EPIC 2018 Beer Tasting - Barrel Aged Stouts

13»

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Interesting results based on what I know of the list. A few I haven't had, but still.

Good to see Dragon's Milk hanging tight with BCBS, which I personally consider the gold standard for a BA Imperial Stout (obviously others will have differing opinions). I'm surprised to see the BA Yeti so low, as that's been one of my personal favorites in the past.

Good selection, disappointed I missed out. 'til the next one.

RyanMM
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:
    Interesting results based on what I know of the list. A few I haven't had, but still.

Good to see Dragon's Milk hanging tight with BCBS, which I personally consider the gold standard for a BA Imperial Stout (obviously others will have differing opinions). I'm surprised to see the BA Yeti so low, as that's been one of my personal favorites in the past.

Good selection, disappointed I missed out. 'til the next one.

I would like to see "BA Stout showdown" become a regular one that I throw on a smaller scale - maybe 6-8 people, pared down food, and scaled back to maybe 8 beers. Always non-flavored stouts, the goal to find those BCBS killers that have to be out there (and I believe we found some good candidates in this tasting!)

If we did this in 2019, we'd be looking at 2017 vintages, we'd bring back some the winners, maybe a loser, and some new candidates to see what ends up on top for that model year. I could probably run this on a different day in a shorter timeslot from the main tasting in Expo 2019 if the EPIC Gods grant their blessings.

I know a few people would certainly commit right now if they could. heh

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I love everything about that post.

That also reminds me, I have a bottle of Brooklyn Black Ops that's been chilling in the basement since Christmas '16.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

@RyanMM said:
    I would like to see "BA Stout showdown" become a regular one that I throw on a smaller scale - maybe 6-8 people, pared down food, and scaled back to maybe 8 beers. Always non-flavored stouts, the goal to find those BCBS killers that have to be out there (and I believe we found some good candidates in this tasting!)

Sounds like a perfect ICOK, ICNY, or ICSP event to me.

MAGIC