Battlefield 1

2»

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

@BlackHawk said:
    I still haven't played the final release with IC peeps yet but the intro when I launched the game really impressed me. The graphics were just awesome. I'm gonna try and play some single player today when Carla goes to work and crank the volume really high.

So I played 3/4 or the single player tank mission and I'm pretty much in love. I don't know if it's the cool brisk air today or having the sound really loud but I really enjoyed this past hour.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

I've played every battlefield since 2 but I am sitting this one out.

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

Single player is a lot of fun

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Okay, so can someone tell me what happened to my Early Enlister Deluxe equipment, my infantry levels etc.?!

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Karma said:

I bought it. Played for 2 hours and have not touched it since. Something doesn't feel right to me. I think I need to play much more to get comfortable with how differently the weapons feel. The modern feel that I have come to love since BF2 seems to have been replaced with the brutal historical accuracy of the weaponry of that era. I can't hit shit and it's defiantly me, not the game.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@Sonorous said:

@Karma said:

I bought it. Played for 2 hours and have not touched it since. Something doesn't feel right to me. I think I need to play much more to get comfortable with how differently the weapons feel. The modern feel that I have come to love since BF2 seems to have been replaced with the brutal historical accuracy of the weaponry of that era. I can't hit shit and it's defiantly me, not the game.

I think for me it was the same things that were annoying in ones previous but magnified. Snipers freaking everywhere, medics not healing or reviving, no team work unless with premade. Plus I don't particularly care for the WW1 aesthetic. It is pretty though.

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2016

I don't know if I can describe this in any way and give it justice but I think we just had our best Battlefield game ever bar none.

Edward Squad on Iron Hills (Italian Operations) with @RyanFodder running assault and clutch demolitions, @TiberiusLazarus our mortar man/main support gunner, @UPSLynx sniper extraordinaire and myself, an erratic medic.

First map, Mont Grappe we coordinated the hell out of the entire push, only failing the initial assault as we reached the fortress.

The second map is where things got absolutely crazy, we stalled out after only the second Sector but with the last assault the entire team managed to force our way up a mountain and back down the other side into an Austrian Coastal fortification. As the match was coming to a close you could practically feel the tension as we made it through two whole sectors with a mere 16 reinforcement tickets remaining.

Our confidence renewed after the disappointing second wave we soldiered on, the assault petering out all around us with little hope of victory. Something amazing occurred as we hit our last 5 tickets that I'd never seen before in these games. In most of my experience other players are quick to revive costing the team tickets in the attempt to get back in the action but something, some team-wide determination perhaps, found every single player waiting for medic revives and with a coordinated final strike on the fort we managed to take the final two points with a mere 1 ticket remaining.

It was the closest, most intense match I've ever experienced and seeing our squad make the ranks as the top scoring unit (With yours truly as squad leader topping the leaderboards) made it that much sweeter.

BobbyDigiaspieRommelRyanFodder
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Sitting at the spawn screen, with one ticket left, watching both capture points be taken was glorious.

Ilriyas
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2016

So, I usually don't like Battlefield games, and I'm still not sure that I like the multiplayer in this game (mad cuz bad). That being said, the singleplayer, from what I've done so fair, is gorgeous, brutal, and haunting. I am really impressed with what they've done. The game looks beautiful, and weirdly I keep being impressed with the sound work. It's all really crisp and satisfying. I am also really glad that it starts you out with a black soldier. Black people have always fought in wars, but lots of historic movies seem to forget that or marginalize it. I am always in favor of accurate history. (That being said, I can't comment on how historically accurate anything else in the game is! the World Wars aren't my expertise when it comes to history).

RyanFodder
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

Look up the Harlem Hellfighters sometime. They kicked a lot of ass and played Jazz for the French while they did it too.

TiberiusLazarus
    edited November 2016

@Winfrey said:
    Look up the Harlem Hellfighters sometime. They kicked a lot of ass and played Jazz for the French while they did it too.

Aren't they mentioned at the KC WWI Museum as well?

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2016

The National WWI museum in KC at the Liberty Memorial does indeed cover all manner of perspectives and associations with the war. African Americans are a big part of that. Course when they came home they were lynched and attacked during race riots. 'Murica mirite?

Tushonprimesuspect

@Winfrey said:
    The National WWI museum in KC at the Liberty Memorial does indeed cover all manner of perspectives and associations with the war. African Americans are a big part of that. Course when they came home they were lynched and attacked during race riots. 'Murica mirite?

Don't sound too different from the Vietnam vets.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@aspieRommel said:

@Winfrey said:

Vietnam vets were not lynched.

CantiRyanFodder

@primesuspect said:

@aspieRommel said:

@Winfrey said:

Vietnam vets were not lynched.

But they were attacked, spat on, treated like scum almost.

But I'm not going to continue this, not the place to get into a long drawn out conversation on this.

@UPSLynx Where's that menu music soundtrack I asked about? :)

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Ilriyas

The only thing that could have made that better imo is if he got back into the plane after diving off the blimp.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@aspieRommel said:
    @UPSLynx Where's that menu music soundtrack I asked about? :)

BRUV IT'S RIGHT HERE.

https://open.spotify.com/album/0jcNyEDXKVFqUm7HuaxLLi

RootWyrm

Saw this vid the other day and absolutely loved it! Sent it to @UPSLynx and he got a kick out of it.