The homebrew thread

1234568»

Comments

• mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@Linc said:
    I heard @UPSLynx is a beer. True?

True facts.

Linc
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@Linc said:
    I heard @UPSLynx is a beer. True?

I heard he was small time

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

@mertesn let us know how it goes, and if it takes the "fun" out of doing the mash and boil manually?

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    @mertesn let us know how it goes, and if it takes the "fun" out of doing the mash and boil manually?

I've never done an all-grain brew before, but it's a lot less hassle than an extract brew. The only real mess that got made was a bit of leftover wort hit the floor when removing the grain tub at the end. Other than that, no big deal.

@BuddyJ and @DeathJester and I enjoyed some local brew while watching the process. I'd say it was pretty fun.

The only down side to this model is the 2.5 gallon batch size, but given how easy and consistent the whole process is, it shouldn't be a problem to run back-to-back batches of the same recipe.

BuddyJDontCallMeKelso
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian

@mertesn nice! I sold mine :( But I used it for years if you have any questions!

Did you get it used?

@the_technocrat said:
    @mertesn nice! I sold mine :( But I used it for years if you have any questions!

Did you get it used?

No I bought it new quite some time ago. This was the first time I had a chance to use it.

Cool. With the right combo of fittings, you can put a counterflow chiller in-line between the Zymatic and the keg - cooling on the fly with intact warranty!

mertesnBuddyJ

Lesson #1: Enzymes are important, especially in gluten-free brewing. Batch #1 didn't ferment. At all.
    Lesson #2: Milling size is important. Too fine and your screen gets clogged and the bin overflows.

0/2 with the Picobrew, but at least I'm learning the major lessons now...

LincprimesuspectRyderoni_dels

@mertesn said:
    Lesson #1: Enzymes are important, especially in gluten-free brewing. Batch #1 didn't ferment. At all.

I have these 4oz bottles from when I was GF brewing. Want em? Just pay for shipping.

The Amg-300L says "expired", but I'm not sure how it expires.

BuddyJ

@the_technocrat PM sent