Pandemic Playtime: The Icrontic Grand Prix

SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

Get your wheels, controllers and keyboards prepped. Radio your pit crew. Icrontic is going racing this Wednesday, April 22nd at 8pm ET (7CT 6PT) with RaceRoom Racing Experience.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/RaceRoom_Racing_Experience/

It's a free racing simulator that's welcoming to all levels of players, even those new to racing sims. No special equipment is needed just show up and blast around a few tracks with us.

Each race track will have a 10 minute practice round, 5 minutes to get in a qualifying lap and a 20 minute race. We have 4 tracks to play on and a few car choices. Everyone will be racing in a similar car to keep things fair. The game itself has all kinds of driving assistance built-in so you can talor the racing to your level and I have the server set to allow user choice of driving aids.

The game itself is fairly large so if you plan of participation (40gb) and I would recommend downloading it in advance. I'll update this thread (and discord) with the server information tomorrow.

primesuspectLincbanjoholdnsharkBobbyDigi

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian

The server is up and running. You can search for it in the in-game server browser by looking for
    Pandemic Playtime: Grand Prix
    The password for the server is
    icrontic
    All lower case.

Over the next few days feel free to hop on and hoon about the tracks.

_kprimesuspect
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian

Fight me in wheels!

primesuspectBuddyJ
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian

I got it installed today and jumped in to tweak settings and such (keyboard only atm, didn't feel like getting my wheel rig setup). Noticed that when you play for free, you only have a handful of cars/tracks/disciplines to play.

If the server has paid content, do all participants have to buy that content as well, or are we able to play it regardless? I've only got the Saleen S7 for the GT3 class (my favorite sim racing discipline) and 4 tracks as a free user. Feel like that'll get stale after awhile and I'm willing to buy in for more content if we play it, just not sure how it works in online MP.

As it stands right now, we're only playing free content. Just for participations sake right now I'm not going to enable any content on the server that requires users to pay.

Also, after all the kinks are worked out I probably will not be leaving the server up except for the day prior to race day and the actual race day. (Power ain't cheap especially during a pandemic)

We did a little pre-raceday hoooning last night and I made some notes. There seems to be a little more interest in this event than I had anticipated, which is awesome! So to keep the interest up I think our first race day will include one track only. 30 minutes of practice, 15 minutes to get a qualifying lap and then a 20 minute race. After those are done, we will stay on the same track but race on a different configuration of it with the same rule set. I'll have the server on again all day today and tomorrow before I reset everything for the race.

_k
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Traction control off? Never even once.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

I use TC and ABS as crutches for not having the real feel of being in the car. Though the "Factory TC only" option feels pretty good and will let some slippage go, which is nice. Just keeps things from getting redic out of hand when there's not real feedback.

_k
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

I don't get it. The game will not launch for me.

Server is now live for the event!

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian

next one Im in for sure.

We will be racing on Sepang this week!

http://game.raceroom.com/store/tracks/all/sepang

Same format as last week

Server info:
    Pandemic Playtime: Grand Prix
    Pass: icrontic

Server will be live on Tuesday 28th and Wednesday the 29th.

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

Oh man, that grand prix config looks brutal. Gonna be a good time.

• I'll be there next week boys and gals

This Wednesday the 6th we will be racing on the Portimao circuit in the Formula RR Jr car.

In addition this next week I will be instating some rules to keep the races clean and fair for everyone.

Players who intentionally cut corners or ram will be issued a SINGLE verbal warning. After one warning I will remove you from the current race. If it continues, I'll remove players from the remaining races for that week.

ChoochMassalinie
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

uh oh 😂

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian

Tried to do a race with those cars and had major issues overshooting or maintaining grip in high speed turns.

UPSLynxChooch
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

I don't appreciate you running a race that requires us to rely on skill. Totally unfair and I will not participate in any event where I am expected to follow rules to level the playing field! I want to speak to your manager!

Sincerely,

Karen

RyanFodder

Only two days left to get this game on an insanely good discount. Pandemic Grand Prix will probably be moving to Project Cars 2. So if you want to race with us now is the best time to get in on the fun. https://store.steampowered.com/app/378860/

Were switching race sims! All proceeding Pandemic Races will be in Project Cars 2.
    The Pandemic Grand Prix for Wednesday May 13 will be in road E cars. Tracks are Algarve, Brands Hatch and Watkins Glen. I think we will try the same format, 30 minutes to practice, 15 minutes to qualify and 15 lap race.

I won't be around to facilitate tomorrow's race, nor have a play tested anything.

Starting next week we will be moving race day to Fridays, first one being June 5th at 9:30pm Est.

RyanFodderBobbyDigi