Pokemon GO

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2017

Also, Digi at Expo '17

-Digi

• MethoDMethoD Durham, NC Member

Team Mystic, reporting in. Still loving them 5 mile walks on Saturday and Sunday while it's nice outside.

primesuspectGnomeQueen
  • elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

Decent weather returned to Hamilton last week (except for today/the next 4 days of rain), and with it, walks... and occasionally remembering to load up Pokemon GO. Maybe I'll manage to reach lv. 20 at some point this summer.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

They've announced another type event. This time it's the grass event and it lasts from tomorrow afternoon sometime to May 8th.

BobbyDigi

@RahnalH102 said:
    They've announced another type event. This time it's the grass event and it lasts from tomorrow afternoon sometime to May 8th.

Indeed, a World Wide Bloom

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/grassweekend2017

And lures will last for 6 hours

https://mobile.twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/860233380675366912

-Digi

edited May 2017

Archit Bhargava - Global Product Marketing Lead
    "This Summer Will Be Legendary"

@19:00

We're getting legendaries in Pokemon Go this summer

-Digi

RahnalH102BuddyJ

http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/anniversary2017

Trainers,

We’re celebrating two amazing milestones—Pokémon GO’s one-year anniversary and 750 million global downloads—and you’re invited to join in on the fun! Over the next few months, we’re hosting real-world and in-game events planned alongside some very exciting new features that will get you outside exploring the world with family and friends. Get ready for an action-packed couple of months!

To kick things off, we will be hosting the Solstice Event starting on June 13, 2017. This in-game event will feature Fire-type and Ice-type Pokémon, huge XP bonuses for throwing Poké Balls accurately, and discounted Lucky Eggs in the in-game shop. Soon thereafter, you can look forward to a new update focused on collaborative group gameplay features that will get you playing Pokémon GO in fun new ways. In preparation for these exciting features, we’ll be temporarily disabling Gyms for a short period of time.

We’re also excited to announce our first ever real-world Pokémon GO event coming your way: Pokémon GO Fest Chicago! This event will take place in downtown Chicago, Illinois, USA at the beautiful Grant Park on July 22, 2017. Join us as we celebrate the Pokémon GO community with a ton of exciting festivities. Tickets and more information for Pokémon GO Fest Chicago will be available at PokemonGoLive.com/Fest on Monday, June 19 at 10:00 A.M. PDT, so make sure to mark your calendars and follow our social media channels to be notified when tickets go live! European Trainers can look forward to Pokémon GO celebrations hosted across the continent from June through September in partnership with Unibail-Rodamco shopping centers. We'll be posting a complete schedule for these events very soon. Also, The Pokémon Company is organizing “Pikachu Outbreak”, a Pokémon event in Yokohama, Japan, in August where they’re exploring a unique Pokémon GO experience. Stay tuned for even more details surrounding each of these events in the coming weeks.

Keep an eye on PokemonGoLive.com and our Pokémon GO social media channels for the latest news and updates surrounding the exciting features and events coming your way. See you outside!

—The Pokémon GO team

Convince me that I'm crazy that I keep trying to come up with a way to fly to Chicago for a Pokemon event.

-Digi

RahnalH102
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

All gyms are now down as Niantic preps to give us the new gym/battle system that further encourages community and co-op play. GET HYPE SON.

3:00am Thursday, American Coney Island with Jimmy, Lynx, Kingpin, and Kelso. Wild Grimer.

Top 10, maybe top 5 memories for Pokemon Go.

-Digi

BuddyJ

Legendaries confirmed. First Legendary will be at GoFest tomorrow (7/22) and "if" the players there defeat it, they will be released world wide.

If I understand the announcements correctly, Legendary Raids will start Sunday 7/23 for the "millions of players around the world" but there is possibly a longer countdown that may last until days after Sunday. Also we don't know how we will acquire Legendary Raid passes yet.

Announcement

-Digi

GnomeQueen

Legendary raids use standard passes. Increased Legendary Raids per one of the bonuses unlocked at Go Fest, along with double XP, candy bonus (+3), 1/3 distance on eggs and buddies. From what I understand this will go until Monday night some time? Haven't really had a chance to sit down and look into details, just been playing.

Went Legendary hunting this morning with my local Facebook group. First Two raids, Articuno and Lugia, 2:2 caught. Amazing luck. Caught another Arti after a couple of runners. 3/5 so far today.

Will be headed back out with Sugar after I pick her up from work in a bit. Then lures and incense until I drop (or get kicked out of the Civic Center).

-Digi

ZanthianRahnalH102BuddyJ
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Lugia here at work gym. One group was able to take it down, but unaware of any successful catches so far. Was in 2 groups that failed to take down. Need to do some serious work with leveling up/evolving.

