Icrontic Kegerator Expo 2017

MAGICMAGIC Doot DootFurniture City, Michigan Icrontian
edited May 2017 in Events

As most of you saw we're putting together a kegerator in time for Expo. This will continue to reside at ICHQ and be available for any event that the hosts would like to use it.

It will have two American sanke style and two ball lock couplers inside.

If you are a home brewer, mead, or cider maker and would like to contribute something for the weekend please let me know via PM.

As you can imagine there is a pretty large startup cost associated with this, so a good amount of the "Malty Pass" is going towards equipment this time around. We've already had a few generous donations to help with that. If you aren't attending Expo this time around but would like to donate, like to donate a little beyond the ticket, a small keg from your favorite local brewery, or home made boozy booze, let me know via PM.

This will be a great addition to ICHQ and hopefully help cut down on the waste we generate at these large events.

If you're attending Expo, please chime in here with your favorite styles of beers and or ciders you'd like to see.

WagsFTWLincprimesuspectRyanMMMassalinieGargGHoosdumBobbyDigiHumerusMegDontCallMeKelsoLevexUPSKingpin

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@MAGIC said:
    If you're attending Expo, please chime in here with your favorite styles of beers and or ciders you'd like to see.

The kind with the malt and the water and the yeast and the hops, please.

Srsly though, I'd love to see a nice mix. IPA, stout/porter, cider, and maybe a wheat ale or something super refreshing for that hot Michigan sun.

You know more about this stuff than I do - what would we have to do to secure some small kegs from local breweries? We've got a few options near ICHQ - Kuhnhenn, Motor City, perhaps Batch Brewing... hell, I think 8 degrees plato has small kegs available if I remember correctly. What would it take for us to get some of those to add to the mix?

I'd LOVE to bring some Alpha Acid beer from my local microbrewery spot (who's been making some really incredible stuff), but I have to imagine there's no real way of doing that if I can't drive it.

Linc
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2017

Not all breweries will sell kegs direct to consumer, but some will. Local distributors will know what is available at any given time. I'm planning to contact the local folks around detroit to see what they do.

LincBobbyDigiUPSLynx
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Stout. Stout stout stout. Stout stout. Vanilla stout, chocolate stout. Stout stout.

-Digi (Stout)

ThraxMAGICRyanMMGnomeQueen
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2017

If I can go to expo, I'll be driving, which means... someone smart (cough) anyone (cough) should find out if trillium sells kegs direct to consumers. And then get back to me if I go

MAGICRyanMM
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2017

@DontCallMeKelso Your mission is not complete until, one day, you have delivered a keg of Oktoberfest to me. *makes frantic grabbing hands in the air*

UPSLynxLevex
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@linc, if I'm still in the Boston area by ICOK, I will find a way to bring a keg of Oktoberfest to ICOK... if I drive to ICOK

@MAGIC @Linc what size kegs are we talking for this?

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2017

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    If I can go to expo, I'll be driving, which means... someone smart (cough) anyone (cough) should find out if trillium sells kegs direct to consumers. And then get back to me if I go

Dude, don't tease me. We'll be able to fit 1 half barrel plus three slim quarters or smaller at a time Scratch that, four slim quarters or smaller at a time. Most of the nicer stuff around here comes in 1/4 barrel or smaller.

• LevexLevex Animal Whisperer Iowa Icrontian

I mean I am driving from Iowa, if there's anything you want me to try to get now would be the time to make those requests so I can what I can get my hands on.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I may be able to procure something from Batch if so desired.

UPSLynxLinc

@RyanMM said:
    I may be able to procure something from Batch if so desired.

THIIIIIIIIS!

LevexRyanMMMAGIC
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Something I can drink all day long, like a bock.

MAGIC