Pokemon GO

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

Bah! Won another Registeel Raid but failed to catch him this time, even with Golden Razzberries.

MassalinieGargBuddyJ
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I haven't been very good about getting enough gifts and making space to open everyone's every day. But does anyone want to try and pop a lucky egg and ultra-friend at the same time? It's 50k XP per person doubled to 100k each if we do a lucky egg together.

I have 5 more days with Karen and @BobbyDigi, 10 days for @Gargoyle and 15 for @QCH, @RyanFodder, and @malia, 22 days for @drasnor ... sorry everyone else is behind that at the moment. My plan was to try and hit ultra with like 5 or so people and then do the next 5, but now I'm thinking maybe we should all get to 1 day remaining and wait.

If anyone else has been gifting for friend points, any thoughts on syncing up and have an egg and ultra-friend party in like a month or something? Think of the XP! :-D

QCH
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I'm trying to be good about sending gifts when I can, but it's tough when I'm not near pokestops a lot of the time. But we'll get there.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

I send gifts whenever I can, 20-30 a day on average. I only open them when I have room for eggs. Even then, to be honest, I prioritize non-California Icrontic Fam because of Distance. I'm 3/4 of the way to my Pilot badge and once that is done I can change that workflow.

@Massalinie and everyone else, If you want me to stop opening when we only have one day left, no problem, just let me know. I'm happy to pop a lucky egg whenever (they just take up space in my bag at this point) or hold off as long as you wish.

I'll be reaching out individually when anyone gets close to a level up with me for maximum gains also.

-Digi

Massalinie

I've only got 6 lucky eggs and it'll be a while before I buy another box so I'll try to double up :-P

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

@BobbyDigi said:
    I only open them when I have room for eggs.

This is what I don't understand, though. I get way more gifts per day than I hatch eggs. I can safely open lots of gifts and still save some for when eggs hatch (most days, I don't hatch an egg, so I may only save 1 or 2 from faraway places).

I'm considering quitting saving any gifts at all. I'm kind of over the Alolan eggs; would rather get 10km eggs again.

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I don't save gifts, either. I'm not going to buy incubators, and the Alolan eggs aren't that valuable.

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Can't open gifts when inventory is full. Need another community day to deplete items!

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited July 2018

tbh, I just like seeing everyone's postcards. :)

@drasnor had the best one yet with the Falcon 9!

BuddyJ
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I end up just deleting pokeballs. I dumped 90 potions and 75 great balls just to make room. They replenish very quickly

ThraxCBBuddyJMassalinie

I've been dumping potions as needed, starting with the smallest. There always seems to be ~50 full-restore potions around as I use them sparingly...

@primesuspect said:
    I end up just deleting pokeballs. I dumped 90 potions and 75 great balls just to make room. They replenish very quickly

I, too end up dumping balls periodically...

Kwitko
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I mean how many Alolan Meowths can you need?

@Gargoyle said:

@BobbyDigi said:
    I only open them when I have room for eggs.

This is what I don't understand, though. I get way more gifts per day than I hatch eggs. I can safely open lots of gifts and still save some for when eggs hatch (most days, I don't hatch an egg, so I may only save 1 or 2 from faraway places).

I'm considering quitting saving any gifts at all. I'm kind of over the Alolan eggs; would rather get 10km eggs again.

Item wise, the Eggs were the only reason I had to open gifts until they recently added stardust. I throw away all potions other than Max. I also dump 50+ revives on a regular basis. I spin 30+ stops a day to farm gifts to send, that is at least 100 items right there. I don't need more items from gifts.

I hatch eggs 8 or 9 at a time. I normally don't buy incubators but the last couple of Raid Pass friendly Ultra Boxes also included a hand full of Super Incubators. Also the first 4 Alolan Vulpix I received were 82% IV or less so I had to keep going. I presumed when gifts first rolled out that receiving gifts would drop off so I wanted to make sure I got eggs out of as many gifts as I could, while I could. There has been a couple days where I went through 2 hatches in a day and ran into the daily gift opening limit (20). So for a little less efficient friend leveling, I've pulled a 98% Diglet, 98% Vulpix, %100 Meowth, 96% Sandshrew, 96% Geodude, and 96% Grimer. I'm also at almost 750,000km on my pilot badge. Worked out as planned.

Also in terms of Icrontic, it is likely I will not be able to trade with anyone until next June. We only need to level as friends 90 out of those 365 days since Epic 18 to be best friends by Epic 19.

