Final Fantasy VII

CantiCanti =/= smalltimehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

OH SHIT SON IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING

[Deleted User]

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Sorry. Too late. I'm over Final Fantasy now.

[Deleted User]
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

So much grunting.

[Deleted User]
  • JudahTCJudahTC Ballsdeep with Cola Member

I'm looking forward to this. It looks great. I am curious as to how they are going to deal with some of the subject matter of the game that probably hasn't aged well. I am not excited about the rumors of the game releasing in multiple parts.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@CB said:
    Sorry. Too late. I'm over Final Fantasy now.

I was never into them in the first place. I don't think I've ever played one.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I made this for this video.

Canti
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian

@JudahTC said:
    I am not excited about the rumors of the game releasing in multiple parts.

Yeah, I just read that it's going to be a multiple game release with the first one taking place entirely in Midgar. I'm hopeful that this means the city is drastically expanded upon in a good way. At the same time I'm thinking, they've been teasing this for almost 10 years holy shit since 2005! And after all this time we're only getting a part of the game that casually takes 4-6 hours to play through in the original. If they manage to turn such a small chunk of the original game into a modern full length game of its' own and do it well that's awesome but with that in mind. To give the same treatment to the rest of the original game has the potential to be one of the most ambitious game projects of all time and as such has so many ways things could go wrong but I am optimistic.

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

@Canti said:

@JudahTC said:
    I am not excited about the rumors of the game releasing in multiple parts.

And after all this time we're only getting a part of the game that casually takes 4-6 hours to play through in the original. If they manage to turn such a small chunk of the original game into a modern full length game of its' own and do it well that's awesome but with that in mind.

They were saying at E3 that they aim for each "game" of the remake to be the length of a fully featured game. If they pull that off, great, but I really doubt it. Full game in Final Fantasy terms is, what, 80+ hours? There's just no way.

My bigger concern, however, is the length of time it'll take them to make each game. Are we going to be waiting anoter 5-6 years to get the next game (that'll likely end at the Disc 1 end, aka "THAT" Aeris scene.). We're gonna finish playing this remake in 2030 at this pace.

I'm still super hype and I love all that they showed at E3. I've wanted this since I was a kid basically. I just hope I still care by the time they finish it all.

• GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

And if the first one under-sells or under-delivers, will the next one get made?

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

The year is 2032. Fans have been waiting patiently for Final Fantasy VII-3, which covers Cosmo Canyon to the City of the Ancients. Most of the people that actually played the original 1997 version are getting towards retirement age. Those second-gen fans who fell in love with the game during the remake era have started to forget why they loved the game in the first place and have gone on to start families, change careers, and have new hobbies.

In 2051, by the time Final Fantasy VII-5, the journey to Shinra No. 26 and the Battle with Sephiroth comes out, nobody cares anymore.

RyanMMUPSLynx
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Oh wait, are we talking Final Fantasy or Half-Life... I forget

RyanMM
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian

Also,

You have to go back to Midgar at various points in the game and it's different each time you go back. Are we talking about having the entire setting from the first game nested within the setting of the next games?

UPSLynx
  • KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Ahh fuck it. I am not going to worry one way or another about how they do it. I am going to go into the game excited for being a new game and not the same as the game I played as wee lad. Worrying about how they might pull it off isn't going to do me any good.

• KarmaKarma Likes yoga Icrontian

Also excite for the renewed increase in Tifa cosplay.

primesuspectRyanMMSoda_k