John Wick 3

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited May 2019 in Movies & TV

With Speed, Keanu became an action movie star.

After The Matrix, he belonged on any Top 20 list of action movie actors.

By the time the John Wick series is over, he will belong at the top of any such list. Fight me (with a fucking pencil).

So hyped to see part 3. Re-watched 1 last night and watching 2 tonight with @Aaron for, uh, the plot refresher. Yes, for the plot. (Does this movie even need a spoiler thread? I think not.)

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

John Wick kills people. So I've been told.

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Rewatched chapter one and two over the last two nights, going to see three tonight. So hype.

• AaronAaron Member

Something about a dog...?

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

You guys, chapter 3 was fucking amazing.

MAGIC
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

My favorite part was when he killed that guy.

Aaron
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited May 2019

Last night @cola and I spent a good 20 minutes after watching John Wick 2 analyzing the throws and grabs used in the movie. tl;dr they do stuff that looks more impressive but takes way more energy, and while he seems keen to shoot people in the knees/feet he doesn't seem to know you can very efficiently kick people there too. :p Also, everyone is very respectful of each other's hair and eyes, aside from once or twice when they make a big show of it.

I guess it makes bad cinema if the bad guy takes a step to punch and you just crush his knee and that's the end of the fight. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RyanMM
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian

@DontCallMeKelso said:

Agreed with the exception of two scenes:

Both of the parts where Zero broke character. They would have been great for an outtake, but they just didn't fit the mood of the movie.

DontCallMeKelsoRyanMM
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

@mertesn said:

@DontCallMeKelso said:

Agreed with the exception of two scenes:

Both of the parts where Zero broke character. They would have been great for an outtake, but they just didn't fit the mood of the movie.

I dunno, I viewed that as a subversion of how he was expected to behave.

Broken English when the Adjudicator shows up as a customer, smooth assassin after learning who she is, and raving fanboy when given a chance to interact with John privately.

On one hand I wasn't sure if

the fanboy routine was sincere or if he was just trolling John, but I'm gonna lean towards "genuine fanboy."

I thought it was a funny gag.

MAGICTushon
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Still haven't seen any of them, despite the easy cosplay oppo.

RyanMM