What is Icrontic playing? Summer 2018 edition

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited May 2018 in Gaming

Time to dust off the "what's everybody playing lately" thread for Summer 2018.

• I am still a mostly-every-day WoW player. The guild is in "skeleton crew" mode as most people have wandered off due to expansion fatigue and a few of us have to hold the fort so that when people return for the new expansion they have a guild to come home to... You're welcome.
  • I play Bloons TD5 on my phone for at least 20 minutes a day, every day. Sometimes more. I have hundreds of hours, and today Black Hawk just told me that Bloons TD6 is coming soon.
  • I bought Final Fantasy Tactics for Android and have been reveling in the nostalgia... as well as truly appreciating just how excellently crafted this game is. It's a masterpiece
  • I think I am finally, finally done with Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It was a perfect game. One of the best I've ever played. Period.
  • Pokemon Go every day
  • I've really been enjoying Warstone TD on Steam. I'm just a sap for cartoony tower defense
  • I just finished a super retro-homage old school 8-bit CRPG (top-down like the old Ultima or Gold Box D&D games) called Dungeons of Chaos on Android. Super good, but you probably have to be over 40 to enjoy it.
  • I am at the end of I Am Setsuna on NIntendo Switch. Just need probably another 4-5 hours to beat it.

What are you playing?

BobbyDigi

Comments

• Farcry 5
    • Fortnite
  • FargeFarge Icrontian
    • I still play Fire Emblem Heroes every day.
    • Been playing a lot of GTA 5 lately, dragging a few other people back into the game and actually managing to complete a heist for the first time in ages. (still haven't finished most of them)
    • PUBG whenever I am invited, though I don't often play it of my own volition.
    • Stellaris whenever I have time, which is not often
    • Golf With Friends whenever it comes up. Glad I finally got that.

Not a super long list of things, but they fill my gaming time quite nicely.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

Destiny 2
    Farcry 5
    Guild Wars 2

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Mobile: Still playing Futurama: Game of Drones. I finished the 750 normal levels, and now I'm working my way through "hard mode". Basically, the same levels, but at least 3-star level of score in regular mode in order to advance.

PC: Finally finished Borderlands 2 earlier this year. Stocking up on sidequests and leveling up so I can hit some of the DLC with good firepower

Console: I'm going for 100% completion on Forza 6 after finishing the main "campaign"

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

I'm not playing a damn thing of significance. Depression or just apathy, I don't feel like I can invest any time in a game. I haven't finished a whole game in years.

Gonna try and force myself to play FarCry 5 or Deus Ex:Mankind Divided.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GFD/

Cliff_ForsterRahnalH102
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Battletech
    Kerbal Space Program

• @BlackHawk said:
    I'm not playing a damn thing of significance. Depression or just apathy, I don't feel like I can invest any time in a game. I haven't finished a whole game in years.

Gonna try and force myself to play FarCry 5 or Deus Ex:Mankind Divided.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GFD/

Your gamer identity may be changing. For me, playing through a campaign does not quite hold the interest for me that it once did. I prefer quick experiences. A round of Overwatch is a fifteen minute investment. Maybe a level of an old school shoot em up. A couple rounds of a fighting game... I still love gaming but most of the long single player campaigns that I own are not getting played, and I've come to peace with that.

I can't wait to get my hands on the Street Fighter 30th anniversary collection. I'll play it super casual, just for nostalgia kicks here and there.

If I can recommend a little casual gem, get Fire Pro Wrestling World. It's a guilty pleasure for me right now.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2018

Obligatory "@UPSLynx's mom is what I'm playing" joke.

Played some Sea of Thieves, new content just came out, probably gonna get back into it
    Had been playing Eco with @RyanFodder and @Sonorous
    PUBG once in a blue moon
    Overwatch once in an even bluer moon
    Star Trek Bridge Crew

But I've found myself in a spot where there's nothing I truly want to sit down and play constantly right now. I'm looking forward to Battlefield V, but there's not a lot else.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

pigflipper
  • RequitRequit That one guy Somewhere over there, I don't know Icrontian

Just finished Shadow of Mordor, fun game. Assassin's Creed: Saruman Styles.

