The Keto diet

15678911»

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

So I've been reasonably quiet about it, but the wife and I went all in on keto again this Spring. I take a day (or week in the case of Expo and my vacation) off now and then to get my fix of the stuff I miss (beer, mostly), but jump right back into the routine without fail.

Since the end of March I'm down 40lb and still rolling downward. I think I've found a groove that makes it sustainable for me, and I don't think I'll be looking back.

BlackHawkRyanMM
  • WattyzWattyz Michigan Icrontian

Nice Job Alex! I'm down 12 in the past 3 weeks, but took a break for a couple of days for my birthday. I'll be back on it tomorrow. :)

RyanMM
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Anyone have any resources for doing keto on a shoestring budget? I've done it before with relative success, but I always have to stop due to monetary reasons. Usually because I didn't have enough money to diversify my meal selection.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Another interesting article - this time on the link between keto and epilepsy and migraines.

http://bloomsmag.com/less-carbs-more-fat-ketogenic-diet-makes-migraine-patients-headaches-disappear/

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Hmm.

• BlueTattooBlueTattoo Boatbuilder Houston, TX Icrontian

@BlackHawk said:
    Anyone have any resources for doing keto on a shoestring budget?

Squirrel?

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Probably not enough fat. Along that line, stay away from rabbit, as well.

It's all about the piggies :)

RyanMM
  • WattyzWattyz Michigan Icrontian

@BlackHawk said:
    Anyone have any resources for doing keto on a shoestring budget? I've done it before with relative success, but I always have to stop due to monetary reasons. Usually because I didn't have enough money to diversify my meal selection.

https://www.ketoconnect.net/keto-budget/ as @Thrax posted. I get lots of stuff from Aldi if you have one nearby.

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Thanks for the links guys. I'll probably also have to do some meal planning. Double the amount of food prep I'll have to do, but maybe it'll save me some money.