-Digi

Massalinie
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

EPICfriends

Massalinie
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

I'm one gift away from ultra friends with @HumerusMeg, @Thrax, @Kwitko, @bells, @CB, and @AlexDeGruven. Is there a good time this afternoon to pop an egg while Eevee hunting?

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

A bunch of people went lure crazy in the local park.

BobbyDigiQCHMassalinie
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I was busy this weekend and only got in about 3 hrs total during the event. I caught about, 110 eevee, 70 on Saturday and 40 yesterday. Out of that, I got 4 shiny Eevees and they were all from Saturday. None of the non-shiny Eevees were about 85 IV. :( So, I have over 1,000 Eevee candies and nothing much to show from it. I am not sure I like charged attack "Last Resort" since it is a normal attack. Oh well... I do like the 150,000 star dust I collected, though.

@Gargoyle said:
    I'm one gift away from ultra friends with @HumerusMeg, @Thrax, @Kwitko, @bells, @CB, and @AlexDeGruven. Is there a good time this afternoon to pop an egg while Eevee hunting?

Ultra friendship achieved. 50k XP FTW.

Garg

@QCH said:
    nothing much to show from it

Except...

110 eevee... 4 shiny Eevees... over 1,000 Eevee candies... 150,000 star dust

Easy Level 40 Shiny Espeon!

I am not sure I like charged attack "Last Resort" since it is a normal attack.

No one does. It is a bad move that is outclassed by any of the Eeveelutions' regularly available moves.

Doesn't sound like you had a bad Community Day at all. Don't put down all the stuff you did get just because you didn't get a perfect or you're not going to use the move.

-Digi

Massalinie

@QCH trade your garbage-IV Eevee with someone else for their garbage-IV Eevee. Random IV, second chance.

Massalinie
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian

I'm just sour, I guess. I had higher expectations for myself. I was able to grab 109 Larvitars in 3-hrs back in June but 110 Eevee's in 6 hours. I need Stardust since many of the Raids I try are with a handful of other trainers where higher level Pokemon make the difference.

Oh well... I am having fun though.

BobbyDigi
    edited August 2018

September Community Day is Chikorita, Sep 22, 2018

https://pokemongolive.com/events/community-day/

And a very credible source (Serebii) has posted future CD dates:

October 21st 2018
    November 10th 2018

-Digi

Massalinie
    edited August 2018

I was a bit frustrated with this community event as well, I did alright in the end. Sunday I only had 3 shinies in the first 2 hours, spawns seemed unusually light and every time I saw a group of 3 or more, I'd catch two and then the others would vanish for some reason. I got up to 12 by the end of the event but 5 of them were level 3 or under and 2 level 6 (lol).

Waiting for Ultra-friend for one trade (I wound up with 3 shiny Vaporeon and no Flareon); I have to spent 50k dust and 54 candy to boost so it's worth it to my friend LOL. My highest level shiny was 29 but its IV sucks so hoping it'll turn into something decent for someone else. Best shiny IV is 82%... level 6 (yerp) only two other shinies are above 70%, saving those for Espeon/Umbreon. But my experience with Eevees has been that they are usually terrible so overall I feel pretty good. :laugh: About 600 candies left for powering up my favorites.

I've been trading my Eevees to the wife's account for all her weedles. Took 10 tries or so, but eventually rerolled one into a 80%+ IV, which is now being walked for an Espeon.

Since I'm going to get rid of them anyway...not a bad use of 75 dust.

BobbyDigiGarg
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Had to catch 5 electric-type Pokemon for a field research. Just realized that Plusle and Minun are plus and minus.
    mind_blown.gif

@Kwitko said:
    Had to catch 5 electric-type Pokemon for a field research. Just realized that Plusle and Minun are plus and minus.
    mind_blown.gif

When shiny Plusle and Minun came out, there were research tasks to Battle in a Gym (ie: subtract power from a Pokemon) that gave you a Minun as a reward and Power up a Pokemon (ie: add power to a Pokemon) with a Plusle as a reward.

As much as the internet would believe this app is unplayable with bugs, there are some nice little touches like this that give me a giggle every once in a while.

-Digi

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Couldnt remember my trainer club login so I started over. I added a few folks, but feel free to add me.

BobbyDigi
  • KaintenanceKaintenance #blametheyouth Kyle, TX Member

So I just started playing, feel free to add me

BobbyDigimalia
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

I'm pretty close to ultra friend with a bunch of folks. How do we want to do this?