The Legend of Brooded Wig - Epic Pokemon Adventure 2018

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2018 in Events

The Legend of Brooded Wig

Saturday June 23rd, 2018, we will be partaking in an adventure through a region of the Pokémon World known as Detroll. Specifically a section by the name of Brooded Wig.

The original tenant of the house you all know and love as ICHQ Detroit was actually a Pokémon trainer who went by the name of MostWanted. The leader of a gathering of trainers, little is known about his origin before arriving and staking claim in an area of the Detrollian Region called Brooded Wig.

The story goes that while searching for a suitable land for his powerful training, MostWanted came upon a local pub. After many hours of festivities, battles and even a few trades with the local trainers, Most decided that this area was indeed the place for him to stake his claim. Stumbling, Most headed out to find where he would setup his Gym. After a short while he came across an estate gym. Trainers partied wildly here and after a few drunken master battles Most decided he would want his Gym to be back closer to the pub. He turned but only made it this far back and passed out. An unknown amount of time later, waking up not knowing where he was, Most attempted to staked his claim. On our Epic 2018 adventure, we will traveling from his home to the pub, retracing his path in reverse.

Here are some details about some landmarks we might see along the way,

Gym - ICHQ Detroit - Long gone but not forgotten in the lore of Detroll. The Gym that stood in this location had became the most sought after Gym to battle in all of the Detrollian region. After Most’s drunken attempt at claiming it for his own, Most found the lot to already be claimed. He later met the owner who soon become his best friend and life partner and together they built the Gym now known as ICHQ Detroit.

PokeStop “Patch Whisky” - Established by a trainer know as Sarsaparilla. Sarsaparilla opened this PokeStop originally referred to as simply “Whiskey”. If you ever had the pleasure of hearing Sarsaparilla’s deep soulful voice, he would refer to his stop as “Whiskey with a fucking E!”

Gym “Bike Sculptures”, PokeStop “Red Heart Statue”, PokeStop “Metal Rebarb Statue”, PokeStop “Whimsical Murals In Woodbridge” - A trainer who everyone called Meany, short for Laz the Meany, would ride her bike down this stretch of Brooded Wig protecting her Gym and Stops. While not mean at heart, she would stare down any passersby causing them to fear her more than they probably should hence they would call her Meany.

PokeStop “Wake Up Start Dreaming Mural” - This PokeStop was established by a Wizard known as Ronsard, the most educated trainer in Detroll. Talk of Ronsard’s magic spread to the far edges of The Detrollian Region and beyond. Rosnard the Wizard was able to live his dreams with his ability to travel space and time with the power of thought.

Gym “Change Ministries” - When an interesting Trainer who only went by Mission had to abruptly close his mission, he put up signs telling his followers to change ministries. Oddly enough, many new fellowships have moved in since and, either out of laziness or stupidity, have continued to assume the name.

Gym “Calvin And Hobbes Comic Fence” - The home of the Myans, Ralia and Docc. Royalty in early Brooded Wig. Docc spelled his name with 2 'C's because Docc was not really a doctor. Him being jealous of Snoop’s access to copious amounts of Star Dust, Docc wanted trainers to think that he was indeed a doctor when he introduced himself. Ralia was revered as one of the most beautiful trainers in all of Detroll, though that may or may not have been because they had to or they would have to answer to Docc’s powerful collection of Pokémon.

PokeStop “A Horse is a Horse” - Little is known about the Trainer Mental Jon other than he once stunned a very powerful Rapidash with little other than the gas he produced and built this Stop to celebrate his achievement.

Stop “Live Coal Art Gallery” - This building has housed many a trainer over time. The most well known, and tallest, went by the name Coyote. Coyote was well known for his taste in fineries. If a trainer needed a special Pokeball or an aura to aid in their journey, Coyote would be who they would go to see.

Gym “Greater Faith Missionary Baptist Church” - A peaceful gym ran by a baptist monk who only went by the acronym WTF. Lore says that the name WTF was indeed an acronym but no one ever documented what it actually stood for.

Gym “Frederick Douglass Branch” - Jack the Troll was a lover of animals, not so much of other Pokemon Trainers. He was the first paid female librarian at his library which he took over and turned into a Gym shortly after being hired.

