The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• SonorousSonorous

likes talking in the third person

F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

likes talking in the third person

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@Snarkasm said:
    Is there any way to turn off email notifications for threads you start, but only for a specific thread?

No, tho I'll add if someone started one of our "evergreen" discussions that go on forever and it's wrecking their inbox, I'd be happy to reassign it to Ivan.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Reasonable compromise.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

Vanilla scrubs unicode emojis?

@Gargoyle said:
    Vanilla scrubs unicode emojis?

No, the encoding of our old-as-balls MySQL database does. We actually already made Vanilla compatible with the necessary encoding, I just haven't converted our database because that will suck.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

<cryingface.U+1F622>

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

@Linc
    Am I missing something when it comes to viewing profiles?
    We have fields for lots of things but I can't view them on other members?
    This is desktop.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Ryder is clicking on a person's name what you are looking for or something else?

Well.....
    Just ignore this, because I am a dumb apparently.

I did click on the name, but after looking at yours and mine, the info is all there I just missed it somehow.
    The person I was looking for something just doesn't have it filled out, it seems.
    :banned:

• Search seems to be broken again @Linc

^^ Yep

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2016

@ardichoke said:
    Search seems to be broken again Linc

@Ryder said:
    ^^ Yep

There is a ticket open.

-Digi

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

~~When you triple-click to select all the text between carriage returns, then click a formatting button, it puts the close of the formatting marks after the second carriage return, breaking the formatting. Seems like it should either know enough not to allow the close to go after the carriage return, or understand how to parse the formatting despite the carriage return.
    ~~
    For example, above, I triple-clicked the paragraph, then selected 'strikethrough'.

Linc

I think that the "latest" view is broken for at least some set of conditions. I went to main page, opened all of the available unread threads, some of them stayed at the top of the last page available, others made it correctly down to the latest post.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2016

Is the search currently down, or perhaps still down from the Feb 23 issue? I had a strange nightmare recently that I wanted to post in the 'weird dream thread' but I couldn't find it via search. All terms related to "dream" returned no results.

//edit: inb4 Brian's comment about my monthly visit to the Internet.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

OH LOOK ROB STOPPED IN FOR..... shit. I got inb4ed.

Anyways yes, search is still down.

GHoosdum
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I've been using Google to search Icrontic.

GHoosdum
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited March 2016

@CB said:
    I've been using Google to search Icrontic.

Same. For those that aren't aware and might find it useful, in Google type your search and add site:icrontic.com after it. This will narrow the search to just Icrontic results.

Example:

Neko Atsume site:icrontic.com

-Digi

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Just so everyone's aware it's not a "code" problem; it's a system/platform issue. Just so you don't think Linc is neglecting the site and being like "no that code is hard to fix" or "I don't have time" or whatever.

GHoosdum
    edited March 2016

That can't be right, it has to be @Linc 's fault. I mean.. community instigator, amirite?

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

I had considered using Google but then made the erroneous assumption that the post was in the "Members Only" section.

edited March 2016

I just remembered where I left the notes on Sphinx's setup and restarted it after determining it was simply not running at all. Seems to be running again now & working as expected. Will know whether it's "fixed" or not if it's still working tomorrow. It may be ~15 minutes til it's caught up with recent posts.

GHoosdum
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Just so everyone's aware it's not a "code" problem; it's a system/platform issue. Just so you don't think Linc is neglecting the site and being like "no that code is hard to fix" or "I don't have time" or whatever.

It can't possibly be a system/platform issue. No one has contacted me about looking at it ಠ_ಠ

primesuspectRyder
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

The "Mark All Viewed" button is borked.

GHoosdumJokkeLincLevex

Noted, thanks!

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

Ugh I was having the same issue and was going to report. Glad it's not just me. I always assume its my fault, lol.

Source comment that demo'd this (minor) issue with URL handling. Looks like something in here is causing it to escape the link wrapping early.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816054&cm_re=m65-_-26-816-054-_-Product

vs

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826816054&cm_re=m65--26-816-054--Product

specifically, the underscore in -_-