Expo 2018 Travel Plans & Accommodations

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Those of you posting in here who haven't bought tickets yet: Please buy tickets. We're really trying to get headcounts for stuff

mertesn
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    Those of you posting in here who haven't bought tickets yet: Please buy tickets. We're really trying to get headcounts for stuff

Looks at wallet
    Looks at calendar

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

looks at perfectly functioning spare kidney

GnomeQueen
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian

If anyone would like to stay at a nearby Airbnb with myself as well as the wonderful @malia @RyanFodder and @Goatmonger and make this place the second coolest spot in Detroit for 4 days, just let me know. It's $591 for 4 nights (Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, checkout Sunday) and there is a spare bedroom available at the moment. 5 people split evenly would be $118 per person or about $29.50 per night. Of course if there's a couple who'd be willing to share a double bed it would get even cheaper. It's 2.5 miles from ICHQ and if you don't have a car I'm sure you could catch a ride with either myself or Ryan and Marie.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    edited June 2018

@Farge and I are also looking to airbnb, in for a share, can that place fit a 6th if we bring a cot?

• ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2018

It seems like a fairly large house so I'm sure we can make it work if you guys are happy sharing a room. This is the spare room with the double bed so it seems like you could stick a cot in there. There may also be some kind of office nook that I'm not aware of but I wouldn't count on it.

Massalinie
    edited June 2018

Awesome! Pencil us in? Just have to confirm with @Farge
    I actually come in at 3 on Thursday so he'd have it to himself for Wed night

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2018

@Thrax said:
    BELIEVE IT WHEN I SEE IT, FAM

And now a reading from the Book of Icrontics, chapter 6, verses 1-14:

1. And the Lord said that Seth bar Edward ish New York, also known as the Kwitko, or the KwitCo, or the TD_Isles, or... fuck it... never mind. Just the Kwitko, okay?
    2. Anyway, where were we? Oh yeah. The Lord said Kwitko shall appear to you on the twenty-first day of the sixth month, in the seventeenth year of the second millennium- because everybody knoweth that the millennium beginneth on the year one, not the year zero, as many dim of wit shall have ye believe.
    3. And when the Lord proclaimed to the Thracks of Texas, the Thracks did not believe.
    4. And the Lord asked, "The Thracks of Texas, dost thou not believe that the TD- err- the Kwitko shall appear to you?"
    5. And The Thracks of Texas responded, "Lord, the Kwitko has proclaimed many times that he shall appear before us, yet he has not. The Kwitko has cried wolf far too many times."
    6. And the Lord spoke again and said, "Yes, I understand, the Thracks, but to be fair- for I am the Lord- he did have things that got in the way- a new job, and moving, and some other shit."
    7. And the Thracks spoke again and said, "Lord, I shall believe it when I see it."
    8. And the Lord said, "I have given unto the Kwitko the Holy Scroll of the Epics. And the Kwitko shall arrive in the City of Motors on his trusty steed, a white horse named Pilot of the Hondas, with his son, Joseph, at his side."
    9. And the Thracks spoke one last time to the Lord and said, "If what you say is the truth- and it should be since you are the Lord, and would never lie to anyone about anything- then I will be grateful when the Kwitko appears."
    10. And the Thracks continued and said, "And I will greet the Kwitko by running to him and jumping into his arms and embrace him with a brotherly hug."
    11. "And we shall malf polycarb together, like we did before I shorn my hair, and before the Kwitko added many stones to his girth. We shall call it the good old days," said The Thracks.
    12. And the Lord said, "And all will be right in the land."
    13. And the Thracks said, "And the Kwitko will buy my shit."
    14. And the Lord and the Thracks together said, "Fuck yeah."

The word of primesuspect the Lord, blessed be he.

GHoosdumTushonRyderRyanFodderBuddyJSazbean
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

That house is in my new neighborhood

Massalinie
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2018

Arrive 6/19/18 DTW 2:03PM (Carpooling with @Gargoyle to ICHQ)
    Leave 6/26/18 DTW 4:45PM (Will need a ride to the Airport)

I will need a place to crash on Tuesday night before, as well as Sunday & Monday night after.