Deep Space Galactic, fantastic 4 person co-op game. Combines the novelty of starting a new Minecraft map with all the run and gun fun of L4D.

Now that Stardew Valley has their multiplayer expansion out, it's time to dust it off.

Crypt of the Necrodancer. I'm too white to dance but still have rhythm, this hits the spot.

GTA V and Stellaris continue to be general time-sinks.

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian

Battletech.
    Great fun turn based mech fites — so hype for the planned DLC/xpac's

Plan to revisit:

Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock (when I pickup the new Broken Alliance DLC)
    Bloody good turn-based spess combat which nailed the BSG vibe.

Space Hulk: Deathwing
    "enhanced edition" just dropped as a freebie for PC players — ?might work now...

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Lots of Overwatch.

Rocket League.

Started Rise of the Tomb Raider, but struggling to get invested.

Had 60 hours in Mass Effect: Andromeda until I discovered a game-breaking bug that ruined all my saves.

Want to be playing a lot more Civ6 and Stellaris.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

Destiny 2 (PS4)
    God of War
    GTA V
    PUBG
    Overwatch
    Fortnite (when I'm bored)
    Just picked up SoulWorker

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Overwatch for usually at least enough to get my crates from the Arcade. I prefer some ofthe Arcade modes ofver the 'real' game, and played a lot during the 6v6 elim. season, since that's my favorite mode.
    Just finished AC: Syndicate, and giving the series a breather with some smaller games before I dive into Origin.
    The Mitey Worriers are about to replay Borderlands 2.

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Kingdom of Loathing every day. Playing most of my games on Android.

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Battletech

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    • Rocket League
    • Overwatch
    • PUBG when invited
    • BATTLETECH
    • NIER AUTO thing, slowly
    • Darksouls Remastered
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2018

Just finished Pillars of Eternity II. Was even better than the first one (which was awesome) and will definitely replay again.

About to start Fallout 4 finally. I tried to start it once and it's been on my to play list for a long time now, but something else has always popped up and grabbed my attention.

I play Through the Ages through Steam when I want something quicker, and I still mess around from time to time in Civ 6.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I've been playing a crap-ton of the Star Trek Mod for Stellaris. Terran Empire FTW!

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Pokemon Go every day, throughout the day, for the whole day. I check for news in the morning, Go+ throughout the day, sometimes raid or hunt at lunch, hit my route (through a couple hot spots) on the way home, go back out to hunt the flavor of the week or raid with Sugar in the evening, clean up my bag before I go to bed. Saturday mornings I get up at 5am for our local group's morning raids. Anywhere for 5-10+ raids later I usually get home before the girls are up.

I also play flow on Android every day, today was 108 day streak. I feel like it keeps my mind sharp but have no scientific basis to back that up.

I looked at Steam and the last time I played Rocket League was May 5th and PUBG doesn't even show my last played date.

Every once in a while I launch Fortnite, jump into a game, scramble for a gun, die, and close the game. The learning curve for that game is a straight vertical brick wall for me.

I watch more video games than I play when I'm on my PC. YouTube or Twitch: PUBG, Fortnight, and Rocket league.

-Digi

Canti
  • aspieRommelaspieRommel Icrontic politico Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited May 2018

•Battlefield 1 (still...)

•Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (trying to beat Main game before purchasing DLC)

•Far Cry 5 (Played it at first, got distracted by other games, but need to get back to playing it)

•FIFA 17 (Trying to complete The Journey on it before I move on to 18 and other FIFA titles)

•Battlefield 1943 (Just became backwards compatible on Xbox so I’ve been playing it on and off)

Will update at later times.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    • Overcooked (EXPO event!)
    • PUBG
    • Resident Evil 7 on and off
    • Stellaris, Heat Signature, and Surviving Mars on and off

I've been trying to stave off buying new games until I've worked through some more backlog. Not being super methodical, but I've got way too many good games that I haven't played through. Been pretty busy moving recently

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    • Rocket League
    • League of Legends
    • PUBG - occasionally
    • Overwatch - occasionally
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited June 2018

Just beat Detroit: Become Human, really loved it even though I feel like there aren't as many fail states as Heavy Rain. Want to replay it to see what alternate choices might do I ended up getting the good ending for everyone this time around.
    Beat God of War last week after playing through the first 3, absolutely loved every second of it the story, characters everything is so great also it features my man Christopher Judge (Teal'c in Stargate) and he's just FANTASTIC.
    EDIT: Right, beat Farcry 5 this afternoon with my buddy, love the atmosphere and the music, characters were really well done but the ending was...disappointing. Eagerly awaiting the DLC (Vietnam and Space specifically)

Games I'm playing in no particular order.

