Icrontic in Shadowlands, 2020 and beyond

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2020 in World of Warcraft

Hi friends.

It's safe to say that the guild died out after we finished Heroic Jaina in the Battle for Dazar'alor raid. The expac fatigue hit our guild like nothing before it, and effectively ended Icrontic's continual AOTC run that started back in Mists of Pandaria. It was a genuinely amazing experience raiding with you all, and reading back through some of the memories and retrospectives almost brings tears to my eyes.

While the end of BFA was bad enough, 2019 and 2020 brought lots of tragedy and life-shattering events to the Icrontic community, not to mention the first-ever cancellation of in-person events. Needless to say, it's been a really rough time for Icrontic in general, and the WoW guild could not survive the barrage.

2020 has been a shit year for a lot of people, and this long winter and spring seems to be looming ahead, with more pandemic-related lockdowns coming and an unknown future for possible vaccinations.

The thought has been brought up: WoW is not a bad way to pass the long winter months, especially with friends.

Luckily, Shadowlands—at least so far—seems promising in terms of getting people interested in the game again (and more importantly, keeping that interest). A few people have been logging in regularly and playing again, and while many of our core members have floated away to other more active guilds, there's no reason we can't rebuild the group yet again (we've done it twice before, nearly from scratch).

All that is to say, I'm thinking of dusting off the Icrontic badge and getting back to raiding and pushing content again, if there's enough interest. So far, a small group of us are discussing pushing into Torghast together, and it seems like the interest is there for some Mythic dungeons again.

Is there enough of us to start talking about tackling Castle Nathria (the first raid)? Let's open the floor to the possibility. Who's with me?

For raid night planning: Please select whichever nights you are available (at least two).

For raid roster purposes: Fill out this spreadsheet.

Comments

• While I have left for a more active guild I still appreciate the opportunity Icrontic gave me to get my foot in the door in WoW raiding way back in Tomb. I can't commit to being around for a second raid group due to RL responsibilities but I can help with M+ and maybe some alt stuff. If y'all ever need anyone just let me know and I'll do my best to help out.

primesuspectStrikes
  • StrikesStrikes Lincoln, NE Icrontian

It's still my intent to tank M+ and raids, and I really like Icrontic so that's a yea in my book. Steke's not up to snuff for healing, but I'll eventually be able to fill any role. Just let me know when.

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Sounds like we have one of our two tanks @Strikes :) Thanks for stepping up!

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian

Ooo, I'm feeling the itch.

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian

Can someone please god explain this spreadsheet? I have never done this...

• SazbeanSazbean Paladins. Lawful good & violent about it. Chelsea, MI Icrontian

I'm happy to tank or dps as needed.

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian

I'll speak for @Charity while she doesn't have any internet. I know she dearly wants to tank for you guys again when she gets Internet pretty soon. :)

primesuspect
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian

I haven't raided with Icrontic since WotLK, but I'm getting back into the game and would like a friendly home if you guys are still looking for people for M+ and raids. I don't have any characters on Thrall yet, but have a couple soon to be 60s I will move over. I have @primesuspect on bnet so I'll message you on there for an invite.

RyderprimesuspectMiracleManS
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian

Fine. I'm back. Bringing Hydrar over to Thrall (along with Katie, Anne, Eli!) I've been active from Vanilla to WoD. Missed Legion & BfA. Still Resto & Boomkin.

ThraxMAGICprimesuspectSazbean