EXPO DIA Star Wars trip!

GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz QueenMountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Hey guys--

I recently noticed that the Detroit Institute of the Arts is having a Star Wars exhibit while we're in town for expo! I want to go, and I'm hoping others do too. I'm thinking sometime on Friday, since I'm not doing the ropes course-- perhaps leave the house at 11? I'm planning to primarily see the exhibit, since I've been to the DIA a number of times in the past, but if you haven't, I encourage you to stay longer and see the rest of the museum.

Tickets for the exhibit on Friday are $27.50-- I think they're a little cheaper in person since there's no online surcharge. I'll probably take the risk and get a ticket there. "Youths" are $7, which includes everyone under 17.

Note: I will not have a car, but if no one with a car wants to go, I'm happy to Lyft.

Let me know if you're interested in going!

GargChoochQCHMassalinieWagsFTW

Comments

• SusurroSusurro Dubuque, IA Icrontian

I saw this exhibit when it was in New York. It's definitely worth a go. It's great seeing some of those costumes in person, especially seeing how poorly kept some of the original trilogy stuff is.

They got their act together for the prequels and put more effort into preservation.

GnomeQueen
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Also note that the DIA is only 30 minutes of walking from the house. Or, 20 minutes (to Woodward) + 1 QLine stop ($3 day pass).

GnomeQueen
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I'm in for this.

GnomeQueen
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

Couple other tips:

• Aim to be back by 2pm, please.
    • Wasabi Sushi is right next to the DIA if you wanna grab lunch while you're up there.
    GnomeQueenMassalinieMAGIC
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

If we're driving, I can take 4 peeps.

GnomeQueen
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I might be interested... no, I am interested

GnomeQueenMAGIC
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I'm probably down, but according to their page there are time slots to visit that can sell out, so we should check if that time's available.

I'll have a rental car that can seat 3 + me.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

@Gargoyle said:
    I'm probably down, but according to their page there are time slots to visit that can sell out, so we should check if that time's available.

I'll have a rental car that can seat 3 + me.

I called and talked to them on the phone, to see how likely it was that they'd sell out and if we should buy ahead. It sounded like it would be okay? We can call the morning of to make sure the times are open. Or we can go ahead ad buy the 11:30 or whatnot spot now, I'm flexy either way.

MAGIC
  • LeahVoiceLeahVoice Hobgoblin of Good Grooming Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I'm down for going as long as I have the 'walking around on marble floors go-ahead' from my doctor. @RyanMM is interested, too. He would probably like a chance to go to the DIA sans LeahVoice's guided Renaissance art tour.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

Hell, I think you should offer the Renaissance guided tour after the Star Wars exhibit! Talk about a value-add!

edited June 2018

Hey guys, let's meet on the porch at 10!
    I
    Note: I will call before we go to make sure times are open

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I'm going to skip this, need sleep. Thanks for organizing though, @GnomeQueen

@Gargoyle said:
    I'm going to skip this, need sleep. Thanks for organizing though, @GnomeQueen

OMG right? @Linc moved this to ten instead of 11 and I am le tired

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

It's 10. Y U NO HERE?

Leaving time has been moved back to 10:40 for the slightly later risers!