Pokemon GO

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

for a day

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

That's all's I need. Anyway... did you go see Matt?

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Martin wants to be on Team Blue with Betsy and Me, but he clicked too fast, and got on Team Red. Does he have to start over from scratch, or is there something that can be done to change team?

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2018

Unfortunately he'll have to start over. While there is a one time granted in-game name change for each trainer, I don't believe I've ever seen someone successfully change teams.

-Digi

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

That's sad. Then, how can he start over?

Apparently that form says you can't reuse the email address again for a new account

@CrazyJoe said:
    Apparently that form says you can't reuse the email address again for a new account

Yeah, that's less than ideal.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

could try email+pokemongo@domain.com. They might not do validation that makes that the same, but mail delivery should work.

Well, it's easy to get a new email address to use, but it means he won't be able to log in my just pushing the log-in with Google button, and he'll lose his cool username. :/ But if it's the only way, it's the only way. A shame there is no user friendly way to fix this.

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

Could contact the company and request a complete deletion of the user/account, leaving the e-mail and username open for a new registration.

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian

You can move the same email to a second, new account. It's a PITA.

I made my account with pokemon trainer club login. Their servers suck. I was already past lvl25 or so, so I didn't want to start over.

I had also accidentally made a new account with my Google account. It was level 6 or something. Same username, just capitalized. I guess username is case sensitive.

So...

You can associate an account with two authentication sources simultaneously. There are three available, and to have to have one assigned at any time.

So I took my old garbage Google-authenticated account and added Facebook authentication. Log out of the app, and log in with Facebook. Now Google could be removed.

Log out, and log in to good account with pokemon trainer club. Add Google, now that it's not assigned to any account.

Log out, log in with google. Optionally, emove pokemon trainer club.

Now using Google to log on with my main account, and no more login timeouts via pokemon trainer club.

So - you're not "trapped" if you associate your email with an account you no longer want. Just do this.

Oh, and try using the same username on the new account, but change Capitalization or use snakeCase or CamelCase.

Not sure if it was an oversight when the app first came out, but I have both geeklimit and Geeklimit, they're different accounts.

I tried making a pokemon Trainers account, but the log in just wouldn't ever work, so I ended up making him a Facebook account just to log into Pokemon Go with. So, he lost his progress and his username, but it's not too bad, and this time, when he hit level five, I made sure he got the right team. :)

MassalinieGarg
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Got my first Mewtwo yesterday on my second EX raid. 89% I think. I'm happy. And the catch capped off hitting Level 33.

GnomeQueenBobbyDigiMassalinieGarg
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I was in Chicago for a bit and was able to snag 4 Regice, 2 Registeel, and 4 Zapdos... and my first EX Raid invite. Not sure I can get back into Chicago to do the EX Raid but we'll see... Leveled up too. Now's I'm Lvl 35.

BuddyJMassalinieBobbyDigi
    edited July 2018

I was heading to the store and knew a restaurant nearby had a Registeel Raid with about 5 minutes left to go. It was a Valor gym so I figured I'd stop and capture it once the timer ran out in the raid. As I pulled up there were about 7 or 8 people standing outside in a circle all looking at their phones so I loaded up and saw that they were all in the lobby for the raid. I jumped in on that shit and we took him down in about 60 seconds. I managed to capture him on my first try. Not 100% or shiny, but still pretty awesome. Then afterwards I did take over the gym and he's still sitting there right now defending it!

GargBobbyDigiQCH

Awesome Joe! 98%! Nice catch!

Side Note: You can not put Legendary Pokemon in a gym so if you were actually able to put that Registeel in a gym, take copious screenshots because you would be the first.

-Digi

You are correct. I thought I did put him in there, but I guess I just put one of my 20 or so Heracross. I have so many of those, the entire raid battle for me was actually just two waves of 6 Heracross each. LOL.

Massalinie

@CrazyJoe said:
    You are correct. I thought I did put him in there, but I guess I just put one of my 20 or so Heracross. I have so many of those, the entire raid battle for me was actually just two waves of 6 Heracross each. LOL.

Related question: Can you catch Cosola from where you are at in FL?

-Digi

Massalinie

Rarely, but yes.

Massalinie
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@Massalinie said:
    Everyone is talking about new "lucky" Pokemon which will cost less to power up, and apparently come from trading, but the real highlight of today's update:

- You can now sort the Friends List and assign nicknames to Friends

• Gifts may now contain Stardust
    • Trainers now receive XP for sending Gifts
    • Added the ability to delete unsent Gifts
    • Various bug fixes and performance updates

You can also view where gifts came from on a map, now. That's pretty sweet for geo geeks like me.

Massalinie

That is cool! How do you see the map?

If you haven't added me yet, I try to send gifts every day. Code is 469054089310

But I really just wanted to say the highlight of my gift-giving was sending a Dik Dik gift to BuddyJ.

BobbyDigi
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2018

@Gargoyle said:
    You can also view where gifts came from on a map, now. That's pretty sweet for geo geeks like me.

:-O Oh damn! I didn't know that, I was super sad that I collected road trip stops all over the US and it never showed anyone where they were. Too late now, but that's sweet for the future!

@CrazyJoe If you click on the postcard before you open the gift, there is a "View in Map" button at the bottom. It also shows the name of the place on the actual card now.

It actually opens it in Google Maps, that's so cool!

Heh, dick path and "420 doctor"

BobbyDigiMassalinieGarg