DESERT BUS FOR HOPE 11: WE STILL DOIN THIS SO GET IN HERE

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited November 2017 in Gaming

You thought it would end at 10?

you were a fool.

The ELEVENTH Desert Bus for Hope kicks off this Friday, November 17th at 10AM PDT, and we about to raise so much effing money for charity whether you like it or not. By now, you know the drill. But if somehow you a total scrub, let mah boi Graham give you the low key diss:

Get in here and donate. Challenge these fools to do dumb things or talk some smack about fellow Icrontians. Drink. Watch. Laugh. Get banned for hating on Dix. Make a new account and get banned again. See if you can break Graham.

But seriously, look what happens when you break Graham, courtesy of @cola

Did they fix that little loophole of impropriety? ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT.

So grab your wallet, grab some brews or whisk, join us on Twitch (or if you got gud, join us on @UPSKingpin dope AF dashboard here: http://www.whaledong.com/ (And that's a legit website. If you don't know, NOW YOU KNOW. DESERT BUS IS AN EFFING PARTY, BRO!)) and get ready to watch a room full of people torture themselves for a week straight. All for the children!

Want to win a thing? Check out the list here: https://desertbus.org/prizes

Want to donate just because? Do the deed here: https://desertbus.org/donate

Want to get banned? Talk smack about Dix and/or Liz!

Want to pick a waifu? Well too late, because if you know, you know.

I just bought a bottle of whiskey tonight. I'll be damned if it survives to day two. Do you have that kind of resolve? I've been bussin' for eleven years. I was bussin' before your mamma was born. I was bussin' before and after @Canti invented MSPaint. Come at me. Get on the discord channel and GIT GUD.

Previous threads:
Desert Bus 3
Desert Bus 4
Desert Bus 5
Desert Bus 6
Desert Bus 8
Desert Bus 9
Desert Bus 10

Whale Dong everybody. Dix sux.

Also reposting this masterpiece so people nevar forget.

Cliff_ForsterCantiBobbyDigicolaChoochMassalinie

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Also, RIP Tally and Jer :(

colaCanti

Reposting this from last year - bold predictions made for this year's Desert Bus:

1. I'll be as dlunk out as I am right now.
    2. Tally and Jer will have a kid, and they'll make a brief appearance on DB11 and that'll be it.
    3. Jer is sterile so no kid (@UPSkingpin wisdom)
    4. Tally is a man (@canti said that. he's wrong but I have to write it down for record keeping)
    5. Bright still gonna talk smack about best time zone.
    Cantibright
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

I wonder if I'll win something again this year

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited November 2017

My prediction: I'll finally start liking Desert Bus and I'll eagerly watch the stream all week with Bobby!

jk I'm a desert bus widow, who wants to hang out next week

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

"Tali is ugly as fuck!" -UPSHitman

UPSLynx
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2017

DB11 test streams

15 hours to launch, Leelee still a cute.

UPSLynx

There's now a discord voice channel: "Dessert Bust for Nope".

You know where to find me tomorrow morning.

CantiTiberiusLazarus
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

Well gents, I'll be missing opening day but this weekend is a go.

Canti
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

RealTalk - What's the appeal here? @UPSLynx why do you love this soooo much? I've tried to watch in previous years only briefly and it didn't really do anything for me. What am I missing that sets this telethon above your annual PBS pledge drive?

GnomeQueenCB

@BuddyJ said:
    RealTalk - What's the appeal here? @UPSLynx why do you love this soooo much? I've tried to watch in previous years only briefly and it didn't really do anything for me. What am I missing that sets this telethon above your annual PBS pledge drive?

I dunno man, there's no secret sauce to enjoying this. You like it or you don't. Tons of people go nuts and watch the Awesome Games Done Quick charity fundraiser for a week long and have a blast doing it. I personally don't enjoy that one at all, and would much rather watch a comedy group do Desert Bus. Different strokes I suppose.

I guess the main point for me is that this isn't actually about Desert Bus. The game doesn't matter one bit. I don't even watch the gameplay. For me, the appealing and entertaining hook for DB For Hope is the live fishbowl of people that spend a week doing improv, silly dances, competitions, and everything in between for a giant charity drive.

It probably helps that I'm a fan of Loading Ready Run in general (the comedy group that runs DB for hope). I was fans of them before the first DB, and it was a large part of why I tuned in that first year. But knowing LRR isn't a prerequisite to enjoy this, especially considering a vast majority of the Icrontians that participate in DBfH each year didn't know anything about LRR before they got into the stream.

I will admit, however, that after all these years, there is a large amount of "culture" that's grown over the years. In-jokes, terminology, traditions and all that. If you know, you love it. If you don't, you might be confused by some of it.

What I truly love about it is that it's interactive. You can donate money and challenge the people to do things on the live stream. You can win super dope things in live auctions. There's a certain cultural zeitgeist that goes along with the whole thing, and you get to be a part of it. That's pretty sweet if you ask me. All the while you're raising money for a legit good cause.

GargBuddyJ
    edited November 2017

I watch it for the plot.

UPSLynxcolaBuddyJMassalinie
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian

@Canti said:
    I watch it for the plot.

Why does that one chick look SO much like @GnomeQueen ?

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

So where is everyone? I'm sat in discord watching Bus playing Battlefront and ain't no one around. Ya'll actually bus'n or just saying you are?

Andrew's first time driving, and he picks the best worst name

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

"We don't know who keeps doing this" .... BS

@primesuspect said:

They probably only know him as eatadickclown

I've had to change my donor account multiple times due to getting banned

edited November 2017

@primesuspect said:

The key is that they don't know that Cola and I know each other. I claim deniability every time it happens, they think people are just punking me, especially since Cola has like 12 different user names.

edited November 2017

Largest zeta shift auction just happened and it was insane. This live auction went on for like 10+ minutes and ended up at $6,665.

UPSLynx

omg that Alex intro. Incredible.

@UPSLynx I decided to have a look through the official youtube channel for Desert Bus, they actually have the official videos for both of your last 2 small time callouts uploaded to the channel for all the rewatch

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    @UPSLynx I decided to have a look through the official youtube channel for Desert Bus, they actually have the official videos for both of your last 2 small time callouts uploaded to the channel for all the rewatch

post em!

That time I dropped a $2,305 bid just to get the rush of feeling alive.