Trivia Night 2020

TushonTushon I'm scared, CoachAlexandria, VA Icrontian
edited May 2020 in Events

@Annes and I had the pleasure of participating in a "pub trivia" via our office game master earlier today. We want to run this for others now because a) it was delightful, and b) we don't have to prep anything but a couple of Google forms. We've got the presentation and the technology. Who's in for a trivia night that isn't Jackbox, but still involving murder?

Register your interest below and I'll be getting something on the calendar for a week or so from now. I'm open to preformed teams, but randomization is possible and was fun.

EDIT: suggested time: Friday, May 29 8P or 9P EDT? Not too late on our side of the US, and not too early for West Coasties?
Links for me and Anne, will not be accessible to others: Signup and Drive Folder

Massalinie

Comments

• elyxandraelyxandra St. Catharines, Ontario Icrontian

Sounds great! I'm in :)

• ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian

I'm scared, Coach... but also in.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

Let's do it betches

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian

what are we going to be using? Zoom/Discord? I think I'm in.

• maliamalia Sconnie Nation Icrontian
    edited May 2020

Sounds like fun! In!

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian

I'm interested!

• MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian

In

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

I am also the ins.

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

in

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

In
    Also if you need any assistance, hit me up. I have quite a collection of trivia game cards I have amassed for lots of different topics.
    -Digi

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

@Winfrey we used Zoom (for easy breakout rooms to collaborate with your team) and I think I would recommend it vs Discord for this purpose.

@BobbyDigi appreciate the offer. In this case, I'm aiming to shamelessly pilfer the entire setup (content and Google Forms to submit answers) so I don't think we need any additional at this time.

• HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian

Damn, work this night, wish!

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian

in

• AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian

In

• RjboccoRjbocco Member

In

• ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2020

In. Is this on the IC Calendar yet?

Massalinie
    edited May 2020

@Colgere I thought I had requested that in Discord, but maybe not. @BobbyDigi / @primesuspect formal ask for a calendar event.

@Winfrey will be posting/sharing Zoom link day of and in the IC calendar event

Got 2 non thread signups so far: @pragtastic will be making a showing doing his best to anchor a team. My girlfriend Alisha will be in the fray as well, with her response to why she does trivia: "Mostly an excuse to drink and hang out, we're not very good".

• DontCallMeKelsoDontCallMeKelso Kelso 'The Great Asshole' San Jose, CA Icrontian

Just an FYI, discord now supports video chats so you dont have to use Zoom.

Discord doesn't support breakout rooms, which are pretty key for discussing trivia with your team.

Sounds like Alisha and I will win this whole thing.

Thanks @Tushon Thanks @Annes this was Superjoy Funtime. Congrats to the best team for winning!

MrTRiot
    edited May 2020

Participants: (regarding the laptop, i only put not entering for people that told me explicitly after this)
    @AlexDeGruven
    Alisha (not entering)
    @BobbyDigi
    @cola
    @Colgere
    @elyxandra
    @GnomeQueen
    @Kwitko
    @malia
    @MrTRiot
    @RyanFodder (not entering)
    @pragtastic (not entering)