Come be a Voice Over actor with me

sazboomsazboom White Lake MI Icrontian

Fiction fans are a huge untapped market for professionally created and voice acted stories from RPG games.
The current market isn't meeting the potential demand. I want to help solve that.

Last year 55 million Americans listened to an Audiobook. Nearly one half of that market would be Fiction readers, given book sales for 2016. Thats 23 Million people willing to pay money to listen to fiction stories.

One of the most successful podcasts of the last two years is Welcome to Nightvale, an episodic horror travelog in the form of a radio drama. It is talked about with This American Life as one of the most popular broadcasts of 2016. It is described by its creators as a Call of Cthulhu game with one player.

Stranger Things is only the most recent love letter to D&D on screen. Before that Dan Harman's Community paid tribute to D&D in three different episodes.

Critical Role is a Twitch/Youtube show that has 400K subscribers and 20K viewer live weekly just to watch 9 professional voice actors tell a wonderful story with elves, dwarfs and halflings.

Hyper RPG is a full time RPG streaming company with two studios. Its most popular show, Shadowrun Corporate SINs is a live streamed game that makes thousands an episode in donations alone.

The 23M fiction audiobook buyers are the potential market. The 400K is the current market cap

So I am creating a new project to produce scripted Radio Adventure/Dramas like Welcome to Night Vale. The difference being, our stories will be in popular RPG settings and we will be creating the scripts collaboratively.

Our first announced show is called Motor City Shadows set in the Shadowrun universe 2077. You can find more details about it at radioroleplay.com

We are looking for people would be interested in doing Voice Over acting for some of the characters or extras in our stories. We are especially looking for Female voices.

If you are interested in learning more, let me know. You can email me at aaron@radioroleplay.com

LincSazbeanMassalinietrooster89

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

What a coincidence, I happen to be a voice actor. I'll shoot you an e-mail, I guess?

BuddyJ
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2017

This has been a lifelong dream of mine. No training or sample reel though.

• sazboomsazboom White Lake MI Icrontian

@Kwitko said:
    This has been a lifelong dream of mine. No training or sample reel though.

If I was looking for a trained professionals in anything, I certainly wouldn't post on icrontic. Ya'll are a bunch of fuck-ups. j/k

Send me an email and Ill reach out.

JBoogaloo
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

Very interested.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian

Yup. I've done some voice acting and enjoyed it thoroughly.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Interested as well. Will email later.

• sazboomsazboom White Lake MI Icrontian
    edited April 2017