Recruiting ideas?

oddharmonicoddharmonic Dallas, TX
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
I'm feeling minorly accomplished after recruiting my first person to folding (and the team!) after plugging it in a thread on <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/">LiveJournal</a>. (I already plug folding and a link to the team from both my LJ user info and the main index of my personal website.)

When I return home in August, I hope to get a few more processors folding for Short-Media since my family seems to think I give good computer-related advice, but other than that, I could use some recruiting ideas.

I'm not good at selling people on anything unless finding products my friends are looking for counts, so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    congratulations on your first recuit to the team ...for folding.
    I'm not a major recuiter so I'm sure you'll hear better ideas from others but I usually steer people to the team site ...since we don't have that anymore (not for now anyway) just go to the stanford homepage and educate them. http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/
    ...also, keep a floppy handy with all of the setup files you'll need to setup a client as a service just in case!!! :fold:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Show them the strong points like the great cause behind this. The flash movies work great for this. If they are the emotional type it really works cause then they get to see what they are helping to fight against.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Getting guys to fold is easy, you just explaine that it is a contest. I have never been able to get my wife to understand, and she is a microbiologist.
    I am sure that this is a buch if info that we will get put back together.
    What may help is some of the 'why do you fold' comments. Often other people can say things enough differently to catch someone attention.