PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian

It's $30 but has amazing potential for fun. Think Hunger Games ish? All the awesome of Battle Royal without the kids?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/

You can drop into the world as a 1-4 man team. Boarder shrinks until 1 remains.

If a group is down, I'm in.

A Taste here

-Digi

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Interested!

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

For those interested in the game, I enjoy this twitch personality who mains this game:

It's over the top, but it grows on you and is pretty entertaining after a while.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Off topic: That persona got that person a CM job on CoD about 6 years ago

On topic: I am interested, but I really am hesitant because its the same person who did the DayZ mod and ditched, H1Z1 mode... and ditched.... I just, is this gonna get near out of early access and is he gonna ditch again?

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    Off topic: That persona got that person a CM job on CoD about 6 years ago

On topic: I am interested, but I really am hesitant because its the same person who did the DayZ mod and ditched, H1Z1 mode... and ditched.... I just, is this gonna get near out of early access and is he gonna ditch again?

I concur with Kelso. It looks fun and would love to try it out but this and the fact that my luxuries budget is basically nil since I was in the hospital for a few days back in September, so I'll be paying on that for the next 89572409 years.

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian

This game is amazing and is the next e-sport game for shure.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso said:

Hmmm, I'll probably wait until a sale then. Even then hopefully the hype stays high. Not worth the $30 roll of the dice to me.

-Digi

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian

The game isn't even released yet. A "sale" might be a bit into the future :P

@TheLostSwede said:
    The game isn't even released yet. A "sale" might be a bit into the future :P

Yup, which is why I hope the hype stays high enough to justify a purchase at that time.

Such is the way of life in the Steam ecosystem

-Digi

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian

so is this game good?

CB
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

@shwaip said:
    so is this game good?

I'd like to know as well.

@Gattsu ? (playing right now lol)

@ZenMode @wax

-Digi

• GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian

The bugs can be downright infuriating at times (doesn't happen too often). The shooting mechanics are perplexing under certain circumstances. If you are prone to "jumpscares", this might be a little overwhelming. Nonetheless, I can't stop playing it. This game was exactly what I was looking for after I quit H1Z1 a year ago. I see a great deal of potential for it as they work out the kinks. It's a super tactical game that requires a great deal of prudence with every move. Like an enormous game of chess, with a bit of luck required. It was well worth my $30.

edited April 2017

@Gattsu said:
    The bugs can be downright infuriating at times (doesn't happen too often). The shooting mechanics are perplexing under certain circumstances. If you are prone to "jumpscares", this might be a little overwhelming. Nonetheless, I can't stop playing it. This game was exactly what I was looking for after I quit H1Z1 a year ago. I see a great deal of potential for it as they work out the kinks. It's a super tactical game that requires a great deal of prudence with every move. Like an enormous game of chess, with a bit of luck required. It was well worth my $30.

Thanks!

From what I've seen of streams it looks pretty fun, except for some of the shooting mechanics. I also think if get pretty frustrated by a 3rd person shooter rather than an FPS.

Maybe I'll give it a bit longer to mature before I buy it...

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian
    edited April 2017

From what I've seen of streams it looks pretty fun, except for some of the shooting mechanics. I also think if get pretty frustrated by a 3rd person shooter rather than an FPS.

I think the gun mechs will probably keep from buying the game at any point.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

@Gattsu said:
    The shooting mechanics are perplexing under certain circumstances.

@shwaip said:
    except for some of the shooting mechanics.

@Karma said:
    I think the gun mechs will probably keep from buying the game

What's wrong with the shoots?

UPSLynx

@CB said:

Shots can occasionally go quite wild based on your point of aim. It's really just a learning curve thing.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@Gattsu said:

@CB said:

Shots can occasionally go quite wild based on your point of aim. It's really just a learning curve thing.

Bug or Feature?

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Feature.. do you always hit what you aim for? ;D

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@CB said:

@Gattsu said:
    The shooting mechanics are perplexing under certain circumstances.

@shwaip said:
    except for some of the shooting mechanics.

@Karma said:
    I think the gun mechs will probably keep from buying the game

They are really clunky like really clunky. I know for some people it doesn't matter but when it comes to shooters it's my #1 priority and a non-starter for me.

When it comes to games (well just shooters) I like my actions to always be repeatable since I think that is a skill and another way I know i can consistently beat someone. I prefer less realism and more just feels good in that regard.

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

I purchased the game, but I haven't played it yet. Probably more fun with friends.

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

Green Man Gaming has Playerunknown's Battlegrounds (PC Digital Download) on sale for $22.49 after voucher code L371K7-WW5P69-CTHVLG

So I caved and bought it, I'm having fun playing, been doing Solo queue and having fun even when failing miserably. There's not a long wait to get into a game which is nice if you die quick, and once you're in game, you can go forever without killing someone but still have fun.

I've been streaming when I play - twitch.tv/dontcallmekelso , theres a few VODs of my last plays if anyone wants to see what it's like and watch me suck at the game.

Overall, I spent $20 of my own money on it ($10 steam wallet from selling shit), and I think $20 might be the sweet spot for $$ to spend on it

BobbyDigi

I'm officially having fun with this game, even when losing. But today my friend and I won a duos match.

BobbyDigi
    edited May 2017

Well I won a solo match...

last kill we were both prone in a field, had no idea where the other person was. they shot me with the vss a few times, still had no idea, and took a few lucky shots and got the kill

gg?

http://plays.tv/video/592c802beb1425408e/first-win-sound-broken-

Sonorous
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

AND ITS COMING TO XBOX ONE X!!!!

Ignore the entire missed clip, focus on the noscope.

http://plays.tv/video/5951baa3a156349ea8/hashtagnoscope

(I knew he was in that set of rooms, heard him moving around)

Also I died later that round when I accidentally holstered my weapon and tried to punch someone at gun range........

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I've been playing this quite a bit, I like it a lot. I find it to be the most fun in squads with friends tho. Single player can be a little frustrating at times.

Thrilling conclusion after I got killed early in the match...

@Thrax @Sonorous

http://plays.tv/video/595abf4d49e74dd306/winnerwinner

This is the highest rank I've made so far. Whenever I break into the top 100 I start getting merked.

Sonorous