Just realized that Chateau Tushon opens up the day after I arrive, so requesting room in the attic on Tuesday night.

• doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian

First time coming to the event, very excited!

Flying into CVG 6/19 and riding with @GHoosdum up to Detroit.
    Flying out of DTW in the PM 6/24. I may be able to take an earlier flight out.

LincprimesuspectGargBobbyDigi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@doabarrellroll said:

Yeeessssssss! Bring your 944!!!

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I'm planning to drive up from Cinci on Tuesday morning-ish, and leave Detroit on Monday morning-ish. I would like to request a place to sleep in the house on Tuesday night and Sunday night. :) I will be in the same AirBnB I usually stay in for the event-proper.

• doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian

@UPSLynx said:

@doabarrellroll said:

Yeeessssssss! Bring your 944!!!

If it wasn't ~2500 miles, I would!

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@Chooch you scrub you haven't even registered.

Chooch

@Obsidian said:
    Plans aren't completely solid but I'm hoping to drive in Wednesday night and leave Sunday afternoon. I'll be bringing @Goatmonger with me again because she follows me everywhere.

You know what you should probably do if you're registering an AirBnB? Buy a ticket. :p

primesuspectMassalinieMAGIC

Is anyone going to be bringing/providing spare computers? Jackie cannot afford a gaming laptop at this time.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    Is anyone going to be bringing/providing spare computers? Jackie cannot afford a gaming laptop at this time.

I plan on it.

GnomeQueen

@GnomeQueen said:

I donated one to the house last year. I'm bringing a larger SSD for it this year (the one I won from the raffle last year), but if anyone has a spare Windows license, that would increase the number of games it could play. Otherwise, it's mostly a TF2 machine.

Massalinie

@Gargoyle said:

@GnomeQueen said:

I donated one to the house last year. I'm bringing a larger SSD for it this year (the one I won from the raffle last year), but if anyone has a spare Windows license, that would increase the number of games it could play. Otherwise, it's mostly a TF2 machine.

Guess I finally have to buy a windows license for my LAN PC, last year it was on a trial :laugh:

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2018

@BobbyDigi

Do you and kid have a ride from Airport yet? 1:15ishwhateveritis on Tuesday the 19th would work for my arrival, can get you on the way by if you don't mind stopping at my hotel on the way in so I can check in.
    Cannot help with Sunday morning departure.... will be softballing with niece.

edited June 2018

@upslynx and I will be in at around 1am on Thursday morning-- maybe 1:30? Bobby has the reservations. We would super super appreciate if anyone could pick us up! <3

We need some kind of pick-up chart!

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Massalinie said:
    We need some kind of pick-up chart!

Ask and you shall recieve

GargRyderMassalinie
    edited June 2018

ICHQ Sleeping Assignments

• Bobby + Jackie - sofa bed (guest room)
    • Evonne - cot (guest room)
    • cola - futon (Linc's office)
    • Digi + Kid - bunks (attic)
    • Kwitko + Son - twin, cot (attic)
    • Magic - twin (attic)
    • Garg - cot (attic) - Tues only
    • Joe - tatami (attic) - Tues / Sun+Mon
    • CB - tatami (attic) - Tues / Sun

If you're not on this list and planning to stay here, you've got until noon tomorrow (Sunday) to tell me.

GnomeQueenMAGIC
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

Just landed at DTW :)

MassalinieRyderMAGIC
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Awesome attic dwellers!

MAGICCB
    edited June 2018

My direct flight was cancelled, and now I'm connecting through DC and scheduled to arrive in DTW at 4:49 PM.

Or, you know, get stuck at my connection because LOL air travel. We'll see.

Screw that noise. I switched to a direct flight, but now I'm getting in at 6:14 PM.

Edit 2: delayed another hour ?
    Edit 3: delayed another hour, now arriving around 8:19 ?

Ryder