Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian

Well it's not free to upgrade anymore, but Microsoft is launching an Anniversary Edition of Windows 10 that adds a bunch of new features.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/features

They even have an "online demo" up

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/emulator

What do y'all think?

-Digi

Comments

• I think it's not going to get me to reinstall Windows on my laptop (besides, they probably haven't addressed the driver issues that caused me to wipe Windows 10 from it in the first place), and it's not going to get me to change from Android for mobile.... so.... pretty much par for the course. I'm also still dubious about Cortana and the amount of information Microsoft is collecting through the OS.

But hey, it looks all flat and modern!

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Been running this on Slow Ring insider updates for a while. It basically looks like Windows 10 as it was launched, but with all the final features and UI assets completed and integrated. It's nice, but not revolutionary. A good service pack for people still running the launch build.

• RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian
    edited August 2016
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I'm too creeped-out to install W10, so I passed on the free upgrade. It's too bad, because the UI improvements and performance upgrades look nice.

I don't really need Windows for anything, so I'm going to see about switching to Kubuntu or another KDE dist for a daily driver. I was great on my laptop before the hardware itself died on me.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Can you get anniversary edition if you're on W10? Like will it come out as a service pack?

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

@Snarkasm said:
    Can you get anniversary edition if you're on W10? Like will it come out as a service pack?

yes

Ryder
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Got in on all three of my PCs in the last two days.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Interesting. Haven't seen it yet, will have to get on at home and check it out.