Icrontic Returns to the Horde this month

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian

After a nearly-politcal-campaign-level of discussion and negotiations, the guild has voted to move from Kel'Thuzad to Thrall and from Alliance to Horde.

HISTORY:

Icrontic was a Horde guild from the beginning. When Cata launched, I stopped playing and I handed the guild over to the most active players at the time. They moved the guild to Kel'Thuzad and switched to Alliance because that was where their friends were. However, none of those people play anymore.

There were a lot of Icrontians who weren't happy with the move but the guild survived. When Myrmidon decided to re-sub, he convinced me to come along. We got the old GM to hand the guild back over to me and we continued on as Alliance. The guild of today is a mix of people we met along the way as well as people who have been here all along.

There has always been an undercurrent of wanting to move back to the Horde where everything started. Because I am the guild master, I have become the mouthpiece for all the whispers and discussions I get asking over the years "can we move" "will we move" "I want to move", etc. The question has come up many, many times over the years and the pressure mounted enough to the point where I started discussing it with the officers and the end result was a vote and now a move.

LOGISTICS:

We will be moving Tuesday, October 17th, 2017, some time in the evening. YOU ARE FREE TO MOVE BEFORE THIS; just know that the actual guild and the structure (e.g. Kethark) will be moving on that date. We currently have a holding guild on Thrall named "Not Icrontic", just to gather the troops. There is an expeditionary force of a handful of people who have already moved or rolled new toons to get acclimated to the new digs. This group is small but very willing to help gear, quest, answer questions, etc.

The per-character transfer fee is $55: $25 for transferring to Thrall and $30 for a faction change. We are instituting Icrontic Communism to help with fees; this means that if you can pay for your own way, please do. If you cannot, no problem, we can help. We are offering $50 blizzard gift cards to those who simply cannot afford to move, hoping you can pick up the stray $5+taxes (if applicable). If you truly can't afford the extra, we'll pay for the whole thing. Please don't abuse this by asking us to pay for all your alts and bank toons. We'll help pay for mains.

There is a 250k gold per character limit, and a 10 million gold guild bank limit. If you have more than 250k gold to move, you can deposit your excess in the guild bank and withdraw it when we arrive. We have a spreadsheet to account for this. Let me know if you want to utilize this method to move gold.

On the day of the move, the guild will be deleted from Kel'Thuzad. Anybody in the guild will be released and become guildless. Unfortunately there is no in-game method to notify people who haven't logged in for a long while about the move. We will have to rely on this post, discord, or friends lists to guide people to the new server.

Once Icrontic is re-established on Thrall, the guild Not Icrontic will be deleted.

FOR THE HORDE

Stack

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Good luck, y'all! :D

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

Wait a minute, I thought I was the guildmaster?

primesuspect
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian

I still have my 90 and 100 boosts to burn, will probably use one once the guild has moved (and become active in the guild again).

primesuspect
  • StackStack Sassy and short Icrontian

❤ yes

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

@Arkim logs in for the first time in months:

Me: "Oh man am I glad to see you. I wanted to catch you before we moved to let you know we're moving to Horde on Thrall"

Him: "Oh that works out, I already have toons there"

That worked out!

JBoogaloo
  • TadarranTadarran Cleveland Member

Are you guys still on this server? I've been getting back into WoW over the last week and am looking for people to raid BFA with

primesuspect
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

Thrall, horde side yes.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Hey @Tadarran !