Icrontic Oktoberfest 2019: Oct 24-27

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited July 2019 in Events

As always, ICHQ in Detroit will be hosting Icrontic Oktoberfest the weekend before Halloween. We'll have our costume party Saturday night immediately following dinner (usually a massive pizza delivery). Do let us know if you're coming, and whether you'll be staying in the attic, so we know how to prepare (as if we ever could). No formal schedule outside of the costume party and non-stop boardgaming and ad hoc shenanigans as usual.

I do have Thu/Fri off work, so feel free to come as early as Thursday morning if you want. Staying as late as Sunday evening is fine. If you'd like to be here earlier/later, PM me.

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Tentative in for my usual Thu/Fri swing by. Probably not crashing. Will update if that changes.

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

There will be a beer tasting and the theme will be chosen in part by the people who are most likely to attend. Get your plans cemented ASAP if you like beer.

SodaCycloniteVioletRiot
  • SodaSoda Ann Arbor, MI Icrontian

My anti stout/IPA crusade commences.

BBA Belgians/Tripels/Saisons (Allagash Curieux, pls)

Soda
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2019

In!

//Edit: Flying in Thursday, and leaving Monday. I'm covered on accommodations. :)

primesuspectLinc
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

I mean... Of course.

CycloniteRyderLinc
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

Definitely, its been way too long since I've been to Detroit <3

Linc
  • @RyanMM lets crack some Belgian Bois. dubbels, strong ales, that kind of a thing. OH, also, you know what I still have? A HF Aaron B2...... I'm just saying.

I have:

A Curieux

An Expo '14-brewed BBA Quad

Potentially (very small quantity if I can get my hands on a bottle) a mango hibiscus saison (not BBA).

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I think what you mean to say is:

Any chance of getting some Urban Ramen and/or Roccos?

VioletRiotSodaRyder
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

The answer you're looking for is: Yes, whatever you're after either we have it or have upgraded~

RyanFodder
  • Hi, remember me? I'm in this year. Been a whiiiiiiile... Also if you want any yoga classes, I got you covered.

colaprimesuspectLincWinfrey
  • SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

@sazboom and I = in, maybe even a sazkid

primesuspectLinc
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

maybe

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

We'll super appreciate the company of anyone that makes it in for this, too.

RyanMMMassalinie
  • I'll be attending. Will figure out further plans later.

WinfreyLincThraxMassaliniecola
  • MassalinieMassalinie _k's Waifu Texas Icrontian

I'll be there! Thursday - Sunday; count me in for attic crashing.

Also there have been requests for bagelling...

LincThraxWinfrey
  • sneakypurplessneakypurples Detroit Icrontian

I’ll be there the 23 to the 29, hugs and massages for all, you choose the level of awkwardness💕

LincMezzanine

And /out. Brother, sis-in-law, and babby coming to visit that weekend.

I'll try and loop around for ICNY

primesuspectGarg
  • maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian

We are in fri-sun, driving as usual, requesting room at the house. See y’all soon!

LincThraxprimesuspectGarg
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2019

Last year I did a surprise arrival. This year, no surprises. I'll be there!

I'm currently planning on Fri-Sun. Might come Thursday.

Linc - I plan on sleeping in the attic. Dibs on a bed, cot, or at least floor space for a bed roll. Thanks! :)

LincprimesuspectGarg
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian

I was hoping we'd make it for this, but something came up. Will visit ICHQ soon with baby hugs and love. <3

primesuspectGarg
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian

Looks like I may actually be able to make it. Tentatively booked a room, would be showing up sometime Friday afternoon/evening if everything works out.

LincWinfreyprimesuspectGarg
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian

Update: I really wanted to come this year and be with everyone, especially considering Kyle's passing I wanted to see everyone and cry and hug... but some things came up. In particular a close friend fucked up and is now in jail. I rescued his cat from his apartment yesterday (he lives alone) and needs a new home as I don't think my buddy will get out for a while.

The cat is adorable and is only 1 year old. But apparently it's right after kitten season and all the rescue shelters are inundated with cats right now. And I don't feel comfortable leaving this cat alone while I'm gone. He's stressed enough as it is.

So yeah. I'm pretty stressed and bummed right now. In the meantime, if any of you are interested in a cute lil tabby cat that is neutered and current on shots, or know someone who might be interested, let me know. He's very playful, will follow you around, likes to chase the laser dot, and even plays fetch with his favorite toy over and over. You throw it down the hall and down the stairs and he'll retrieve it for you.

BlackHawkcolaRyderGnomeQueenChoochThrax