Andromeda

fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

What!? No discussion about ME4 yet? For shame

ChoochpigflipperJBoogaloo

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I'm on this hype train. Take me away!

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I've enjoyed Mass Effects in the past, but know very little of this Mass Effect.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

You're getting gameplay footage tonight too from CES ;)

fatcat

I'm waiting for Nvidia's "we'll be talking Andromeda" session as well

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

This is so good.

so....while I am hyped for the game, I'm disappointed there wasn't original music in this trailer

I'm disappointed that the default/canon protagonist is a white cis dude again.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

@CB

Wat

IlriyasUPSLynx

That character did not appear in that trailer I just watched.

Bioware dropped the female trailer first this time around here:

CB
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

@CB said:

That's Commander Shepard from the original ME series.

When the choice is between an emotionless robot and Jennifer Hale I'm going to choose Hale every single time.

In Andromeda it's been made pretty clear that the two Human protags are siblings and are Dual Protagonists regardless of which one you choose.

As with ME and DA my choices will fall on whichever VA has the better performance.

CBCanti

also, memories

Canti

Regardless if you choose male or female, your twin doesn't instantly become obsolete and is part of the story. You can also customize the look of both twins, along with the father from the default.

Neat! No non-humans, though. :D

edited March 2017

@CB said:
    Neat! No non-humans, though. :D

Basically yes. While the original trilogy took the Star Wars approach (the chosen one) it looks as if Andromeda is going more of a Star Trek similarity.
    Also a key note, when asked if this is the first of a trilogy, Bioware has consistently deflected the question. We could very well see a Dragon Age direction with Mass Effect, with a different protagonist in each new game.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

@CB said:

Exactly

fatcat

I know it'll sound like heresy to @fatcat superfan :D but I'm seeing a lot of 'meh' opinions coming from people I usually trust the opinions of for games. I think I'll wait til this one's on sale.

edited March 2017

@CB said:
    I know it'll sound like heresy to @fatcat superfan :D but I'm seeing a lot of 'meh' opinions coming from people I usually trust the opinions of for games. I think I'll wait til this one's on sale.

not a bad idea. it's a mixed bag right now. some things are great, and other parts are not. will have to see how bioware addresses some things

CB

@CB just wanted to update you. The more I play Andromeda, the more I am enjoying it. The story is a slow burn, and is finally gaining weight at about 10 hours in (maybe less, I'm exploring everything). I'm just now understanding how huge the game will be.

While some of the negativity in the reviews is justified, I wonder if they fully gave the game the chance it needed. It is not Shepard's Mass Effect. There is no hero. But the awe and wonderment of actually exploring a completely new galaxy for me, is exciting.

Will it be as epic as the trilogy? I doubt it. But it's a very familiar Mass Effect foundation with a fresh look on exploring. In a basic sense, it's ME1 improved with ME3MP combat evolved. I just got my full crew and haven't really built any rapport with them, so I can't comment if they will be as great as the companions in the trilogy.

Anyways, just thought I'd shoot ya an update, as well as anyone else interested in the game.

CBJBoogalooChoochUPSLynx
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

I'm thoroughly enjoying it, personally. The combat feels fantastic - I'm charging, throwing around combos, regenerating my shield, just going blitz on the battlefield. The companions are a lot of fun with your little quirks, and things like the message board on the ship are funny little additions that flesh everybody out more. (PS: I'm starting to hate Cora, she seems to like her Asari commando leader more than me.)

That said, I'm annoyed at some bugs (characters being out of position in conversation cutscenes, some black screen flickering, etc.), but on the whole I'm really having a good time. The story so far is intriguing (I found Aya and am working on Havarl after finishing Voeld), so I'm looking forward to what remains.

fatcat

Itsa masta'piece!

_k
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

This is me as a 100% non-invested person who knows absolutely nothing about Mass Effect, has zero emotional investment in the IP or storyline, and hasn't read reviews or followed anything other than what I see my friends say about this game:

That looks hilariously bad. Like terrible. Like, really really embarrassingly bad. What the hell happened? Wasn't this a major AAA franchise?

CBbright