Avengers Endgame SPOILERS discussion

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Going for a second spin tonight.

And yeah, definitely fat suit/prosthetic, the arms were not great.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

I will be seeing it again at Noon on Saturday.

Second spin was as good as the first, even if the emotional events didn't hit me nearly as hard as the first time around.

I missed Howard the Duck, but I've heard he's in there.

Didn't notice anything new except for human nature.

During the big battle, any one of them could have snapped/clapped/slapped/fapped Thanos into oblivion like Tony ended up doing, but as most of them are (mostly) human, they suffered from not seeing the forest. They were so singularly focused on stopping Thanos and keeping the iron gauntlet away from him that they couldn't see that they would have been able to use the gauntlet to do it until all hope was lost, no other options remained. That's the curse of the audience, though, we're able to see things the ones experiencing the battle can't.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

It was an awful fatsuit.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2019

Thanos acting like he's never picked up the sticks before. Cap comboing like crazy here.

https://i.imgur.com/9HDSupp.mp4

Edit: lol posting image link from mobile RIP in pepperonies

RyanMMSoda

@NiGHTS said:
    Thanos acting like he's never picked up the sticks before. Cap comboing like crazy here.

https://i.imgur.com/9HDSupp.mp4

Edit: lol posting image link from mobile RIP in pepperonies

I am gonna watch that 500 times and I'm gonna watch it 500 more

edited May 2019

Just got back from my second viewing. Even knowing what was going to happen it was still amazing. The portals opening up still gave me goosebumps.

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Gonna see this in IMAX today :)

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

Cap with Mjolnir made it for me.

primesuspectRyanMM
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

Some fun box office numbers this Monday night:

After merely a week and a half, Endgame has earned 2.2 BILLION dollars globally. Less than two weeks. It is securely placed in the #2 spot for all-time box office earnings Globally. 2nd only to AVATAR, at 2.78B.

Picture 2009 me, so hype about AVATAR's success and records broken. It took that film nearly a year to get to 2.78 billion dollars Globally with re-releases, various special 3D and IMAX viewings, etc. Also, the bizarro world of 10 years ago where streaming and on-demand didn't exist, and you HAD to go to the cinema for next level 3D experiences in large format. Nearly a year to get to that number under those limitations.

Endgame is very likely going to surpass that number in less than a month.

Insanity. I seriously cannot believe it.

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

I still don't like Avatar, I really really really want Endgame to unseat it for all-time box-office earnings before month's end.

RyanMM
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I never liked Avatar. It was a garbage movie with completely forgettable characters. I can't remember one salient plot point or character from the movie. I remember that the blue people were called Na'vi and that Bobby was horny for them.

RyanMMUPSLynxBuddyJBobbyDigi

okay, I guess getting old is weird, because I absolutely do not remember liking this movie, but here's the proof that I guess I loved it? Foot, meet mouth? I guess?

GnomeQueenRyderRyanMMUPSLynx

In my defense, that was my second date with Nicole and I was absolutely in FUCKING LA LA LAND about everything, so.... :skeptic:

DontCallMeKelsoGnomeQueenRyder
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2019

@primesuspect said:
    In my defense, that was my second date with Nicole

@primesuspect said:
    literally gripping the edge of my seat

:wtf:

UPSLynxSoda

RyanMMSoda

Nebula's character arc cannot be written off. She really evolved in the last few films and watching her smoke her past self with no hesitation was a great moment.

I really did love the dynamic between her and Gamora in Guardians 2. Perfectly executed family drama in a superhero space comedy isn't something you really see that often.

RyanMM

@RyanMM said:
    Nebula's character arc cannot be written off. She really evolved in the last few films and watching her smoke her past self with no hesitation was a great moment.

I agree.

@AlexDeGruven said:
    I really did love the dynamic between her and Gamora in Guardians 2. Perfectly executed family drama in a superhero space comedy isn't something you really see that often.

GotG2 was so much of a movie. This 30+ minute video is needed to explain all the subtext that I grokked on some levels and subconsciously but couldn't quite flesh out at a conscious level.

AlexDeGruven
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi

GnomeQueenRyanMMSodaLinc
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

Over analyzing minor details for fun.

When you can't wait for the bluray

@DontCallMeKelso said:
    When you can't wait for the bluray

Just watching this gives me the chills. I need to see this movie about 5x more.

Cliff_Forster
  • Pondering all the success of the MCU, a little history lesson that I thought interesting.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited June 2019

It's happening

RyanMM
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

RyanMM