Page cannot be displayed. Again!

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited July 2011 in Community
I'm having problems getting to S-M. I click on an email link to a post and get 'page cannot' I click the link in favourites 'page cannot'
I have reset IE defaults, emptied cache, cleared history, deleted cookies, turned Zone alarm off, changed every setting I can think of, 'page cannot'. After I click on links in older emails I eventualy get here. This is ONLY happening with S-M and has been happening for the last 3 or 4 days. I've gone to the forum front page an added it again to my faves, doesn't make a differance. I get to anything else in favourites first time. Any ideas what's going on?

Comments

• Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited January 2004
    Tried rebooting your modem (I assume you have DSL or Cable or something...)?
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2004
    Done all that, like I said it only happenes with S-M.
    edited January 2004
    :hrm:

Well... (this is a shot in the dark mind you... I really have no idea what I'm talking about on this one...) could it be a DNS error? How long has it been doing this, and what fixed it before?
    edited January 2004
    Well it hasn't done it before, It started 3 or 4 days ago.
    edited January 2004
    Oh. I thought by "again" you meant that it had done this before.
    edited January 2004
    No, it just does it all the time now. Again and again and again!

ps, edited for clarity.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    can you do a traceroute and post the output?

go to command prompt and type traceroute short-media.com

also try traceroute www.short-media.com
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    The problem is related to NTL. I've had a total connection outage for two days.. and it's still flaky.

Im also getting page cannot be displayed. They are aware of the problem but it's an issue that keeps on cropping up. Transparent caches and faulty DNS. It's a total nightmare Mr B.. :(
    edited January 2004
    D'oh! ntl again? I wish there was an alternative, I really do.
    edited January 2004
    There is no real alternative.. unless you want to change to BT & DSL. From talking to people I know, it's not much better really :(
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    bothered wrote:
    D'oh! ntl again? I wish there was an alternative, I really do.

Its a shame its not a Telewest area you live in. I have had hardly any problems with my Blueyonder since I got it.
    edited January 2004
    Well, as suddenly as it started it has stopped. ntl must have fixed it.

ps, ntl don't get capitals, respect has to be earned!
    edited January 2004
    bothered wrote:
    ntl don't get capitals, respect has to be earned!

;D;D .. now thats funny :D
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    I have had some minor issues this morning. It would just seem to time out while loading the forum front page. Can't be a DNS issue as I am running my own, and it seems alright for the rest of the forum, just the front forum page.

One thing though, I never visit the actual S-M front because it takes AGES to load (the forums are fine, it's just s-m.com that is really slow).
    edited January 2004
    sm.com is always slow :(

Thats why it's being replaced in the near future! ;)
  • edited July 2011
    old thread , but i had it- "page cannot be displayed" -any and all the time, disabled windows firewall , seemed to get satisfaction but was a placebo, some pages were allowed to display- uninstalled AGV free, no change, uninstalled Sprint aircard, reinstalled , voila! ! ! fast as a fresh reformat! ! internet connection manager in the Sprint file was missing or corrupt-
    Sprint has reflashed this card to not load if a XP disc has no service packs (some later ones do)? but a small PC repair shop in lansing Mi has XP burned discs on hand with sp3 added for $10- my activation code, i can now reformat if need be