Expo 2018: Pre-Announcement

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited May 2018 in Events

It's that time of year when it's time to start talking about Expo!

This is our 15th annual event, and it will be 20-24 June, 2018. We suggest getting into town the afternoon of Wed, June 20 or the morning of Thu, June 21. No events are scheduled past midnight on Sat, June 23. Please depart no later than Monday, June 25 unless you clear it with Lincoln.

• Read about our accommodations available & event details.
  • I'll be reaching out to last year's coordinators to confirm they're interested in helping again.
  • We have a theme, and the logo is underway. :ninja:
  • We have two new featured events already planned. The schedule pace will be similar to last year.
  • We've already started receiving prizes for the prize table. If you have something you'd like to discuss contributing, reach out to Brian or I.
  • We're establishing an official code of conduct for events so that new folks know what to expect and who to talk to if they have a bad experience.
  • Tickets will go on sale in mid-May, slightly later than last year. They will be similarly structured & priced to last year.

This is THE BEST event to invite a friend to Icrontic, so start telling folks about it NOW so they have time to make plans. Feel free to connect them with Brian or I.

As ever, let us know if you have questions!

BobbyDigiDontCallMeKelsoQCHGargGHoosdumHeroMAGICRyderTushonLevex

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Awesome! I can't wait to have some stupid shit come my way, preventing me from attending, as always!

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I may be in Los Angeles that week. I'm trying to make sure the scheduling allows for it.

But the 3-time duct-tape champion team may be short an engineer this year :(

Garg
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Can't wait.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Kwitko said:
    Awesome! I can't wait to have some stupid shit come my way, preventing me from attending, as always!

At some point, after like.... ten years... you just have to stop pretending you're coming ?

AlexDeGruvenThraxUPSLynx
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

@primesuspect said:

@Kwitko said:

At some point, after like.... ten years... you just have to stop pretending you're coming ?

Last time Seth was there, I think I was there. Maybe that's how we fix this.

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:
    I may be in Los Angeles that week. I'm trying to make sure the scheduling allows for it.

But the 3-time duct-tape champion team may be short an engineer this year :(

Damn it!

AlexDeGruven
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

>

Why don't you go run backwards, naked, through a field of dicks?

primesuspect
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited February 2018

@Kwitko said:

Maybe I just need to visit you and engage in some Margaritas and Manhattan burnouts in a 700hp car.

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

@MiracleManS said:

@primesuspect said:

@Kwitko said:

Last time Seth was there, I think I was there. Maybe that's how we fix this.

You may be onto something. I think that was when I was there as well as @Shorty and @TheLostSwede.

@Mt_Goat said:
    Maybe I just need to visit you and engage in some Margaritas and Manhattan burnouts in a 700hp car.

I am okay with this.

@Linc said:

@Kwitko said:
    Why don't you go run backwards, naked, through a field of dicks?

>

Don’t threaten us with a good time.

For some of you this is fun. For others, it's also fun but they just don't know it yet.

Mt_Goat
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian

I can't wait to say I'm coming, and then go on a work trip last minute!!

• aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited February 2018

@pseudonym said:
    I can't wait to say I'm coming, and then go to Road America, Sebring, Laguna Seca, Daytona, Watkins Glen, etc. last minute!!

FTFY

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Yep, I'm out this time around.

Sorry, team.

GnomeQueenGargMassalinie
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Sheesh, guys...

Well. I'll be there. I have my plane tickets already and everything. :D

I'll be flying in to Cincy and carpooling/caravaning with those guys instead of flying into Detroit this year, though.

GHoosdum
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2018

@primesuspect said:

@Kwitko said:

I'm attending this year. No, really. I'm not even joking. Even if I get a new job, I told them I already had plans for an end-of-June getaway. @primesuspect, stop rolling your eyes. St-- @Thrax, stop laughing! This isn't funny!

Garg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

CBMAGIC
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

flights are booked, where's the travel thread?

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Tushon said:

Where’s the buy ticket link?

Massalinie

@Tushon said:

here

@Linc said:
    The schedule and tickets will be up in the next 4-9 days.

:wtf::shake:

MAGIC

There were several critical holes in information required to finish the plan.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Sorry about my hole, @Linc

Massalinie

That's what she said.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I may need to crash at the house on Thursday; are we doing an accommodation thread this year?

@Massalinie said:
    I may need to crash at the house on Thursday; are we doing an accommodation thread this year?

Yes, I renamed the Travel thread to be for both: https://icrontic.com/discussion/101051/expo-2018-travel-plans-accommodations/p1?new=1

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Travel thread was linked above ;)

@mertesn said:

@Tushon said:

here