IC Minecraft is BACK!

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
edited August 2019 in Minecraft

That's right! If you don't frequent the Icrontic Discord you may not have known that we have started hosting a community Minecraft server. We are currently playing Java 1.13.2 which is the latest stable build. The server IP is currently 216.54.107.142:25565.

Current admins are @BobbyDigi, @RyanFodder, @ecast and myself. Please PM us here or on the IC discord with issues.

Enjoy!

LincMassalinie

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

What’s the rules/mood of this server? Are we building elaborate shit / respecting build areas, or is it just 🤷‍♂️ adventure mode?

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited July 2019

Thus far we haven't had to implement any rules other than just generally being courteous to other people's things. Right now we are playing purely survival with no mods whatsoever and a few of us are pretty focused on some large automatic farms and Redstone stuff.

I guess if I had to make some rules on the fly they would be as follows

1. No racist or generally harming language will be tolerated at all.
    2. No intentional greifing
    3. Ask before taking resources from other people's chests
    4. No crazy Redstone builds or animal farms within 200 blocks of spawn
      (this area is always loaded into the server's resources and can cause major lag)
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Is there a whitelist?

• sazboomsazboom White Lake MI Icrontian

Got on this weekend with Sazkid during expo and just had a blast making stuff with her. Thanks @Sonorous for setting up this server!

@AlexDeGruven said:
    Is there a whitelist?

No whitelist. Just make sure you are using Java 1.13.2

@sazboom said:
    Got on this weekend with Sazkid during expo and just had a blast making stuff with her. Thanks @Sonorous for setting up this server!

Glad to hear!

I have also disabled the setting that keeps the spawn chunks loaded so build anywhere you like. Initial loading times when you join the server might be a bit longer now though.

Joining up now. I would highly recommend a whitelist, as it will get noticed eventually.

1.14.3 is out now, btw

@AlexDeGruven said:
    1.14.3 is out now, btw

Yeah and Paper has a 1.14.3 build out as well, but the devs are still working on a ton of bugs with it. 1.14 was really really rushed by Mojang and I'm still a little leery of pulling the trigger on the upgrade.

nbd. The new launcher makes it really easy to go back and forth

Few updates on the server this morning.

We now are running a Whitelist on the server. I think I have everyone added, but if I missed you, just ask a mod to add you. Other big news is that I decided to upgrade us to 1.14.3 this morning. I would STRONGLY recommend to refrain from building or doing anything important for a few days. 1.14 is still really buggy and I might roll the server back if something catastrophic happens.

Massalinie
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

"Livin' on the edge!"

Sonorous
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2019

I can haz whitelist?

I will need your username to add to the whitelist please.

Serry, same as here Creeperbane2

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Is there a world map being exported and posted any where?

@Creeperbane2 You have been added.

@_k I don't have a map plugin running. Server is running really really good with 1.14.3, so I don't think I am going to press out luck with dynamap or something.

Are the farms by spawn public domain, or owned, and are we doing a spawn town of any kind?

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

Most farms are for public use. Try to leave them in as good or better condition that you found them.

No particular town or the like. Find some land you like and build if you want. Otherwise, just try to respect others builds.

Mine on.

-Digi

Sonorous

Server has a new IP address of 216.54.107.142:25565. I had fiber installed at the office so I had to get a new static IP address.

BobbyDigi
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

Can you whitelist Massalinie? @Sonorous

Sonorous

1.14.4 is out. I will update the server later today most likely. Going to lurk the Paper Discord a bit and watch for major bugs.

Server has been updated to 1.14.4. Please update your clients!

BobbyDigi

Three questions. 1, has anyone found a village near spawn, 2 if so is it claimed, 3 does milk remove the bad omen debuff. I ask all three because damn pillagers man! the plains are lousy with them.

I'm living in a village South of spawn, but I'm about to build a house a ways away due to my building a spawner too close to my bed/living area.

Massalinie
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian

Can I get added?

geeklimit

Thanks!

Sonorous

Is there some kind of map of the currently-explored server? Would love to build near-ish to some folks, but not 100% sure where that should be.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

No map currently and most of us have built kinda far from each other. I consider Fort Kick Ass to be the center of the world. If you are at spawn there is a giant staircase with a sky bridge going off in the distance. Follow that (bring a sack lunch, it's a trek) to Fort Kick Ass. Most everything there is public use but it is also the boss' (Sono) base.

Feel free to hit us up here or in discord #cubeshens with any questions.

-Digi