Expo 2019 - Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

MassalinieMassalinie _k's WaifuTexas Icrontian
edited May 2019 in Events

Bomb Defusal Competition

Introducing for the first time at Expo: Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

Who Can Play
EVERYONE.

You do not need to be good at video games, you do not need to bring anything to participate.

This game is easy to learn, super fun and suitable for any skill level. If you can operate a mouse and keyboard, you can play. If you can't, you can still be on the defusal squad!

The Game
One person on your team has a bomb in front of them while the rest of your team has the manual. Only the defuser can see the bomb, and they are the only one who can not see the manual. You must communicate with each other in order to defuse the bomb before it explodes.

This is a PC-tabletop hybrid. The bomb will be on a screen which only the defuser can see and interact with. The rest of the team will have a paper manual.

What to Bring
Just your wonderful self (and your friends)!

You may download the manual here, but copies will be provided: http://www.bombmanual.com/

The Competition
Many bombs will explode and teams compete against the clock, rather than each other. Thus this is more of a ladder than a tournament. All teams will complete the same number of rounds and scoring will be based on total # of bombs defused, and shortest total defusal time. You'll need to stick around until the end of the event or else abandon your team!

Now Hiring
I am currently looking for one person to assist in the running of this event to enable us to run two games simultaneously. If you are interested, please PM me.

GargLinc

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

I'll lend a hand.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

I'm also very interested in helping run this event. I tried to get this game going regularly at work, but never got it to stick and missed it during IC's first foray.

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

Thanks guys. I also got a message from Digi. @Tushon If you (or anyone else) have a copy of the game, I might appreciate borrowing your steam login for the event. We also need a second machine on which to run it. For assistance during the event, I just need one person to run half the teams in the basement.

I've got a copy already on Steam and will have my laptop with me, but can also login on someone else's computer.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

*cough*

@Massalinie said:
    .... If you are interested, please PM me.

*cough*

To answer your questions Masi, I've never played and I do not own the game. Looks like Tushon has an account we can use though.

-Digi

🤷 PMs are for private things

• MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I mean, this works too. I just figured more in depth planning convo would be better outside the thread, but we haven't gotten that far yet 😆

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian

Sounds fun.

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

Interested in playing :)

Massalinie