Gym “Victorian Estate”, PokeStop Loaded Top Cats Mural. The Gym that Most stumbled across before turning back. The trainer who ran this Gym was called Snoop the Lion. In his time, Snoop had intricate stone lion statues throughout the outside and inside of his Gym. A mural was later dedicated to Snoop based on the fact that while he did have a doctorate and could legally distribute, at the time of meeting Most, he was pretty well known in the region for being really into Star Dust. Snoop also was known for his travels and on rare occasion was known to trade rare Pokémon that he had acquired to help trainers “Catch them all.”

To Adventure!

-Digi

ChoochGargmaliaUPSLynxMassalinieKwitkoQCH

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Wow

GargGnomeQueen
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Thanks for putting so much effort into this. I'm sure even veteran players learned something today!

Massalinie
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

The way everyone treated Joseph on this adventure is why I love Icrontic so much. This is an amazing group of people who are more like family than friends.

MassalinieArwen
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2018

@JoeTheShmoe
    @Massalinie
    @malia
    @RyanFodder
    @CrazyJoe
    @cola
    @primesuspect
    @drasnor
    @UPSLynx
    @GnomeQueen
    @bells
    @Chooch
    @QCH
    @Gargoyle
    @The_Ischyros
    @SassChan
    @DigiKid
    @sneakypurples

These Friends are Pokémon Trainers. These Pokémon Trainers are my Friends.

Also there are 12 hidden Icrontic references in the OP here. I wonder who can find any or all of them?

-Digi

MassalinieGargUPSLynx
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2018

WTF = @QCH
    Ronsard = @drasnor
    Mental Jon = @CrazyJoe

MassalinieBobbyDigi
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

Laz the Meany ;)

BobbyDigi
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Wtf... Pretty sure that is a play on @WagsFTW

@Kwitko said:
    WTF = QCH
    Ronsard = drasnor
    Mental Jon = CrazyJoe

@Massalinie said:
    Laz the Meany ;)

4/12

Well done!

-Digi

MostWanted = PrimeSuspect :-P

BobbyDigi
    edited June 2018

@Massalinie said:
    MostWanted = PrimeSuspect :-P

Too easy eh? :wink:

5/12

-Digi

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

Sassafras

BobbyDigi

Jack the Troll = @GnomeQueen

BobbyDigi
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Wizzard!

BobbyDigi

@cola said:
    Sassafras

@Kwitko said:
    Jack the Troll = @GnomeQueen

7/12

-Digi

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited June 2018

I'm going to argue that Laz the Meany could also be @PinkInDetroit

MassalinieBobbyDigi

Guessing Ralia and Docc are @malia and @RyanFodder

GnomeQueenBobbyDigi

@primesuspect said:
    Brooded Wig = Woodbridge anagram

@Massalinie said:
    Guessing Ralia and Docc are malia and RyanFodder

9/12

Who could Mission, Coyote, and Lion be?

-Digi

@BobbyDigi said:

@primesuspect said:
    Brooded Wig = Woodbridge anagram

@Massalinie said:
    Guessing Ralia and Docc are malia and RyanFodder

9/12

Who could Mission, Coyote, and Lion be?

-Digi

YOU'RE Lion, obvi.

Coyote is @UPSLynx

@GnomeQueen said:
    Coyote is @UPSLynx

10/12

@GnomeQueen said:
    YOU'RE Lion, obvi.

I can see how you would think that but I am not any of the references.

-Digi

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian

Intricate stone Lion statues? Gargoyle?

BobbyDigi
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Is... is @Gargoyle Lion?

BobbyDigi

@GHoosdum said:
    Intricate stone Lion statues? Gargoyle?

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    Is... is @Gargoyle Lion?

11/12

-Digi

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

There are so many Poke Stops around here dedicated to statues or gargoyles that I'm pretty sure I can find "intricate stone lion statue" to send as a gift. And then I'll probably get sucked into this alternate universe Digi created and you'll have to rescue me next year.

BobbyDigi
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Mission = Chooch

BobbyDigiMassalinie

@drasnor said:
    Mission = Chooch

12/12 !

Great job guys. I'll clean up my notes and share them.

-Digi

Massalinie
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

This was awesome @BobbyDigi. Easily one of my favorite All-Time Expo events.

primesuspectBobbyDigiMassalinieRyanFodder