BobbyDigi

I can not express how much fun I have been having over the last week going out raiding with a local Facebook group. Coordinating meeting up with dozens of local trainers (sometimes >100) and raiding gyms. We share highs, sometimes players catching perfect legendary Lugias, and the lows, stories of 0-7 or even 0-11 for catches.

I've made friends through a video game again. The last video game that provided experiences like for me was TF2.

-Digi

primesuspectRahnalH102

Took down an Articuno at the RenCen during lunch but wasn't able to catch after. 0-2 so far.

• elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

I'm not able to participate in raids yet, but I was excited to hatch my first Pikachu yesterday. I ended up catching a second one today that has Ash's hat.

GnomeQueenRahnalH102

0-3 on legendaries. Killed Moltres, but couldn't catch.

This legendary Moltres made it into my arms tonight. 97% IVs. Feels good.

-Digi

ZanthianBuddyJprimesuspectRahnalH102

I took part in my first Legendary raid this week. Spotted a crowd around a Moltres gym and decided to join in. We beat Moltres but I didn't get the catch. Joining a random raid was interesting and exposed me to the community side of the game where people I guess have private chat groups and plan when and where to go raid. I can see where it would be fun if you had a cool group of friends to do it with. The crew I met, not so much. Pokemon Go with redneck dampens the fun.

BobbyDigi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Bobby, I've been out of the game for a year. How do you find out the IV of a Pokemon?

BobbyDigi

@primesuspect said:
    Bobby, I've been out of the game for a year. How do you find out the IV of a Pokemon?

I use an Android app called ToolKit for Pokemon Go because I like the more manual aspect of it. There is others that you can take a screenshot of a pokemon and it will calculate for you.

On the web I use https://pokeassistant.com/main/ivcalculator

Pokemon - Enter the name of the pokemon
    CP, HP - Obs
    Dust - How much Startdust does it take to currently power up the 'Mon?
    Powered - Have you powered this Pokemon up? (leave No if not sure)
    Att, Def, HP - Have your trainer appraise the 'Mon and check the boxes for what they say are the highest stats.
    Best - After your trainer tells you what the best stat is, they state a phrase that indicates the range of that stat. I really like this site for easy translation of your trainer appraisal.

PokeAssistant also has a refine button, if you get into a situation where, with the data given, it can not calculate the exact stats, you could power up the Pokemon and then enter the new info and press refine. To me that is a steep cost for these situations. I advise to just ignore it.

The basics of IVs is there are 3 stats, Attack, Defense, and HP. Each one is 0-15 for each individual Pokemon and they can never change. a 15/15/15 'Mon is considered Perfect or 100%. Percentage calculated X/45.

45/45 = 100%
    44/45 = 97%
    43/45 = 95%
    etc.

Here is an example of the Moltres above. My trainer says that Attack and HP are the highest and "WOW" regrading it's stats (meaning the highest stats are 15),

Always happy to talk Pokemon Go so feel free to shoot out any other questions any of ya have!

-Digi

edited August 2017
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

Finally caved and joined a team (at level 19 lol) because theres a Facebook group for the area I work in which goes after legendaries at the three gyms on this block. Caught my first today! I didnt know wtf I was doing at all, never battled anything, never read about raids. Somehow I survived and caught this Articuno with the first ball I threw :-O
    This was fun! Catching pokemon with random strangers ftw!

BobbyDigiprimesuspectBuddyJRahnalH102

It took me four raids, but I finally caught a Raikou and I'm pretty pleased with it

BobbyDigiGnomeQueenRahnalH102

Today SugarCheryl and I battle Mewtwo. We were lucky enough to receive EX Raid Passes for 7pm at Starbucks. Ash willing, we will catch Mewtwo.

I currently sit just 36 XP away from level 37 so the 20K I get from the raid will be ~ .8% of the 2.5 Million I'll need for level 38.

-Digi

primesuspectBuddyJmalia
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

@BobbyDigi !?!?!?!?!?! How did it go.

For me it went pretty well...

He's not the best IV but he's mine.

For Sugar, it did not go so well. There was a Trainer's Club outage and she couldn't log in during the first 35 min of the raid. By the time she could log in there were only 4 or 5 others who had not battled yet. We waited until 10 min left and they hopped in to give it a try. It wasn't enough. Shitty experience. We submitted our feedback to Niantic.

-Digi

primesuspectGnomeQueenRahnalH102Massalinie

That's awesome Digi! Except for your friend :-( There will be other chances for her, I'm sure!

I went to a raid and caught a perfect Snorlax today! :-D Now my best pokemon <3

BobbyDigi

@Massalinie said:
    friend

BobbyDigi

LOL I don't hang out on the forums enough to know things :laugh:

Gave me a chuckle :)