Devil’s Hall (Wed)

White Sands (Thu)

JokkeGarg
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

This looks like a ton of fun.

LincSazbean
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2020

I just want to live in a city called *Truth or Consequences*. I've never wanted anything as much as I want this.

LincWagsFTWSazbean
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian

What a weird town name. Of course I researched it, and it used to be named Hot Spring, until being renamed Truth or Consequences, after a radio show in the 1950s. So weird. Love it.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/how-did-the-city-of-truth-or-consequences-new-mexico-get-its-name.html

The change of name from Hot Spring to Truth or Consequences is credited to Ralph Edwards who hosted a radio quiz program on NBC Radio named “Truth or Consequences.” In March 1950, Ralph promised to air this show from a town that would change its name to match the name of the program.

LincGnomeQueen
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited February 2020

Friday the 17th brought us to Seguaro National Park (which Nicole swears is pronounced “swar-row”) where we did a lot if hiking among the cacti. We saw some great views, found some great creeks and rivers, and I played a lot of Pokemon because the whole thing was covered by signal & every trail sign was a stop or gym. 😁

I’ll be back to update the rest once I have my laptop again. Image management is driving me crazy.

IlriyasStraight_ManBobbyDigiMassalinie
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian

I think I just added another State and another national park to my hiking bucket list. Looks like a ton of fun!