• CoD WW2 - Campaign is fun, multiplayer is the same as Modern Warfare and the like so I enjoy it although the maps I feel are smaller. Don't care for the new 'story mode' nazi zombies compared to the old house defense.
    • Nier Automata - loving it but I haven't really touched it since the last couple weeks of school. Just need to dive back into it.
    • Battletech - Love it, wish my Warhammer was in it, fuck Harmony Gold.
    • Steel Division: Normandy 44
    • MLB The Show 18
    • DARK SOULS REMASTERED (Buy it again edition)
    • 15th playthrough of Bloodborne

Will get back into Space Hulk Deathwing if they've fixed all the crap and the old team wants to give it another try.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

Still Overwatchin.

Increasingly forcing myself through Final Fantasy 15. As far as story, it feels like so much potential early on and then stuff just happens out of nowhere that is clearly meant to have some emotional impact but there has been zero development or backstory for the character and/or place affected. That continues to happen up to at least chapter 9 out 14 and I just wonder why I'm supposed to care so much without giving me a reason and then gameplay continues as if nothing happened, it is perplexing. Combat system and ascension skill tree are pretty cool but that's about the highest praise I can give this game so far. In a franchise where story has always been so important, sidequests seem to make up the vast majority of gameplay and mostly consist of "go to place, collect/kill thing". I wouldn't call it terrible but it does feel monotonous and unfocused. I picked it up at half of the $60 base price on Steam a year after release with all DLC included and from what I've seen $30 (at most) should be the default cost across all platforms. As someone who played a possibly unhealthy amount of Final Fantasies 6,7,Tactics,8,10, and 12, I'm not mad, I'm just bored after about an hour at a time.

I may add/adjust my thoughts when I finish it because I hope it can still win me over but I'm not hopeful.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I have a Witcher 3 addiction, and now I'm dying of withdrawal. Send wine.

fatcat
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

Overwatch the past few months after nearly a year away from the game.

Adventure Capitalist on my phone, because I can get enough done during a smoke break at work to feel satisfied.

Nothing else really. Waiting on the next WoW expansion before returning. There isn't really anything else that captures me, that can be run on my extremely aged phenom II rig, right now.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

I forgot to mention that I started playing Pokemon Go again!

There's a lot going on with events, and Grand Rapids is great. Muskegon is... Less great, but I did find a pikachu nest yesterday!

MassalinieBobbyDigi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian

Hearthstone and MTG:Arena, mostly. Trying to get time for AC: Origins again. My GPU isn't doing so hot, so no Dragon Age or ME for me, though I want to play both of those.

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian

@Canti said:
    Still Overwatchin.

Increasingly forcing myself through Final Fantasy 15. As far as story, it feels like so much potential early on and then stuff just happens out of nowhere that is clearly meant to have some emotional impact but there has been zero development or backstory for the character and/or place affected. That continues to happen up to at least chapter 9 out 14 and I just wonder why I'm supposed to care so much without giving me a reason and then gameplay continues as if nothing happened, it is perplexing. Combat system and ascension skill tree are pretty cool but that's about the highest praise I can give this game so far. In a franchise where story has always been so important, sidequests seem to make up the vast majority of gameplay and mostly consist of "go to place, collect/kill thing". I wouldn't call it terrible but it does feel monotonous and unfocused. I picked it up at half of the $60 base price on Steam a year after release with all DLC included and from what I've seen $30 (at most) should be the default cost across all platforms. As someone who played a possibly unhealthy amount of Final Fantasies 6,7,Tactics,8,10, and 12, I'm not mad, I'm just bored after about an hour at a time.

I may add/adjust my thoughts when I finish it because I hope it can still win me over but I'm not hopeful.

The Episodes fill in more of that story missing in the later chapters including the alternate ending. There is also this https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5595168/