What is Icrontic playing? Summer 2018 edition

2»

Comments

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

Mobile -

• Fire Emblem Heroes
    • Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
      Note: Both are gacha games for their respective series. If you don't know what a gacha game is, it's basically a collectable game where the collectables in question are the key gameplay pieces, and it's typically how it's monetized. So for FFBE you're collecting the members for your party, and said members are a bunch of original characters as well as a ton of characters from throughout the Squire Enix library. Such games, as with most mobile games, can be setup to be quite cash-grabby. FFBE is quite guilty of this, FEH not as much.

• Pokemon GO

Switch -

• Splatoon 2 - Gonna get back into this cause of the upcoming Octo-Expansion.

PS4 -

• Monster Hunter World - The whole reason I got a PS4 in the first place. I'll likely be getting it again this August when it comes out for PC.
    • Bloodborne - I've been a fan of the souls series so Bloodborne was an inevitability once I got a PS4.

PC -

• WoW - I tend to juggle 3 "active" games at a time and this one is almost always in that top 3 all the time.
    • Overwatch - Mostly FFA Deathmatch mode when it's available. Lately I've gotten the most fun out of that mode compared to the others.
    • Heroes of the Storm & Hearthstone - I play these two off and on cause I've grown into such a Blizzard fan.
    • Deadbolt - A new game by the same group that made one of my favorite indie games of all time, Risk of Rain. Easy way to describe it is it's a "Hitman" game but supernatural/undead themed as you play as a hitman version of the Grim Reaper and you try yo take out various undead creatures under certain criteria.
    • Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Oh man this game. If there is one game I've gotta promote in this post it's gotta be this one. It's the first CRPG I've ever played and it's been a blast, and even after the months of time me and the group I've been playing with (Sheep, Zealock, and a local friend of Zealock's) have put into this, we've only scratched the surface. We've been playing regularly scheduled sessions since January and we're only just now getting to the final act. The class/skill system is fluid and diverse. The combat is clever and tactical, if a bit frustrating every now and then. Throw in strong mod support and the ingame ability to create your own campaigns and maps, as well as DM/GM them, and this game has quite a lot for RPG fans.
  • waxwax the neroberg Icrontian

PUBG
    Moonlighter
    Battlefield 1 (Getting hyped for BF:V)

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

Lawn Mower 4: Attack of the crabgrass (Stuck at level 1...)
    Oh... REAL games...

• Pokemon Go... Just rejoined and kinda obsessed with it right now but it take a ton of time since I am not in a huge urban area. Also tough since I have to solo on Raids which means I get as many losses and wins on level 3 bosses.
    BuddyJ
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

@QCH said:

I've tried playing this game. It's not worth it. It's a terrible grind and not fun at all. I broke down and bought the IAPs that unlock fertilization/weeding and automatic weekly cutting.

mertesnRyanFodder
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@AlexDeGruven said:

@QCH said:

I've tried playing this game. It's not worth it. It's a terrible grind and not fun at all. I broke down and bought the IAPs that unlock fertilization/weeding and automatic weekly cutting.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I'd love something like this, but then my kids would want to try it and end up "inadvertently" drawing dicks in the neighbors' yards.

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Started Rise of the Tomb Raider cause @Thrax said it was so good, but I needed to play the previous Tomb Raider first.

Finished that and I enjoyed it a lot. The story was meh but the game mechanics were enjoyable even though I don't care for puzzles much.

RotTR builds on TR by a lot. Not sure if I care for all the crafting but it just seems immensely more polished than the first one. Looking forward to finishing it.

Second game I want to start is Hitman due to watching a Twitch streamer play it and it seemed really fun. I've owned the game since launch but found it hard to get in to it. I hopes it's not because it's more fun to watch someone else play it.