The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

How could I have participated if the comments are...all new? (The "All New" never goes away even if I re-view the thread also)

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@Soda said:
    How could I have participated if the comments are...all new?

BAM. FIXT.

• SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

@Linc said:

@Soda said:
    How could I have participated if the comments are...all new?

BAM. FIXT.

Damn. Sick deployment pipeline. Web development OP. What was the problem out of curiosity?

edited May 2017

@Soda said:
    Damn. Sick deployment pipeline. Web development OP. What was the problem out of curiosity?

We optimized how that page is built and missed selecting some data in the new query that was needed to calculate that. It's actually been a filed issue for about a month and got merged last week, I just hadn't done a deploy since then.

Soda
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian

Mark all helium button seems to be borked.

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

The button seems to have been broken for a while, but you can still mark everything helium by using the option on the gear menu in the top left under your username.

• @Linc - When I navigate to the site over HTTP, it shows me as not logged in and fails to login. When I go to it over HTTPS, I am already logged in. Since you have a valid cert, you should probably just put an HTTP->HTTPS redirect in.

@ardichoke said:
    @Linc - When I navigate to the site over HTTP, it shows me as not logged in and fails to login. When I go to it over HTTPS, I am already logged in. Since you have a valid cert, you should probably just put an HTTP->HTTPS redirect in.

You are correct. I've noticed this but been lazy about it. I was running HTTPS as a trial run and never finalized it.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2018

Got a weird bug while bumping an old thread about Snuffie. I think it may have to do with the necro badge, or the flag on the post when updated in latest posts. I've attached a screenshot (error report in bottom left). This appeared when I clicked "Add comment". The comment still got posted, though. Despite this, the thread did not appear in the recent topics after refreshing.

Linc
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2018

That's definitely a conflict between our custom necro badge and how Vanilla's datetime handling has changed.

edited February 2018

I fixed the 'necro' addon and deployed it. I also updated "Latest Comment" on all discussions so any that were missed should be bumped now.

The "Mark All Viewed" broken button is removed. As always, the option in the gear by your avatar works for doing that.

primesuspect
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

IC won't let me start a thread!

"{ "Code": 403, "Exception": "You need the Garden.Community.Manage permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }"
    is v. rude

@GnomeQueen said:

"{ "Code": 403, "Exception": "You need the Garden.Community.Manage permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }"
    is v. rude

I've sent out the patch for it. If it happens again, log out / in once to clear your permissions, but hopefully doesn't require that.

@Linc said:

@GnomeQueen said:

is v. rude

I've sent out the patch for it. If it happens again, log out / in once to clear your permissions, but hopefully doesn't require that.

That worked, thank you Lord Lincoln.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I got that once recently as well. I know if I see it again to chalk it up to @Linc testing in prod.

@AlexDeGruven said:
    I got that once recently as well. I know if I see it again to chalk it up to @Linc testing in prod.

It was a known bug that I hadn't deployed the patch to here yet.

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

I found what was doing this once and for all. Patch is now deployed.

RyderAlexDeGruvenStraight_Man

I tried to upload a new profile picture yesterday (Or actually, an old one that I've used before), and the image showed up broken. I've tried 5 or 6 other pictures since then with no success. Ideas?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

It's one of many image-related bugs. Nick and Linc will figure it out.

GnomeQueen

Image uploads are working again.

JokkeStraight_ManBobbyDigiMt_Goat

And now I've re-upped the size limit back to 50M so you can actually upload photos from mobile again.

primesuspectRyderMt_Goat
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Confirmed working

RyderDontCallMeKelsoBobbyDigi
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Confirmed working

Some people's children! :rolleyes:

primesuspectRyder

Everything is different, again.

BobbyDigiStraight_Man
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

NOOOOO HOW DO I CHANGE BACK TO LIGHT THEME???

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

I like it.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian