A few Legion questions

pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Annes and I have been considering coming back (sometime, soonish) to run through Legion at a leisurely pace. Raiding wouldn't be very likely for us, at least not for a while.

A couple random questions that come to mind:
1) If we both have previous accounts (w/ WoD), can anyone benefit from a referral from us signing back up?
2) What are considered the essential loadout of mods; mostly thinking for quests / inventory management / mapping?
3) Any must-read starters on how to get into the new content? Any critical things to do while leveling up?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I think we answered this in Mumble, but for anyone else looking around:
    1) no, only brand new accounts or starter only (never purchased one month of time)

2)
    Generally useful: BigWigs/LittleWigs or DeadlyBossMods, Tidy Plates, Skada/Recount, Dugi's Quest Guide, Bagnon, (if you don't do lore stuff) Autoturnin (or mess with the settings in Dugi's Quest Guide), Garrison Commander, GTFO, Mapster, Scrap

Situationally: Bartender4, Prat, there are a slew of AH based addons,

Useful at 110/raiding: DeathNote, AutoLog (combat logs), Weak Auras, VuhDo (tanks and healers usually)

3) wowhead or icyveins (look at your class page for mod recs and leveling guides, here is order hall overview)

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2016

I like to have as few addons as possible.

ElvUI | Adibags | DBM | GTFO | Gathermate2 | MikScrollingBattleText | Skada | TidyPlates is all I use.

ElvUI is a very powerful UI replacement that Icyveins recommends http://www.tukui.org/dl.php

Resources, like @Tushon said Wowhead and Icyveins are great

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

1) No
    2) Auctioneer, DBM, Scrap, Tidyplates, Handynotes Treasure Map (with Legion Treasures pack)
    3) Naw man. Enjoy the amazing new content, lore, and stories. Read the quest text, it's worth it. Take it slow. This is the best expansion they've ever put out. Soak it in.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

The story is really good this time around. Note, i usually could care less about the story.

Considering paying attention a second time to see what i missed.

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2016

Are there any dailies/rep things I have access to and be doing from the start that i should be doing that aren't obvious?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Nope. "Dailies" have become World Quests, which are much more interesting. You unlock world questing at 110 when you have friendly rep with all factions.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

And you get friendly by completing the major storylines in each of the zones.