20 years of Pokemons

Comments

• elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

I wish they're open up the field test to Canadians. We've got a lot of fields here!

Creeperbane2
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

They are closing most if not all of the field tests tomorrow actually. As I understand it, they said they are shooting for a late July release for the companion device. So The app itself should be released within a couple weeks.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Shaymin is this month's mythic and is available from the Nintendo Network (from internet) Mystery Gift option.
    Get your lvl 100 hedgehog.

by SailorClef

Also, be sure to grab a Gracidea so you can use Shaymin's other form.
    For ORAS games bring Shaymin to the man at the Berry Master's House on Route 123
    For X & Y bring Shaymin to a girl in Snowbelle City.
    the gracidea will appear in your key items section, and when used between the hours of 5am and 8pm, will make Shaymin shift to it's Sky Form.

BobbyDigi

Pokemon GO has launched in Japan and Australia. Expect European and North American releases very soon.

• NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited July 2016

For those who haven't heard about the latest Pokemon game.....
    Pokemon Go!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/4rfahh/pokemon_go_has_released/

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

RahnalH102
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

Apparently I'm never going to get anywhere since I avoid public places likes the plague.

Though I strolled around my office for 10 minutes trying to find a krabby

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I'm playing the "cannot log in" game.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Logged in with Google, zero problems all day. Caught some stuff.

I logged in around noon, haven't been able to since then.

When I started last night, it was having "launch issues" I'll call it. Namely servers being overloaded cause of release.
    Also if you have good wifi/cell service you're fine it seems, as the other connecting issues have been when I suddenly went from good signal to bad. Also happened to be right when it would try to communicate something to the servers, like "Hey this guy just caught this thing..." no response.

edited July 2016

So far I have a Squirtle, Weedle and Rattata.

I have a feeling Kings Island is going to be my place to hunt.

People are out there having real adventures due to this app:
    http://imgur.com/a/MS0YG

SonorousBuddyJ

@PinkInDetroit and I are team Mystic and we both hit level 7 today

Zanthian

Team Mystic is lyfe. I am level 8, I do not understand how people are level 20 with 2000+ cp Pokemon.

Zanthian

@d3k0y said:
    Team Mystic is lyfe. I am level 8, I do not understand how people are level 20 with 2000+ cp Pokemon.

They live in big cities, have no jobs, and have no obligations outside of catching them all.

ThraxCBZanthian

On Mystic too. only level 5 so far though.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Team Valor!

I wanna know how some of the Pokestops and Gyms were selected. There are some really really strange ones in OKC. Strange like a tiny wall fountain in front of a blood testing place in a medical office park for a gym. Strange like a random Eagle Scout project plaque in a city park.

All of the Pokestops were created by the Ingress team and players years ago. They're mostly historical plaques, murals, public art pieces, or churches.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Woke up to a surprise this morning: my Rufflet breeding program produced a favorable mutation resulting in a 5 max IV Pokemon, with all five in the important stats, from a Rufflet/Ditto that only had 4 unique max IVs between them (2 in one parent and 3 in the other). Very welcome and also stupendously improbable.

primesuspectRahnalH102
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

This game needs a tutorial cause I have no idea what all the numbers mean.

edited July 2016

To those with Alpha Sapphire, could I borrow your Kyogre? It's the last one I need for my Hoenn Pokedex.
    Kinda related note: The Global Trade Service is disgusting.

Big thanks to @drasnor for helping me out. We also traded a bit and battled afterwords. Then I Thought "Oh we could co-op the Battle Maiso!" but turns out its co-op is local only. :(

drasnor
    edited July 2016

New video for Sun & Moon. Showcases some new pokemon and a 2 new features. Hyper Training where it appears that your EVs are expressly shown to you, and custom made tournaments hosted through the global link. My hope for what I said in the previous comment grows.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

So Wimpod is bug type magikarp (Useless)

edited July 2016

Got a Shiny Giratina on Wonder Trade today. Nice!

This month's Mythic distribution is through codes given out at participating stores. The codes are supposed to stop being given out past August 24th, the stores are also subject to stock availability so you may want to grab one soon. Also the codes expire in November.

For the US, head on over to Gamestop to get your Arceus.

Also a new Sun & Moon info video that has new pokemon and gameplay features.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@RahnalH102 said:
    This month's Mythic distribution is through codes given out at participating stores. The codes are supposed to stop being given out past August 24th, the stores are also subject to stock availability so you may want to grab one soon. Also the codes expire in November.

For the US, head on over to Gamestop to get your Arceus.

Also a new Sun & Moon info video that has new pokemon and gameplay features.

The stupid looking palm tree gets even stupider.

Victini, the Victory Pokemon is now available through the online mystery gift function.