Looking for new Laptop, need Help

jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian

Hey gang, I've out of the loop on specs on PC hardware for a while now. The names they give to the hardware these days give no incite on performance.

What I'm looking for and what I will use it for

3d modeling(Fusion 360 and/or Solidworks)

Lite gaming. I do plan on playing Borderlands 3 this year and playing the games at Expo, but that really all the gaming I do these days

General PC shit. Youtube, browser, word and excel docs.

I've been looking at a Dell Inspiron 14 5000. It's got AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Vega 10 Graphics, 8GB, 2x4GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, 256GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive

It's $650.00

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian

As far as modeling, I do not know what software gets used for that, but if a MacBook Pro 15" will run that, it will do for 5-6 years minimum of modeling. You can update the SSD drive to 2 TB if you want to. Steam runs on MacBook Pros as well as Macs.

Your specs are generally good, so-so for your goals of modeling but the SSD is way too small. I would also opt for 16 or more GB DDR4.

Look at Lenovo Thinkpad P and T series and Apple MacBook Pro refurbs, please.

Here is a Lenovo P series that should work:

Lenovo ThinkPad P50 20En 15.6" Notebook, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, NVIDIA Quadro M2000M, Black (20EN001SUS)

this was not a link but it is on Amazon.

edited October 2019

On Lenovo.com look for thinkpad or thinkbook computers . The P50 series should work. They are having a sale on P series.

A mac mini is not a laptop, but if you search BH.com for a mac mini, you will find a Apple mac mini (late 2018) for 1009.00. It has all the power you are looking for.

• jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian

Thanks for the comments, I'll check them out.

ok, good luck.

2018 Lenovo ThinkPad P50 15.6' Notebook Intel Quad Core I7-6700HQ Upto 3.5G,NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 2G,Webcam,1920x1080,16G,1T,USB3.0,HDMI,Mini DP,W10P64,Support-English/Spanish(Renewed)

This is a refurb with a 90 day warranty. On Amazon, 899.99 plus tax.

One more thing, that Thinkpad will take the Crucial SSD I have been talking about.