If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

A New Old Car

ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
edited Sep 2016 in The Pub

I think there's some kind of club or something I'm supposed to join, but I can't find it. I know some of you guys run old iron....just picked this up for a project, it's pretty original but not quite as nice as it looks in the pics. Needs a bit of door/fender re-aligning, and the paint job was a slap-on cheapo TERRIBLE job.
What do you mean you don't want pics???? I'm putting some up anyways!

Allegedly original seats, they are the right shape but I'm not sure about the 2-tone coverings. Dash pad is one of the few things not original to the car.

I don't know when it made it's way up to Alberta from SoCal, but it was allegedly 35 years in the last owner's hands.

Original colour, which someday it will get put back to, under the trunk lid. 'Mist Blue'.

LincBobbyDigiZanthianprimesuspectTushonKwitkoBuddyJMt_GoatUPSLynx

Comments

• ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited Sep 2016

hmmm don't know why the pics are showing as uhhh broken links. EDIT - Or I could just fix them so they work

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian

Nice!

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian

Huh, I didn't know the 283 was considered a Super Stock engine. Nice ride, and have a ton of fun restoring it. It's going to look sweet.

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian

Congrats! Looks like you got a nice project. What are your plans for it? Gonna restore to factory specs, or restomod it or go full custom?

• ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited Sep 2016

Turns out it's not quite as original as I thought. I all along suspected the seats weren't, but was told first they were. Definitely recovered, but a pretty nice job. Headliner and dash probably at the same time, not as nicely. But I'll leave interior for last.

Discovered last night the rear end is 3:36 non posi, if it were posi I would have left well enough alone but will be looking for something in there. Other than that, we're talking complete new disc brake system, upgraded suspension, upgraded steering box, and ultimately a 350(stroker maybe 383) and an AOD trans. Once I have it driving nicely, then off to the body shop, but that might not even be next year. We $hall $$ee.

SonorousBuddyJ