Spider-Man Far From Home SPOILERS discussion
primesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
in Movies & TV
I loved it. I can't really imagine an MCU movie that I wouldn't love at this point. They just get it right every time.
- Mysterio was a fantastic villain. I loved the mid-movie plot twist rather than some big dramatic reveal in the third act.
- The love story was super cute, appropriately awkward-teen, and not over-done.
- The scene where Peter was using Stark's machine to build a new suit, with Happy wistfully watching him hit me hard.
- Ned is always perfect.
- TONS of web-swinging and acrobatics, just the right kind of Spider-Man movie. This is what we come for.
- I'm super glad Mysterio revealed who he is at the end. The plot point of anonymity has run its course and the world needs a new Avenger and I'm glad it's over and we all know.
- THE DAILY BUGLE. J. JONAH JAMESON. J.K. SIMMONS. It all comes back full circle!
- The post-post end credits scene. HOLY SHIT SKRULLS. A nice tee-up for Phase 4. Are the Skrulls in SHIELD now?
I had a grin on my face from beginning to end. I went alone and the dude who sat next to me and I were hooting and hollaring and high-fiving by the end of it.
And for those familiar with Agents of SHIELD: I SWEAR Nick Fury was in TAHITI at the end. It's a magical place.
Also: THE BLIP? THE BLIP?
I totally thought it was Tahiti as well. It was such a good movie from start to finish.
That fucking joke that Talos makes about not realizing Mysterio was putting them on the entire time was perfect.
I'm sort of concerned about what they're gonna do with a 3rd Spidey movie, if they do one, I enjoyed that we were seeing him grow up, go to school, and just figuring out being Spidey still. Now that his identity is out there and people are gonna question him, he can't go to school anymore, he can't do the normal stuff that was making these movies fun.
Let's not forget the Peter-tingle.
I was dying at all the Peter Tingle talk
I like the Aunt May/Happy relationship, or whatever it is, the two of them are the best support characters for the heroes.
I've been thinking about what they're gonna do with the Skrulls, I don't see how they could do secret invasion if they're technically the good guys now?
Phase 4 is gonna be a lot of fun
Oh man, that was so much fun. They did such a good job on everything.
I really loved all the little things in this movie that made it great.
Ned and Betsy
Flash getting busted on the plane "Ma'am, he was blipped, so he's actually only 16"
The marching band blipping back onto the basketball court in the middle of the game
Happy watching Peter Tony it up
The Peter Tingle™
J. B. Smoove!
Peter giving May and Happy 'the talk'
I'm glad we went to see it without the younger ones, first, as the big holographic conflict with Mysterio would have been too intense for them. It was almost too much for the oldest. But now we can take them and we know when to cover some ears/eyes.
I don't want an Iron Man replacement. It seems what they're setting spiderman up for and I want none of it.
I wonder if there's any significance to Talos saying "I thought it was top-secret information that there were Kree sleeper cells..."
In the comics Reed Richards and Peter Parker are sort of the father and son kindered spirits, two nerds that solve more problems with their minds than their fists. They took that relationship and morphed it into Stark and Parker which makes good sense. I actually thought the best part of the entire film was when Peter was building his armor and Happy just watching him work with a smile on his face.