal Nighthold the gear will feel like an upgrade.
    • Going into a brand new raid, killing the first few bosses, and disenchanting everything that drops does not feel great.

Legendary Items

• There has been some thought about a legendary item token that you could turn it, but it is premature at this stage in the system.
    • There aren't that many legendary items yet, so you don't feel completely unable to get the one you want.
    • If there were 20 legendary items for every spec, you might play the entire expansion and never see the one you wanted. That would feel pretty rough.
    • If you gave players a token, there would be a specific legendary they would spend that token on and feel like a very narrow and deterministic system.
    • The team is looking for ways to make items more interesting and exciting in a world where it feels like items are very formulaic. Legendary items can change your preferred talent build, stat ratings, or how you play your class.
    • There is something that would be lost by giving you a token, having you pick the legendary that is best for your existing talent build, and min-max that way.
    • Initially the team looked at having the legendary items disabled during the World First race, but you can only have one legendary item equipped, making them powerful but not overly so.
    • There is still some tuning to be done on tank and healer legendary items, as they can have more of an impact than one DPS having one.
    • There has always been some element of randomness in gearing up for progression. If you got Warforged Mythic Soul Capactiors on your first clear, that was a really big deal, bigger than a legendary item.
    • There hasn't been a situation where the outcome of the World First race was decided by someone's luck while gearing up.
    • Legendary items are tough to balance, which is why you can buy them from the NPC on beta.

Wrathion

• Wrathion is still around.
    • In alpha he made an appearance in Neltharion, as it is the home of his father, but the way he did it was a little confusing.
    • One of the members of the Highmountain Tauren that had been assisting you was revealed to be Wrathion in disguise.
    • This didn't make sense for the lore.
    • We definitely haven't seen the last of him.

Order Hall Story

• There are plans to continue the story of the Order Hall campaigns. The Alliance and Horde went to the Broken Shore, tried to stop the Legion, and failed miserably.
    • A lot of the story here is you working with your Order, building up your artifact, recruiting champions, and the Orders are our hope for success against the Legion in the long run.
    • As the story advances, Orders will be important.

Class Changes and Bugfixes

• The Exsanguinate nerf hotfix wasn't handled well.
    • Since then, the team has tried to post about upcoming class changes a couple of days before they go live, even holding back the hotfix if messaging hasn't gone out.
    • Players shouldn't have to worry about abilities silently changing in the middle of the raid.
    • The team fixed a couple hundred bugs a week after the patch went live and a couple thousand a week during late beta.

Class Balance and Artifacts

• The team draws the line at changing the relative order of specs in the short term, via hotfix.
    • If Fire is way too good, rather than bringing them down to a point where they are tied with or worse than Frost and Arcane, they will take them to slightly too good still.
    • You shouldn't regret what you spent your Artifact Power on.
    • As the team looks ahead to Patch 7.1 and later in the expansion, there is more flexibility to how Artifact Power can work.
    • They won't keep the game imbalanced for a long period of time, but in the short term there is a lot of disruption that comes from players feeling like the time they spent powering up their artifact was a mistake.

Treasure Goblins

• Treasure Goblins have been removed, they might come back later.

Karazhan

• The new Karazhan is definitely not just updating the old boss numbers. There will be some cool stuff that will blow people's minds, genuinely getting hyped!
    primesuspect

Also, people should start planning out their Artifact weapons in advance. There is a not-insurmountable-but-significant-enough-that-you-should-avoid-it penalty for respeccing your Artifact weapon. Therefore, you should think about planning out its progression in advance so you know how and when to spend the Artifact Points (AP) currency you get from dungeon, bosses, quests, zones, et. al.

Here is a good guide to the Artifact Weapon system, and proposed paths for each spec/class: http://www.wowhead.com/guides/legion/artifact-weapons

primesuspect

@Thrax said:
    Expansion Launches

• One of the things that caused problems for servers at Warlords launch, especially on the Horde side, was the Spyglass that was needed to start the Horde Garrison. It was only usable by one player at a time, which caused a bit of a bottleneck.
    • The team hotfixed the Spyglass to be usable by multiple players at a time, but something went wrong with the hofix and then no one could use the Spyglass!
    • Horde players in North America were all stuck there for a few hours until the team could fix it, resulting in a big clump of players all hitting the garrison at the same time, making server problems much worse.
    • Everyone on the server was doing Frostfire at the same time, resulting in a laggy zone and even more players building up there, making things even worse.

I remember that. I was like the first out of the IC group playing to get max level professions cause I couldn't do anything else at the time.

"The expansion launches at 12:01 AM PT in North America" [on June 30th]

The hype train is real and I am ALL ABOARD