November 18th is going to be SO GOOD.

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
edited October 2016 in Home & Auto

Release date teaser:

The Trailer:

The Grand Tour: http://www.grandtournation.com/

So, excite!

DontCallMeKelsoaspieRommelUPSLynxSonorousMAGICSazbeanCreeperbane2Mt_GoatLevexBuddyJ

Comments

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

Can't wait to see the old (aka REAL) crew again!

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Seriously cannot wait for this. I especially love that they're kicking it off with the La Ferrari / P1 / 918 showdown. This was the hypercar battle royale everyone was waiting for Top Gear to do, and thought it's been done on other channels by now (spoilers, dat 918), I cannot WAIT to see what these three do with those cars.

Levex
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

What really blows my mind is right around the time Top Gear was killed off (with this trio of showrunners), the car world has BLOWN UP with amazing new automobiles. The Aston Martin Vulcan, the Porsche GT4 / GT3 / 911 R, the Bugatti Chiron, the Pagani Huayra BC, Lamborghini Centenario, Koenigsegg One:1... list goes on. Some seriously insane cars have been introduced in the last two years and these three NEED to tell us about them.

Levex
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

But but but they have that guy... from Friends... hosting... The show really isn't any good any more.

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

What? This is a new show with Clarkson, Hammond, and May.

• ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2016

I'm still kind of irked at them for the hatchet job they did on the Tesla Roadster.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@d3k0y said:
    But but but they have that guy... from Friends... hosting... The show really isn't any good any more.

This is not Top Gear. This is The Grand Tour. Top Gear is dead, even though they're still making it.

DontCallMeKelsoaspieRommel
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

I never cared much for Clarkson. James May is my boy though.

Garg
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Karma said:

I have always appreciated Clarckson's perspective on vehicles. He knows what he likes and is not ashamed of his preferences. I like that he isn't afraid to challenge car manufacturers on practicality as well as performance of their vehicles.

Garg
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

Each of the hosts have their pluses and minuses, but it's the sum of those parts that makes the show really remarkable and entertaining to watch.

@Winfrey said:
    Each of the hosts have their pluses and minuses, but it's the sum of those parts that makes the show really remarkable and entertaining to watch.

I agree, there is a lot of playing off each other. but I'd watch a show where James May just reads things critically.

@Winfrey said:

Mostly for me, it's the chemistry between all three that really makes the show for me.

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

I agree that it's the chemistry between them. I could probably watch an hour long show of them just talking and having breakfast at a coffee shop.

RyderUPSLynx

@Karma said:

Clarkson is, as James May put it so eloquently in his post-clarkson-firing-interview, a knob, but he knows his stuff. I also appreciate his perspective on things as a big & tall man (we're both 6'5 and relatively similarly built), as the interior room and accessibility is very important to someone like myself.

I'm just very very excited for The Real Top Gear Grand Tour to get started

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

This day is also my birthday. I feel Amazon has gifted me well.

@AlexDeGruven said:

@Karma said:

Clarkson is, as James May put it so eloquently in his post-clarkson-firing-interview, a knob, but he knows his stuff. I also appreciate his perspective on things as a big & tall man (we're both 6'5 and relatively similarly built), as the interior room and accessibility is very important to someone like myself.

Wait people are actually watching that show for practical car advice? Because I am no where near that income bracket.

@Karma said:

@AlexDeGruven said:

@Karma said:

Wait people are actually watching that show for practical car advice? Because I am no where near that income bracket.

In most cases, it's a "If I ever..." type of thing. But they also talk about regular cars, or at least cars that are feasibly in reach of my income bracket, now and then.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@Karma said:

@AlexDeGruven said:

@Karma said:

At the very least, it gives you a a clue of what to look for in cars within your income bracket.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

The first few seasons of the show (before James May) it really was centered around practical car buying advice.

Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

My calendar reminder came up today and I got excited all over again.

edited November 2016

@DontCallMeKelso made a good point, we can probably watch at ~7pm EST TONIGHT!, because it says 12:00am UTC Friday.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

I am ready.

Please tell me Amazon Prime has a free trial period!

Can confirm, available right now.

So far..... so awesome!!!!!

AlexDeGruven

Well done chaps, well done.
    The boys are back.

AlexDeGruven
  • LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

It was awesome!

AlexDeGruven

Just finished episode 1. Absolutely fantastic. Everything that was great about that other show and none of the stuff that wasn't. Plus, Amazon seems to be letting them do what they want without much of a leash.

So much poo coming out.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

I liked all the parts that weren't in the tent. Everything in the tent seemed second-rate compared to the beautifully overproduced driving sequences they're known for. In general, the scripted stuff was weak. But when you put Clarkson, May or Hammond in a car and just let them do their thing, it was great to have dialogue that was free from bleeps and censorship you find on network TV. And OMG the new track. Eboladrome. LOVE IT.

edited November 2016

I agree about the tent stuff. My feeling is that they will find what works as things progress. The stars gag was weak and silly, why didn't they just talk to at least 1 of them.
    I want some form of "the news" back and I assume it will happen based on what I saw.
    This was an introduction after all. I wish they would have just done a 2 hour special so they could do a more normal show along with all the "this is our new shit".

BuddyJ