Pokemon GO

Comments

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2017

Just caught this guy from my house! Thought about trying to chase down one on the radar, but didn't have to.

primesuspectBobbyDigi
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Yup! Nicole and I got ours last night; we witnessed several people driving strangely and realized they were all circling a block trying to get Farfetch'd lol

GargGnomeQueenBobbyDigi
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian

I don't have a single nest within walking distance of my house. I don't even live that far away from the city!

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Day 1 Ho-oh

-Digi

BuddyJ
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

How many tries before you caught it? And what's the CP?

He's 2189

Made it in on the second group at the only one that popped nearby yesterday. I think I caught him on the 5th or 6th ball.

Sugar's is 2209.

-Digi

BuddyJMassalinie
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

A friend caught mine for me while I was in a meeting on Tues hehe, only 2162 but hoping for more in the next few weeks. 2209 is SWEET!
    Apparently 17k XP on Ho-oh raids now! :-O

BobbyDigiBuddyJ

50 new Gen 3 Pokemon and Weather Effects are coming!

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet

BobbyDigi

Gen 3 is Live! (50 new 'mon)

-Digi

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Since I had some good freetime today, I tried a dedicated adventure around town. Here are my thoughts about that.

• I'm somewhat certain that a member or members of Team Instinct in this area are using the proxy exploits or whatever you call it to go to every gym in town from home. Could only hold a gym for like 3 minutes before my one pokemon got destroyed and the gym filled with a full team with what appeared to be no one else in the area. :l
    • Doesn't appear to be many Gen 3 Pokemon around here at the moment. I've seen 5 different new species so far. Still get Duskull and Sableye here so brings it up to 7. Kinda underwhelming but I think that might just be due to the new weather system.
    • On that note, I like the new weather system despite the possible flaws with it so far. We get clear weather here the vast majority of the time, so I'm seeing a lot more grass and fire types. Some of my favorites.
    • Finally got to take part in some raids and I'm fairly certain that I'll never be able to catch a legendary in this town due to the lack of people. I'm happy for the lower ranks of raids that I can solo or do with just a couple friends.

Not the best experience but I had fun overall.

BobbyDigi
    edited January 2018

When rain gets you to go outside

GargBobbyDigi

Niiice. I'm still epic-less. Finding raids in my area is tough. Also holy cow you have a lot of stardust!

BobbyDigiMassalinie

Next Pokemon Go Community day is February 24th

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Dratini!!!! Holy Dragonites! if Dratini spawns like Pakachu did, that is going to be a good day!

3 hour lures and 3x stardust from catches.

-Digi

BuddyJMassalinie

I've only been in Europe for two days, but the trip is basically complete now.

@BobbyDigi said:
    Next Pokemon Go Community day is February 24th

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

Dratini!!!! Holy Dragonites! if Dratini spawns like Pakachu did, that is going to be a good day!

3 hour lures and 3x stardust from catches.

-Digi

This was happening while I was on the way to the airport, so I didn't have much time to catch dratini, but I did manage to get a shiny! It's only about 50% IVs, so the question is whether I use the candies I've got to turn it into a green dragon or I take one with better IVs into a more boring but stronger orangey one.

BuddyJ

Jelly! Mime is the only Gen1 Pokemon that has not made his way to SoCal (and therefore into my Pokedex). Congrats on that!

As the for the Dragonite, If you only have enough candy to evolve one...

If the shiny has a 15 Attack, or maybe even 14 attack, go with it. At that level the cool factor is enough to make up for the couple more seconds a battle is going to take when you use him.

If you have a perfect (or close to perfect at least with 15 attack) evolve that one.

Unfortunately you missed out on Draco Meteor (the event specific charge move) so that is not a consideration. No matter what you decide, get some TMs and make him Dragon Tail / Outrage.

I would love to discuss any and all of this with you if you have any further questions. Maybe we can setup a time to Discord and chat. As for tonight, there are Party Hat Pikachu to be caught so I may not be available until much later... though if you are still in Europe, that may work out?

On a side note: Rumors on the Internets say Bulbasaur is our next community day focus.

-Digi

Garg

Ahhh maaaan

Since I don't know anyone around here that plays, I hardly every raid unless I solo a Magikarp. On the way to work today, there was a Rayquaza raid I gambled on, and it turned out there was already a dozen people in the lobby, so I tagged along. But, I only get 6 balls to try to capture him with. Apparently, it's really hard to throw Pokeballs far enough when your hands and phone are really cold in below freezing wind. I whiffed on 5 out of 6 tries, and he escaped the 6th. sadtrombone

BuddyJ
    edited March 2018

Awwww yisssssss

BobbyDigi

Congrats!!!!!!

Mewtwo Beast!

-Digi

Massalinie
  • TweakDragonTweakDragon Sitting In The Sweater That Hug Me Pottstown, PA Member

How do you guys get all these special and rare Pokémon

A lot of cool Pokemon, including all Legendaries, are available through raids. Mewtwo is via an EX Raid you have to be invited to. Some of the 'Mon in this thread are region specific and can only be caught in certain countries.

-Digi

• TweakDragonTweakDragon Sitting In The Sweater That Hug Me Pottstown, PA Member

Oh cause I do the events but miss a lot of the raids cause I can only do the solo raids

What’s the math on him to max out

First.

-Digi

GargBuddyJmaliaprimesuspect
  • Its fascinating how 2 years later Pokemon GO community is still strong.

BobbyDigiMassalinie

Congrats! Is it your first?

-Digi

TweakDragon