Cookies/Brownies

SOFT BAKED BAGGED COOKIES = ??????

• StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

@Tushon said:

@GnomeQueen said:

@Stack said:
    Even vote right now

@primesuspect voted cookies, pretty sure his vote counts at least twice

While I'm leaving my vote for cheesecake up, this is really the easier thing. Cookies are delicious as long they are not the hard, dry abominations that overbaking gives.

Im not worried about bringing cheesecake. Anything I make will need at least a napkin if not a plate.

......a tie?

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Pie

I cast my pie vote towards cookie ;)

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Cheesecake

@primesuspect said:
    SOFT BAKED BAGGED COOKIES = ??????

lol hard pass

Cheesecake won, now to make a few! If anyone wants recipe input now is the time

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited June 2017
    Pie

How did it win I moved my vote to cookies ?

@Zanthian said:
    How did it win I moved my vote to cookies ?

No moving votes, cause then it opens that up to anyone moving votes

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    Cheesecake

@Stack said:
    Cheesecake won, now to make a few! If anyone wants recipe input now is the time

My only rules about cheesecake:

• No flour in the filling!
    • 1:1 ratio of eggs to 8oz cream cheese packets seems to me the perfect balance. Recipes that don't use this ratio tend to be inferior, IMO.
    • Crust must be made of graham crackers or a similar material. I recently had a Biscoff cookie for the first time and joked it would make a delicious cheesecake crust.

I highly recommend a water bath during baking for optimal texture and to prevent the eggs from curdling. My cheesecakes never came out "right" until I started doing that. It doesn't take much, 1/4" of water in a larger sheet pan with the baking pan set in that is all you need.

I'll also recommend blind-baking the crust for ~10 minutes to give it some firmness, especially if you're making it on the thicker side.

For ease of making this, don't feel some rigid need to make a round cheesecake. Get the biggest rectangular baking dishes you have so that you can whip out big batches. With a 13x9 pan, using a recipe that had 3 eggs and 24oz of cream cheese, I find you end up with a cheesecake about 3/4-1" high that comfortably serves 20-24 people a good size slice. You can make it thicker by scaling up the recipe and then everyone gets pieces that are smaller width and lengthwise, but there do need to be adjustments to the cooking time as you do that.

Cheesecake is dense, each ~2x2x1 slice is the caloric equivalent of twice the volume in cookies, so you could probably make enough cheesecake for everyone with plenty to spare with 2 4-egg 13x9 batches or 3 3-egg 13x9 batches.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Cheesecake

2x2x1 slice

Asceticism is en vogue, it seems.

malia
    Cheesecake

@Thrax said:

2x2x1 slice

Asceticism is en vogue, it seems.

It's Trump's America now, austerity begins at home.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2017
    Cookies/Brownies

@GHoosdum said:
    While your cheesecake rules sound delicious, my only rule about cheesecake is that it needs to get in my mouth right the hell now.

I concur!

Cheesecake

If anyone knows of any burn clinics in the area I am in dire need of one for some reason.

Ryder
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Cheesecake

:slow_clap:

RyanMM

So actual recipes?

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    Cheesecake

@Stack I can hook you up, what is your final choice?

edited June 2017
    Cheesecake

@Stack said:
    So actual recipes?

https://everything2.com/user/RyanMM/writeups/Cheesecake

I wrote that 14 years ago and it could use some slight tweaks and sweet lord could the writing douchiness be toned down...but the skeleton is very solid.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Cookies/Brownies

"For the past 4 years, I've strived to become something of a cheesecake connoisseur." ???

SodaThraxRyanMM

Lemme just be more specific with my meaning. I am going to make a regular cheesecake. Any other flavors does anyone want? Like chocolate, berry ect...

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Cheesecake

Cherry.

-Digi

StackSoda
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    Cookies/Brownies

@Stack said:
    Lemme just be more specific with my meaning. I am going to make a regular cheesecake. Any other flavors does anyone want? Like chocolate, berry ect...

Cookie ?

UPSLynxGnomeQueen
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    Cookies/Brownies

Can you make something like an Oreo sandwich cookie with cheesecake filling?

ChoochMassalinie

So its in its waterbath, first time using that method

RyanMM

RyanMM

sharkydartRyanMM