!SPOILERS DISCUSSION THREAD! Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

13»

Comments

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I wouldn't say it was lost, I just didn't feel it was as out front as a kiss would lead you to believe.

But, and this has come up in Discord before, I'm also notoriously bad at reading signals. So there's that.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Sorry @CB there was TONS of sexual chemistry between these two characters. It was particularly rampant in The Last Jedi

Canti
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

Hey! I saw it with Tess, and she agreed that the kiss felt out of place. It wasn't just me!

LincprimesuspectRyder
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

What no one else saw was that force babby that Ben put inside Rey. It wasn't just healing power!

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian

He didn't have to use the force, he kissed her. That's how you get pregnant, right?

Cliff_ForsterRyanFodder
  • I, too, thought the kiss was unnecessary to tell the story. Although from the shout of "GET IT, GIRL!" punctuating the awkward silence from the other side of the theater, I guess it has its fans.

I enjoyed a lot of the aspects of this movie regardless. The focus on Chewbacca and C3PO, and the return of Lando were all heartwarming.

The little cone-headed wheeled robot really didn't make any sense to me. Beyond potential merchandising, can anyone explain what was the point of that thing being added at all? It seems that so much ground needed to be covered by this movie that the robot could have been skipped in favor of more actual plot development.

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian

How dare you slander actual shwaipbot

CantiGHoosdumStraight_Man
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian

That bot was one of my favorite parts of the film.

NO, THANK YOU

LincGargMiracleManS
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian

That bot was Rocky. They plagiarized Rocky and made him a robot.

GHoosdumLincRyanMM
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

First of all his name is D-O

HOLY DIVE-AH!

Past that he was the link between Rey's parents obduction and the current timeline. We know that Palpatine wanted Rey alive because of him which could be taken as Palpatine using Kylo Ben to get to Rey the whole time.

-Digi

• RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian

I always felt the relationship between Rey and Kylo was abusive as hell so the idea of Kylo redemption or romance was inherently a no-go for me.

CB
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
  • So as I'm watching this clip, the "OK Boomer?" part comes on and my phone activates, thinking someone said "OK Google" to it.

BobbyDigi
  • DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian

I thought it was super disappointing.
    Zombie palpatine, Rey being related to him, the zombie star destoryer fleet and the star destroyer with a "death star" type weapon..

This is seriously the worst movie of the series....