Straight_Man passes 10 Million pts.

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian

Next I got a big WU that nomally would run through the afternoon and the night and finish early in the morning, but the power went out and I lost that one. So, low points coming for today.

edited January 2020

Very low points for yesterday and early today. They were testing the backup generator here.

edited January 2020

10,516,083 pts.

10,529,193 pts.

10,533,387 pts.

edited January 2020

😎@MrTRiot 10,500,000 points past. 😎

MrTRiot
    edited January 2020

10,555,257 pts.

10,568,781 points.

10,572,715 pts.

edited January 2020

10,601,359 pts.

edited January 2020

10,613,773 pts.

10,645,437 pts.

10,649,826 pts.

Without help, I am unable to continue folding-- Ubuntu no longer allows the needed archives to download and install. I did a purging of client and fahcontrol.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

I'm confused. If everything was running perfectly, why did you uninstall it?

• BlueTattooBlueTattoo Boatbuilder Houston, TX Icrontian

I am also folding on Ubuntu 18.04.3. I had trouble getting it to run when I tried to use the GUI package manager to install it. I don't think everything installed. I ran sudo apt remove in the terminal and then sudo apt install on the same package. That set it up for CPU folding with no manual steps except adding the Team, Username, and Passkey. I had to manually add the GPU, but you don't need that. If you first installed it like I did, try installing again from the terminal. I'd try it without uninstalling first just to see if it might add a couple of missings components. Reboot and see if it's working.

OK, I am stuck-- I had it running until canonical rolled out packages for new version (subversion) took away older Python. Then FAHControl could no longer hook up to the local client.

@BlueTattoo I think I now have had to wipe FAH pckg's at least three times, and reinstalled them 2 times. The last time I installed them, I installed only FAHClient and FAHControl. I think the client code is written in Python 2 or partly in Python 3 also, and I have yet to learn that programming language.

Correct, I have an APU so I do not need a GPU setup. Yes, the GUI package installer does not get FAH packages installed right.

No, I cannot manually install them after the last update set which I know crashed folding. The client will no longer install. I tried booting in Ubuntu advanced mode even. Then I reinstalled the client first after purging it-- no go.

Canonical did not answer my questions, in fact what they said was to get Redhat if I wanted to fold. Apparently they do not wish to support FAH any more.

Wow. My machine says that it has an update waiting, so it may break, too. I had heard that they were dropping support for Python 2.x, but didn't think about it affecting me. I'll have to look into it. We might need a Snap package that has all the old stuff built in. Not much chance that someone will be publishing that. I don't think that it's something I can do. I won't be going to RedHat.

edited January 2020

Me neither, as far as RedHat goes. Canonical also published and pushed out kernel updates. 18.04.3 was supposed to be STABLE until 2023-- with the updating Canonical is doing it is more like they are abandoning 18.04.3 features.

OK, I had to purge fahcontrol and fahclient twice and do an sudo apt full-upgrade to get the packages FAH now needs as underlying packages. And, I got python3 in the process of doing the full upgrade.

Fahclient is now set to automatically start when Ubuntu loads.

I did the update and rebooted even though it didn't require it. FAH came up and is running okay. Hope yours is fixed.

Yes, fixed. 10,660,058 points now. And yes, I did both a hard boot and a reboot after the update. folding works again. YAY!!!!!!!!!!

primesuspectBlueTattoo

10,692,003 pts, folding.

edited February 2020

10,700,329 pts.

10,712,844 pts.

10,740,586 pts.

10,758,130 pts. (FAH)