Missouri (2) : Part 2

aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politicoIndianapolis, IN Icrontian

Hey guys!

My mother and I are going to Kansas City again!

We'll be leaving Indianapolis and arriving in KC at 9:15am (I believe that's in EDT so I'm thinking it'll be 8:15 when we land.) on Sunday, July 9th and leaving for Indy at 4:55pm on Thursday, July 13th.

I have only one thing on my personal agenda and that is to spend a day at the National WWI Museum again, seeing as I felt I wasn't able to spend a lot of time there last time. Other than that, my schedule's free, so I hope to see @winfr3y , @Koreish , and maybe @TiberiusLazarus again while I'm there.

Seeing as I have a smartphone now, expect a lot more photos, and maybe videos, than last time.

I look forward to the adventure ahead!

SonorousprimesuspectWinfreyMassalinieMAGIC

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Get some of the good BBQ I wasn't able to get!

BuddyJmertesnFarge
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Get some of the good BBQ I wasn't able to get!

Hopefully I'll be able to this time around.

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

I will be @ camp unfortunately so I won't get to hang out. Enjoy the sights and sounds! Have fun!

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

The WWI museum was the only thing @Farge and I had time to do while we were there. Worth the trip.

Farge
    edited July 2017

Landed

Just landed in Kansas City

Note: Thanks YouTube App for choosing THAT as the thumbnail!!!

primesuspectMAGIC

Eating at 54th Street Grill and found a beer I know you guys will like!

BobbyDigiSonorousCreeperbane2primesuspect

End of Day One

primesuspect
    edited July 2017

I'll start Day Two with a small rant:

YAY! I GET TO COME TO KANSAS CITY WHEN ITS IN THE MIDDLE OF A GODDAMN HEAT ADVISORY FOR MOST OF THE TIME I'M HERE!!!!

Day Two

We were going to go to the nature center but found out they were closed on Mondays, so we ended up going to Country Club Plaza ("The Plaza").

Change of plans. We didn't stay long at The Plaza due to some issues popping up at home. Don't know if we'll be back later.

Update: Everything has been taken care of and we're heading back to The Plaza.

So after going back to the house and me taking a nap for a few hours, we went to a place called Habeñero's, where I had my first Tecate.

It sucked ass.

Sonorous
    edited July 2017

Now we have ended up going to Andy's Frozen Custard for dessert!

Currently having a Triple Chocolate Jackhammer with Peanut Butter center.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

Holy shit that Tecate comment got me laughing. ?

Glad you're enjoying your travels

??

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

TECATE IS AWESOME IT'S MY FAVORITE CHEAP BEER YOU TAKE THAT BACK

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Holy Moly I want a Triple Chocolate Jackhammer with Peanut Butter center!

-Digi

@primesuspect said:

The problem I find with most of the Mexican beers I've had is that they are really salty for my taste, and the lime doesn't help. Corona is the same way. However, I had no problem with Dos Equis, and have yet to try Modelo and Negra Modelo.

Before I continue, I want to apologize for the lack of "End of Day" video last night. A friend of mine started streaming and I ended up watching his stream until I got very tired. Again. I apologize.

edited July 2017

Day Three

Today we are at Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun. My mother, her friend, and her friend's daughter are all waterside while I sit at the Caribou Coffee at Worlds of Fun writing this entry.

"So Oceans of Fun has a surf shop run by a smartass robotic klepto? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!"

"Who remembers this game being a staple of arcades back in the day?"

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

@aspieRommel said:

@primesuspect said:

The problem I find with most of the Mexican beers I've had is that they are really salty for my taste, and the lime doesn't help. Corona is the same way. However, I had no problem with Dos Equis, and have yet to try Modelo and Negra Modelo.

Don't say salty for your taste, or that is sure to open a can of worms you cannot swallow! People's minds around here, I don't know what they are thinking. :crazy:

I think you would like the Negra Modelo if you like medium dark beers.

Day 3 update in 3 parts.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

And the current temp is 95*, but the index...

Day Four

The day I have been waiting for the most! I get to spend part of my day at the National WWI Museum....ALONE! Then I might be going around to some antique stores to see what I can find. Hopefully, I can be able to swing by a Vintage Stock store and pick up a game that I've been wanting for so long. The day looks good for me!

primesuspectBobbyDigiSonorousWagsFTW

My most favorite place to go to in Kansas City!!!

WagsFTW

Note: The pic above is HOURS old (I didn't just get there.) and the uploads of pics and vids will be off a bit.

Now I want to make a note of the vid of me at Union Station. Aside from wanting to go there just to say I've been there, there was another reason I wanted to be there.

As some of you may know, I have a soft spot for what I like to call "Gangland history". (Being from the land of America's first Public Enemy #1, it's a given.) Union Station plays a key part in that history, noting that an infamous gangster was possibly involved in the most infamous event on Union Station grounds:

The Kansas City Massacre.

For those wondering what I'm talking about, here's the Wiki article on it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_massacre

My goal was to get a video of me on the exact spot where the shootout (also known as the Union Station Massacre) took place, seeing as the 84th anniversary of the event is coming up, but I wasn't able to....this time. Hopefully I will be able to next time I come back.

But I want to mention their openness in acknowledging the event happened there. In contrast, at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, tour guides are usually discouraged from talking about the deaths that happened throughout the track's history. With Union Station, however, they openly acknowledge the event, even reenacting it for their "Living History" program and app. Hell, while I was there, I noticed a man wearing a pinstripe suit and fedora (or panama, I get the two confused) who I had an assumption that he had something to do with the anniversary. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to ask. I just find it refreshing that Union Station has a more "Yeah, it happened," attitude in regards to an infamous event rather than try to distance itself from it. And that is why I hope to go back there the next time I come to Kansas City.

WagsFTWprimesuspect

Home

Hey guys. I want to apologize for this post being so late. Had a few things that distracted me for the past few days (seems to be one of my flaws) and I never got around to making this post until now.

Anyway, our flight back home was delayed about an hour due to routine maintenance. Luckily that gave us enough time for me and mom to try one of the airport restaurants. We went to a restaurant called "Pork & Pickle" (anticipating usual Icrontic jokes now) and ate there. The food was actually pretty good and would love to eat there again. The only problem was that is was CROWDED! Then again, what do you expect from an airport restaurant.

We managed to catch our flight and proceeded to head home. We landed in Indianapolis just after a storm rolled through so it was weird and cool to see something like that from the air. (Pics and video to come.)

primesuspect