An ode to the album format, and my top 11

2»

Comments

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

@MiracleManS said:
    There will likely be some recency bias here, but my favorite albums tend to be:

Relationship of Command - At the Drive-In
    The Greatest Story Ever Told - The Lawrence Arms (the liner notes and story are fucking awesome and it includes tons of cultural references)
    Transgender Dysphoria Blues - Against Me! (took forever to make as Laura was beginning to transition, re-recorded a half a dozen times and self recorded and released)
    At the Edge of Time - Blind Guardian
    Touched By The Crimson King - Demons & Wizards
    Dear You - Jawbreaker (first and only major label release by them. Actually ended up killing the band. Still a good listen and a huge break from their earlier stuff)
    I'd Rather Die Than Live Forever - Brendan Kelly and the Wandering Birds (Not for the faint of heart, written because he had kids and was stuck listening to Dora and shit. Gets pretty dark while being poppy)

Well I didn't expect to see Jawbreaker or the Lawrence Arms. I was really into them for a long time. Dear you truly was fantastic. Jets to Brazil has some stuff that beckons to the Jawbreaker stuff.

MiracleManS
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

Need to add;

• Bat out of Hell by Meatloaf
    • Abba by Abba
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

Hisingen Blues - Graveyard
    Nucleus - Witchcraft
    Broadsword and the Beast - Jethro Tull
    Blues Pills - Blues Pills

• TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian

I think maybe it's a younger person thing. While I do enjoy listening to albums that are seamless (Thanks @Linc for listing Some Nights), I prefer to get a random song as to not have tedium when I'm at work or on car rides.