Civ V - Xenophobia [complete]

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Also my spies report that we have completely eclipsed them in technology so they do not have nuclear fission yet. They are building paratroopers though and the Dutch can push out a battleship every turn.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@CrazyJoe said:
    So should my bombers focus on taking out the battleships attacking me or do you need help defending your city, @GHoosdum?

I feel like @GHoosdum will be in trouble soon with those five battleships off the coast. The only thing I've got that can touch them is one severely injured bomber.

I took out one AA gun that was going to park on the tiny island off his coast. That would have hurt us. I severely damaged one sub off my coast. I have another sub coming in 2 turns and @Gargoyle I asked you for some money to build another. If I can clear out my harbor, my bombers can take out the naval force that's attacking @GHoosdum. Three turns until we have the research for the bomb, and then a few more to build it. Then we make the oceans glow. Once we can actually get some units out into the sea we can start working on making their cities glow.

Garg
  • It's to the point where I am sacrificing land units in hopes that they use their battle ships to foolishly shoot my land units instead of @GHoosdum's city because focused battleships + the ironclad will kill it. They also positioned the worker unit in his harbor so that he can not build new ships. These are pretty sad times. Please get your uranium trades in with @CB asap. @CrazyJoe you're in a bad spot also. This is going to be close but I fear we don't have enough time to get our savior nukes in. 3 turns + 2-3 turns to build them. The siege will probably see our coastal cities dead before then.

Garg

I got skipped? Someone could have reminded me it was my turn in the last week before we turned the timer back on...

There isn't a desktop client for Linux, so if I don't see the email, I don't take my turn. I usually check if it's been a few days, but I guess I didn't, this time.

edited September 2017

Rob is traveling so I messaged the player who's currently up to see if he could revert the turn back to you.

Thanks. If he can't, it's no big deal. My Civ can only do so much right now.

@Gargoyle It has been reverted. It's your turn now.

Garg

Welp, this is bad.

On the bright side, I got my general down to my uranium, and now I have a ton of it due to Russia's perk. I offered some to @CrazyJoe since it didn't look like he had any.

So what happens to a boat that you use to capture a city like that? Since it usually would stay in the city tile, but in this case the city gets razed, does it just die since it can't exist on land, or does it get kicked out to the ocean?

So we get the bomb in one more turn. Two turns to build it. It'll probably take them that long to get their boats in position to attack me, so we'll have a nasty surprise waiting for them. My spies report they have no techs to steal so they still don't have it. I killed two of their spies trying to steal from us. Let the seas glow!!

Garg
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2017

Sorry I got dead, guys. I am surprised it took them this long to take me out. Ironically, I had been skipped so originally the AI took my last turn, but the next guy suggested a revert. I guess that's nice?

Anyway, I've taken cities with melee boats this way before, and seen them sometimes sit on the city tile until I move it next turn, sometimes get kicked to an adjacent tile, and sometimes get kicked somewhere random. It's weird.

Also, good luck you guys. I hope you bomb them to pieces.

Forgot to say, RIP @GHoosdum. We'll avenge you!

@CrazyJoe said:
    So what happens to a boat that you use to capture a city like that? Since it usually would stay in the city tile, but in this case the city gets razed, does it just die since it can't exist on land, or does it get kicked out to the ocean?

Good question. Since I don't see an ironclad or destroyer, I'm guessing they lost it. Small consolation, though.

I will have a bomb in two turns!! We can't see the interior of their continent, but from what we can see it seems like they only have two Uranium, so they can only build one bomb at a time. I see several of us are building one. Let's do this!! I can pump one out every two turns.

Garg
  • Korea has 8 UR. Only way we win is if we can make a run for xcom units, we have no chance at sea control. It will require a ton of luck.

edited October 2017

I'll have a bomb next turn. If I can get some gold I can buy a carrier and then put the bomb on it. I would sacrifice the carrier, but I could get it out there far enough to bomb the Mongols. That'd put a crimp in their style. Also, CB can you upgrade your plane so that it has a farther range and might be able to cover part of my territory. They're pushing hard for me, so any and all anti-air units that can cover my city would be helpful.

PirateNinja
  • My last turn got skipped, pretty sure I never got a notification. Ah well. Sucky thing is I was about to finish the AL mine and send it to Joe and hopefully the AI didn't switch me off what I was producing.

Byw, they have the bomb now too.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

@CrazyJoe said:
    Also, CB can you upgrade your plane so that it has a farther range and might be able to cover part of my territory. They're pushing hard for me, so any and all anti-air units that can cover my city would be helpful.

I have -1 oil right now, so not unless someone gives me 2 oil.

You can't upgrade units you already have without the resource?

• I'm losing the oil I had for us for at least a few turns. Korea is going to nuke garg in 2 turns.

:(

I think I get the bomb next turn. Do they have a carrier in sight? 'Cuz I can light it up.

• That's a nice carrier you got there. Be a shame if something happened to it...

Garg

I also have a bomb next turn.

It will be a silent Spring!

Dang, I've got no visibility in the ocean. I get so anxious being landlocked. It's too quiet on the western front.

Turns out it's still 2 more turns before I get my bomb, anyway.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

@CrazyJoe said:
    You can't upgrade units you already have without the resource?

The current unit does not require oil, and the upgrade does, so, yes, I have to have the oil to do the upgrade.

So what do you think I should do with my bomb? Should I use it to take out some of the units attacking me, or should I put it on a carrier and send it towards the enemy?

@CrazyJoe said:
    So what do you think I should do with my bomb? Should I use it to take out some of the units attacking me, or should I put it on a carrier and send it towards the enemy?

I think if the carrier can survive long enough to get in range of their cities, go for it. But do you have enough cover against subs and planes?

@Gargoyle said:

@CrazyJoe said:

I think if the carrier can survive long enough to get in range of their cities, go for it. But do you have enough cover against subs and planes?

Probably not, so I probably need to use my first nuke to take out the carrier that is coming around the northern part of the continent.

Garg